102 replies to this topic

#81 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Lou Lamoriello should look in the mirror and ask himself why Harrold is on this roster in the first place. As much as Pete is looking like a coach who isn't long for the job, let's stop pretending Lou Lamoriello shouldn't shoulder any responsibility for having this type of garbage on the roster.

Yes Amen

#82 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Someone who hasn't confused Stephen Gionta for Denis Savard and Peter Harrold for Scott Niedermayer would be a start...

Great come back MD2020

#83 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

this team is a long way from being any kind of cup winner.

A long long way but we have the goalie and it's not Marty.

#84 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

A long long way but we have the goalie and it's not Marty.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The team's performance in front of him this season has been awful. Either we need to have a great 14-15 season or throw a truck of money at him.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#85 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

Someone who hasn't confused Stephen Gionta for Denis Savard and Peter Harrold for Scott Niedermayer would be a start...

honestly i dont think he is going to get fired. even if he was, we will find another reason to complain about the new coach

#86 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

Brian McNally ‏@bmcnally14:

Just saw Patrik Elias photobomb a group picture w/ #Caps fans and Jaromir Jagr. Kept yelling "Put it on the Facebook!!!" over and over.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#87 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

Our defense has been great.. Without Larsson. Would anyone consider trading him for a scorer? He has the most value it seems, that would fetch what we possibly need.

#88 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

We let Erat score dam it!!!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#89 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Our defense has been great.. Without Larsson. Would anyone consider trading him for a scorer? He has the most value it seems, that would fetch what we possibly need.

No.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#90 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

Devils are now 7-3-4 in Cory's last 14 starts.  That's actually pretty bad when you realize Cory hasn't given up more than 2 goals in regulation in any of them, and has put up a .944 save% and a 1.43 GAA.   

The good news:  even with what amounts to god-awful, embarrassingly bad goal support, the Devils have managed to come away with a .643 point% in these 14 Cory starts.  And this is with Cory getting almost NOTHING to work with.  Outside of the 7 goals of support he rec'd in the game against St. Louis, he's gotten 19 goals total in the other 13 starts (1.46 GPG)...and has somehow gone 6-3-4 in those games.

The Devils are not a good offensive team, goes without saying, but they're not 1.46 GPG bad.  No NHL team really is.  They should improve over that.  The big question is can Cory keeping playing this well if and when the Devils do start to score some goals?   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#91 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

I just hate watching Salvador and Harrold. I know the defense is good but still. We need more offense from the backline, Larsson would help move the puck up the ice, and that's what we need.

#92 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

What’s Lamoriello thinking? NJ.com chased him down for comment as he was leaving the Verizon Center.

“Well, you always want to score,” Lamoriello said. “There’s no question. Right now we just have to just take a step back and go from there.”

Does Lamoriello think he needs to trade for help?

"You know better than that (to ask)," he said with a smile. http://www.nj.com/de...for_scorer.html

#93 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

This Randy Miller guys sucks. Lou says what he says. He's been trying to get more scoring. Only so much you can do.

#94 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

No doubt Lou's been trying, but its not easy to make a deal. We all get frustrated with Lou, but I'm sure he's working the phones. It isn't for lack of effort.

#95 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,515 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

No doubt Lou's been trying, but its not easy to make a deal. We all get frustrated with Lou, but I'm sure he's working the phones. It isn't for lack of effort.

He's definitely exhausted the "from within" route, but the Devils just have gotten any real "from within" contributions at forward.  Would've been great if Boucher had been able to find the net, but it just didn't happen.  I think Lou's waiting to see where the team is at the deadline.  I'm a big Lou supporter, but I have to admit, some of his quotes have been a little scary lately...but considering that he's always been a lousy interview, I probably shouldn't read into anything he says to a reporter.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 09 February 2014 - 09:38 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#96 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

I guess were pretty much guarenteed to make some kind of move ...anxious to see what happens and if nothing well then what a disappointment
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#97 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

He's definitely exhausted the "from within" route, but the Devils just have gotten any real "from within" contributions at forward. Would've been great if Boucher had been able to find the net, but it just didn't happen. I think Lou's waiting to see where the team is at the deadline. I'm a big Lou supporter, but I have to admit, some of his quotes have been a little scary lately...but considering that he's always been a lousy interview, I probably shouldn't read into anything he says to a reporter.

I take Lou's quotes with a rather large grain of salt. He's the master at giving the media nothing. He said the same kind of stuff back in the day too.

#98 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,344 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

I guess were pretty much guarenteed to make some kind of move ...anxious to see what happens and if nothing well then what a disappointment

I just don't want a 'desperation' move. This season isn't worth salvaging for that. Keep the young d-men unless its a deal for an under-30, top 6 forward who's under contract for several years. I'd love it if a deal like that can be made, but I doubt it. More than anything, I'm hoping we find some team that would take Salvador for a bag of pucks.

#99 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

hitting the pipe is like Pavlovs dog for devils fans.

Posted Image

#100 PacificDevil

PacificDevil

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Sending Boucher back after the 7-1 St Louis game seemed weird to me, he had a nice assist on Jagr goal and started getting comfortable on the top line

Edited by PacificDevil, 09 February 2014 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users