Photo

Since It Would Be A Pretty Epic / Historical Event in Devils History..

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Straight Up Pole - Will Brodeur Be Traded This Season (109 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Marty be traded prior to this season's deadline?

1. Yes (36 votes [33.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.03%

2. No (73 votes [66.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.97%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Any where Marty goes it won't be as a starter. If a team trades for him, it's because they want a veteran in the locker room and an experienced guy who can step in if their starter gets hurt. Not a whole lot of teams will be needing that, and who knows how many are on Marty's list if he indeed has asked for a trade. I can think of Chicago, Minnesota, Tampa, and San Jose as teams that may want that piece for a playoff run, but I just don't know if what Brodeur would bring to them would be worth the distraction, nor do I think the Devils would really get much back. So I have to say there won't be a trade.

I guess Edmonton could make sense if they want a pointless goalie controversy to end their season. It just seems more and more obvious that Marty will have to hang it up when the season ends.

Don't see the Sharks wanting him. They've been high on Stalock as a possible starter for awhile, so I would be surprised if they dump him for a washed up vet. Especially since Niemi's been fine as the man.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#42 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I voted no because he'll want to choose where he's going, and have a shot at playoffs/AND being a starter somewhere. I don't think there's a fit.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#43 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Don't see the Sharks wanting him. They've been high on Stalock as a possible starter for awhile, so I would be surprised if they dump him for a washed up vet. Especially since Niemi's been fine as the man.

I meant solely for a playoff run in that case. I have no idea what team would want Marty for anything after this season.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#44 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

The bolded is complete horsesh!t...he hasn't said squat lately, and when he did before, he answered the questions being put to him as honestly as he could.  If you're in the "turn on Marty" crowd, fine, whatever, but don't make stuff up to justify it. 

so whats this meeting all about than huh?

turn on marty crowd, yeah...and done.

Posted Image

#45 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

It was to discuss his future with the team. It could mean he was telling Lou he plans to retire after the season, it could be him asking for a trade, it could be Lou telling him that they don't plan on re-signing him, it could be Lou telling him that Cory is the guy from here on out. There's a lot of possibilities, and no one knows for sure.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#46 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

What a stupid post. 

So now he's not allowed to have a behind-the-scenes meeting with the Devils' GM (who also happens to be his friend...that comes across loud and clear in his book) to discuss his future as a Devil (or beyond)?  He just has to "keep quiet" (which he has been, as far as the media goes)?  That makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 February 2014 - 04:07 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#47 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

lets discuss the future of a HOF 41 year old goalie with some 20 games left in the season looking just outside of getting in the playoffs.

i read his book, how come he was unaware of Lou getting Scneider if their such good friends.

so yeah just shuddup and support the team. you should try it!

Posted Image

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,508 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

lets discuss the future of a HOF 41 year old goalie with some 20 games left in the season looking just outside of getting in the playoffs.

i read his book, how come he was unaware of Lou getting Scneider if their such good friends.

so yeah just shuddup and support the team. you should try it!

Guess you're seeing how many stupid posts you can string together. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#49 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

geico-oldest-trick-in-the-book-commercia

Posted Image

#50 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

I just don't see who would take him at a price worth it to both us and him. He sits here he sits in San Jose how much of a difference is it to him at that point

#51 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,840 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

I voted no because he'll want to choose where he's going, and have a shot at playoffs/AND being a starter somewhere. I don't think there's a fit.

there is a fit...if he has a time machine !

#52 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

there is a fit...if he has a time machine !

No, because even with a time machine he'd still be transporting his current self back in time to watch his younger self playing kick-arse hockey for the Devils and not wanting anything to do with leaving. What he needs is a fountain of youth, not a time machine.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#53 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Let him ride the bench and hopefully hang it up after this season. Where is he going to get more playing time, Europe?

We need a goalie in our Tuesday night beer league...sure, he will get more playing time there

#54 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

No, because even with a time machine he'd still be transporting his current self back in time to watch his younger self playing kick-arse hockey for the Devils and not wanting anything to do with leaving. What he needs is a fountain of youth, not a time machine.

Thank you, that logic was bothering me as well.

#55 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

if montreal gives up a good forward, guaranteed deal.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#56 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Oops

Edited by Mike Brown, 15 February 2014 - 05:19 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#57 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

everyone knows he would love to go there ..
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#58 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:10 AM

everyone knows he would love to go there ..

Not to sit behind Price he won't.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#59 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

We could package a deal Brodeur and S. Gionta neither have a contract for next season, Stephen could play with his brother, sounds like I heard that before.

#60 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

Won't ever happen

We could package a deal Brodeur and S. Gionta neither have a contract for next season, Stephen could play with his brother, sounds like I heard that before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users