164 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Attendance and atmosphere arent necessarily one in the same. The crowds arent into the games like they were last year. Obviously, a lot of that has to do with the low offense, but you cant also discount the of the Diablos, the growing vuvuzela use, and the anti-climactic goal song.

Yea but none of that is on the owners.  The quality of the team has very little to do with the owners.  And 7 Nation Army has been eaten up by out fanbase.  The fans love it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#42 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

This team is in the position I expected them to be in coming into this season.  Can't say I'm disappointed, although their inconsistency is frustrating to watch at times.  Fact of the matter is, this is a very average team that plays that way.  Their system and goaltending keep them in games and give them a chance to win, but the offense is non-existent and it is a struggle just to pot 2 goals on most nights.  I'd be estatic just making the playoffs this season.

Posted Image

#43 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

Yea but none of that is on the owners.  The quality of the team has very little to do with the owners.  And 7 Nation Army has been eaten up by out fanbase.  The fans love it.

I agree that the owners (especially these owners since they are new) aren't the reason that the atmosphere is dead inside the Rock this season.  It's on the fans to make the building the way it was in 2012.  The goal song isn't the reason the you can hear a conversation 2 people are having from the other end of the rink with 2 minutes left in the 3rd.  However, if you really think the majority of fans love the new goal song, I want some of what you're smoking.   

Posted Image

#44 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

They lost three 30 goal scorers and replaced them with zero, maybe one if Jagr keeps going. Its common sense you aren't going to win that way unless your defense was so lights out they were giving up less than two a game. 

If Corey started most of the games and still had his current save percentage and GAA, maybe they would be in a slightly better position. But there were a LOT of one goal losses/shootout horror shows that could have been avoided if you threw another 30 goal scorer or two in the mix.

We need to retire the idea of David Clarkson being 'a 30 goal scorer'.  He did that once.  He will not likely do it again - he's not a very good player, and he is having just a disastrous year in Toronto.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#45 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

I refuse to get into yet another debate about this, but let's be clear - 'the fans' don't all love it.  It's incredibly tacky.  I'm sure some like it, but quite a few I know and have spoken with don't.  It's a mix, for sure.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 14 February 2014 - 03:54 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#46 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

I refuse to get into yet another debate about this, but let's be clear - 'the fans' don't all love it.  It's incredibly tacky.  I'm sure some like it, but quite a few I know and have spoken with don't.  It's a mix, for sure.

agreed who the hell loves the 7 nations army goal song? i havent found one person in person that thinks that was a "good" pick for our song... actually it blows there were way better choices that could have been used.
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#47 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

I agree that the owners (especially these owners since they are new) aren't the reason that the atmosphere is dead inside the Rock this season.  It's on the fans to make the building the way it was in 2012.  The goal song isn't the reason the you can hear a conversation 2 people are having from the other end of the rink with 2 minutes left in the 3rd.  However, if you really think the majority of fans love the new goal song, I want some of what you're smoking.   

I have yet to meet a fan who doesn't like it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#48 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,015 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

We need to retire the idea of David Clarkson being 'a 30 goal scorer'.  He did that once.  He will not likely do it again - he's not a very good player, and he is having just a disastrous year in Toronto.

It's bad, but if he got every opportunity he got under Deboer in Toronto it wouldn't be that awful. I don't think anyone pointed out more than me how ridiculously lucky 50% of Clarkson's goals were, but you get on the ice and good things happen.

Carlyle is using Clarkson no different than how Lemaire did. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#49 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,738 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

agreed who the hell loves the 7 nations army goal song? i havent found one person in person that thinks that was a "good" pick for our song... actually it blows there were way better choices that could have been used.

There's 2 who apparently don't.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#50 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

It's bad, but if he got every opportunity he got under Deboer in Toronto it wouldn't be that awful. I don't think anyone pointed out more than me how ridiculously lucky 50% of Clarkson's goals were, but you get on the ice and good things happen.

I think I went through it with you once...the goals that went off random body parts, etc.  I've never seen puck luck like that in one season, ever.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#51 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

FWIW - I think 7 Nation Army has been a fantastic replacement. I saw a lot of people post/submit their options and I didn't like any of them, including my own suggestions, as much as it

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#52 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'm one of those a$$holes who chant "you suck" in 7 nation army on principe of changing the song

#53 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

FWIW - I think 7 Nation Army has been a fantastic replacement. I saw a lot of people post/submit their options and I didn't like any of them, including my own suggestions, as much as it

I think it's a good replacement if they just kept it simple. Not really a fan of the remix + the corny "Let's Go Devils" that seems awkwardly thrown in. Just too much going on.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#54 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Brunner... Simply put..

Also that we have a clusterfvck of D and we don't have anyone that can score..

Posted Image Posted Image

#55 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

He's been taken off the power play in Toronto, but even so in 2011-12 it's not like Clarkson was given great linemates - he was playing with Tedenby and Carter for half the year.  

Lemaire started him off with two guys who currently play in the AHL, but regardless, Clarkson got the short end of the luck stick in 2011 without question.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#56 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

cant believe the albany devils are still using bon jovi goal song...forgot to chant "you suck" though

Posted Image

#57 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

There are 70 people on this board that don't like it. We accept it, but it doesn't mean we like it.
Posted Image

#58 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

There are 70 people on this board that don't like it. We accept it, but it doesn't mean we like it.

only 70?!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#59 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

I kinda like the new goal song.

How did you get that 70 number?

#60 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:58 AM

There is also a lot of people who simply "accepted" RR2 as well.  Most of our fanbase falls into the category of that they "like the song, but don't really care" what the goal song is.  That was the case with RR2 and is currently the case with SNA.  That would be one example of just "accepting" of the goal song.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users