180 replies to this topic

#1 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Thought I'd give this one its own thread.

There's cherry-picking involved here, but there ARE reasons to be hopeful.

The Devils are 12-6-7 in their last 25 games.

Since Schneider has become the clear #1 goalie, the Devils are 7-3-4. 

If the Devils go 12-6-6 in their final 24 games, that gives them 91 points on the season.  Of course we'd love to see more, but what's at least nice to see is that they really don't have to play THAT much better from a point% standpoint than what they've shown for an extended stretch now.  They can't afford any kind of real slump, and they definitely can't afford much of a dropoff in play from Schneider, and it'd be nice if they could avoid 3-3-3 treading water stretches, but at least there's reasons to think they could pull this off...starting with a much needed win tonight.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 19 March 2014 - 09:32 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#2 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:58 AM

We also play most of our games at home, and our schedule is weak.  I still want Lou to buy right now.  We'll see how we do tonight against Washington.  While yes it would make life easier if we get regulation wins, any kind of win would work tonight.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#3 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

IMO we kind of have to be optimistic because, like it or not, there's no way Lou is a seller at the deadline seeing as we're so close to a playoff spot. It's all in at this point. Damn the parity of the metro.

#4 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

IMO we kind of have to be optimistic because, like it or not, there's no way Lou is a seller at the deadline seeing as we're so close to a playoff spot. It's all in at this point. Damn the parity of the metro.

No GM would be sellers if they were in the same situation the Devils are currently in.  It's not just a Lou thing.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#5 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

No GM would be sellers if they were in the same situation the Devils are currently in.  It's not just a Lou thing.

Wasn't meant to be a knock on Lou, just the reality of the situation. I'm still hopeful.

#6 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

doubtful.. unless they figure out how to score more then one goal in regulation... doubtful.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,598 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

The reason for optimism is that two goals a night is going to get us at least a point. And Schneider may very well be the best goalie in hockey right now. If the Devils make the playoffs I think he definitely gets a Vezina nomination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#8 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:35 AM

The reason for optimism is that two goals a night is going to get us at least a point. And Schneider may very well be the best goalie in hockey right now. If the Devils make the playoffs I think he definitely gets a Vezina nomination.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i just wish the team didnt depend on him so much its not good.. they leave the guy literally zero room for error.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#9 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

same with jagr, was skeptical at first and now we rely too much on him.

still get my monies worth watching him play in a devils jersey.

Posted Image

#10 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

i just wish the team didnt depend on him so much its not good.. they leave the guy literally zero room for error.

This.

But to be fair, they've been very unlucky the past couple of games.  A total of 4 posts and a goal line dribbler.  They're actually getting their chances.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#11 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

i thought this was going to be another pdo thread ;)

i would really like to get to 94 or 95 points - at 91, they're gonna need a lot of help.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#12 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

i thought this was going to be another pdo thread ;)

i would really like to get to 94 or 95 points - at 91, they're gonna need a lot of help.

91 gives us a 76% chance.

http://www.sportsclu.../NewJersey.html

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#13 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

+4 going into the olympic break would be amazing. 

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#14 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

I'm hoping that since Schneider is going to be playing a lot more then the guys will get used to it and the goals will start to come.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#15 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

We NEED a couple of goals a night.  I don't care if the offspring of Brodeur/Roy/Hasek is in net, Schneider can't do this every single night.  We need someone to score some goals here.  Or else we are as good as done.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#16 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Thought I'd give this one its own thread.

There's cherry-picking involved here, but there ARE reasons to be hopeful.

The Devils are 12-6-7 in their last 25 games.

Since Schneider has become the clear #1 goalie, the Devils are 7-3-4. 

If the Devils go 12-6-6 in their final 24 games, that gives them 91 points on the season.  Of course we'd love to see more, but what's at least nice to see is that they really don't have to play THAT much better from a point% standpoint than what they've shown for an extended stretch now.  They can't afford any kind of real slump, and they definitely can't afford much of a dropoff in play from Schneider, and it'd be nice if they could avoid 3-3-3 treading water stretches, but at least there's reasons to think they could pull this off...starting with a much needed win tonight.

Here, here!  :cheers:

Of course, if we dont get two points tonight, this thread will be overturned by an angry mob lol

#17 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

We NEED a couple of goals a night.  I don't care if the offspring of Brodeur/Roy/Hasek is in net, Schneider can't do this every single night.  We need someone to score some goals here.  Or else we are as good as done.

To be fair, they did hit 7 posts in 2 games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#18 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Yup I'm optimistic too.. We definitely can make the playoffs and with that lost 1st rounder this season, I say we go for it at the trade deadline
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

I'm optimistic if one of Brunner or Ryder can be consistent.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#20 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

To be fair, they did hit 7 posts in 2 games.

The other team is hitting posts against us too and every teams are missing chances the way we are too.

and all the teams ahead of us could also go on a winning streak and fvck us over.

i understand the optimism and all but tell me that you understand that looking at this whole thing as black and white as you are (you gotta go all out cause if you have a chance to the playoffs you take it no matter what) could prevent us from other future opportunities and ultimately put us in a worst position than we are already

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users