20 replies to this topic

#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Since it's trading season and that all we do is throw suppositions without even being sure if we're sellers or buyers, I was thinking who i'd be willing to trade straight up for Larsson and that it'd be fair for both team without having to throw a pick in there.

Then figured it would be a cool exercise to do with the whole team or a few players and see who has equal value to our players around the league. May not have to look too far into, who needs what and contracts situation and all, simply who has equal value/skills than our players.

I'll be the guys throwing the idea and have to wait til i have a little bit more time to actually join the exercise but i'd be curious to see what you guys can come up with.

As a starter i think a guy i'd trade straight up for Larsson in term of potential and ceiling... though call but i'd say... (really wish i could convince myself that E.Kane would work but i cant see it lol) I think i'd say Zibanejad could be a good swap.

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,821 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Please no

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Yeah uh if Zibanejad if the best return you can get for Larsson, why the hell wouldn't you just hold onto Larsson?

There isn't a straight-up deal that would benefit the Devils at this point for Larsson.  He hasn't hit his peak yet (or really shown a capability of doing so) so why would other NHL teams offer prime talent?

And so help me God if that little headcase Yakupov gets mentioned...

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Zbinijad looks like he'll be a good player, but just another good two way guy that won't score a ton.  While I'm not opposed to trading Larsson, we would definitely be selling low.  Kane I would do, but it's not a good match, since Winnipeg has enough good young defensemen. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#5 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

you guys are no fun and clearly missed what i was going for there lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#6 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Larssons trade value isn't that high. It's not non existent...he's a chip just not as big as before. You'd have to bolster Larsson with a pick

Larsson and a 4th for Patric Hornqvist

Larsson and some pick for Loui Eriksson

that's the best you can do with him unless you want to package a 2nd and someone like Santini.

larsson+2nd+Santini...then you can get your big talent

without the pick you're just not getting a forward that matters

Edited by '7', 11 February 2014 - 04:01 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

I don't know if the Sens trade Zib for Larsson. They seem pretty happy with their defense moving forward and figure Zibanejad to be a big part of their future as well.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

Larsson for Zibinajad? Lmfao. Not if I was on acid.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,318 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

I don't know if the Sens trade Zib for Larsson. They seem pretty happy with their defense moving forward and figure Zibanejad to be a big part of their future as well.

Forget them- I'd never do that from our perspective. No way.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Mattias Tedenby for.................CROSBY! 

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#11 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,988 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Mattias Tedenby for.................CROSBY! 

Pitt needs to add.  Better throw in a 7th round pick for good measure.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#12 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Their actually not, they want a defensive defenseman that's their problem.

#13 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Yeah uh if Zibanejad if the best return you can get for Larsson, why the hell wouldn't you just hold onto Larsson?

There isn't a straight-up deal that would benefit the Devils at this point for Larsson.  He hasn't hit his peak yet (or really shown a capability of doing so) so why would other NHL teams offer prime talent?

And so help me God if that little headcase Yakupov gets mentioned...

What about their other big 3?  Eberle, Hall, and RNH?

Bryce Salvador is one.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

There is a difference between what they need at this second and the future. A prospect doesn't help a team competing for the playoffs right now. And trading Zibanejad certainly won't help the Sens. They want to win in the next few years. They are lacking top 6 forwards right now.

Sure they might want a proven defenseman to insert in their lineup today, but that totally different than Larsson or any other defensive prospect in the world.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#15 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Ottawa doesn't have issue scoring goals, they have issues with having offensive defensemen, who can't play defense, and a Anderson who's looking to get the boot as well.

There is a difference between what they need at this second and the future. A prospect doesn't help a team competing for the playoffs right now. And trading Zibanejad certainly won't help the Sens. They want to win in the next few years. They are lacking top 6 forwards right now.

Sure they might want a proven defenseman to insert in their lineup today, but that totally different than Larsson or any other defensive prospect in the world.

#16 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,115 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Ottawa doesn't have issue scoring goals, they have issues with having offensive defensemen, who can't play defense, and a Anderson who's looking to get the boot as well.

All of this doesn't have much to do with a potential Larsson for Zib deal the OP is talking about. In this hypothetical deal, talking about the Sens team at this point isn't really relevant. They aren't dealing him today for a defenseman in the NHL or a prospect who is a defensive defenseman

Jason Spezza has lost a huge step. He has a really screwed up back. He might not be in their long-term plans, and if he is...you can't count on him to be a top center anymore. So Zibanejad is going to be a huge part of their future one way or another. 

#17 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Well nvm larsson then haha or name me anyone who would be a wash in trading for him, its really hard. I guess thats what i really meant, who could you swap from our team that would be a wash for another player in term of skills. This is really just for fun and to gauge values.

Like i dont know... Zajac for mikko koivu. I think thats close to a wash.

Zubrus - brooks laich
Henrique - kreider
Jagr - alfredson
Ryder - perron
Clowe - lars eller
Gelinas - bryan little... Maybe not but id try lol
Zids - morrow
Salvador - bruce boudreau

www.SterioDesign.com

#18 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Well nvm larsson then haha or name me anyone who would be a wash in trading for him, its really hard. I guess thats what i really meant, who could you swap from our team that would be a wash for another player in term of skills. This is really just for fun and to gauge values.

Like i dont know... Zajac for mikko koivu. I think thats close to a wash.

Zubrus - brooks laich
Henrique - kreider
Jagr - alfredson
Ryder - perron
Clowe - lars eller
Gelinas - bryan little... Maybe not but id try lol
Zids - morrow
Salvador - bruce boudreau

Zids and Morrow is not even a close comparison. Morrow is closer to Clowe than Zids.

Salvador is more like the ashen bones of Eddie Shore.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#19 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

Zids and Morrow is not even a close comparison. Morrow is closer to Clowe than Zids.
Salvador is more like the ashen bones of Eddie Shore.

Yeah well come up with a few and youll see how hard it is lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#20 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Jagr to anyone for a bunch of those old mission m1 sticks. Remember those? I wanted one so bad.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users