41 replies to this topic

#41 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:54 AM

Possibly the most interesting thing this season will be seeing how United actually work as a team. They have the most unbalanced squad in the league.

Apart from the defending against Everton, Chelsea have been looking promising.

Arsenal would struggle to accommodate Fabregas IMHO Red. They need Ramsey and Wilshire to get games. And Wenger won't give up on Ozil being better than Cesc.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#42 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,333 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

Possibly the most interesting thing this season will be seeing how United actually work as a team. They have the most unbalanced squad in the league.

LVG really took over a diffcult job with the team constructed the way it was. It's going to be a process so I don't expect success right away but I'm confident they'll get there eventually. I'm pleased with his first transfer window. Some credit for Herrera and Shaw should probably go to Moyes but LVG surprised me bringing in big players like di Maria and Falcao along with smaller, but important players like Rojo and Blind. I still think highly of Kagawa but the RVP signing really impacted his time with United and with players like Mata and Januzaj there wasn't a spot for him. Surprised they sold Lawrence but it was clear that the AM spot wouldn't be available in the near future. Hard to lose Welbeck but I think it's a great move for him personally and I hope he succeeds at Arsenal.

I'm curious to see if he will stick with the 3-5-2 now that he's added new players. I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to a 4-3-3. I don't doubt the 3-5-2 but it's clear the players are still learning the system (especially the defenders in buildup play) and the wingbacks are a huge area of concern right now.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users