164 replies to this topic

#61 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

There is also a lot of people who simply "accepted" RR2 as well.  Most of our fanbase falls into the category of that they "like the song, but don't really care" what the goal song is.  That was the case with RR2 and is currently the case with SNA.  That would be one example of just "accepting" of the goal song.

at  2:58 AM you had to post this?

#62 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

I kinda like the new goal song.
How did you get that 70 number?

It wasn't meant to be literal. It was meant to point out the absolutely ridiculous statement made by Mike Brown that he knew of no one that didn't like the new goal song.

Personally, I think the song itself is fine as a goal song. However, the stupid and awkward "let's go devils" chant dubbed in, and the ear splitting volume they play it at makes me hate the song.
Posted Image

#63 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

It wasn't meant to be literal. It was meant to point out the absolutely ridiculous statement made by Mike Brown that he knew of no one that didn't like the new goal song.

Personally, I think the song itself is fine as a goal song. However, the stupid and awkward "let's go devils" chant dubbed in, and the ear splitting volume they play it at makes me hate the song.

I said I never met anybody who didn't like the goal song.  I still haven't.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#64 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

:doh1:

So the people who responded here that they don't like it don't count?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#65 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

:doh1:

So the people who responded here that they don't like it don't count?

Did I say that?  Let me go over the sequence one more time.

1. I say I've never met anybody who didn't like the new song.

2. Chuck then points out people on here who says they didn't like it.  He said it as if it disproves my original statement.

Since I've never met anybody on this forum, my original statement is still valid.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#66 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

2. Chuck then points out people on here who says they didn't like it.  He said it as if it disproves my original statement.

Since I've never met anybody on this forum, my original statement is still valid.

Mike "The King of Semantics and Making Useless Posts" Brown

believe-devs.jpg

#67 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Mike "The King of Semantics and Making Useless Posts" Brown

I'm very meticulous with my posts, and I don't intend people to interpret my posts in such a broad manner.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#68 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:44 PM

I'm very meticulous with my posts, and I don't intend people to interpret my posts in such a broad manner.

That's why, as it was suggested to you recently, posting less might be in your best interest. It looks like that was advice you choose not to take into consideration whatsoever.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#69 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Not to disagree with you just because we disagree on everything, but I hate SNA. I hate it as a song and as a goal song. It's just not original. At least RR2 was steeped in tradition. I feel as though if they were going to make  change, which I think was unnecessary, then at least do an original song from a Jersey artist. Off topic, but there should be a state flag in the rafters. I can't recall if they fly one outside, but there's absolutely no reason to not have one in the building.

But I feel as if New Jerseyans are generally pretty disrespectful of our state flag.

Edited by thecoffeecake, 16 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#70 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Can you not comprehend how annoying is this, in light of your penchant for post-whoring?  A lot of people on this site have never met face-to-face and likely never will...that's pretty standard for sites like this.  In all of the time I've been posting here, I've only met a handful of members (DaneykoIsGod, iamtheprodigy, Colin226, DevsMan84, and a couple that don't post here anymore).  A lot of the reason for having a website like this is so fans of the same team can "hang out" and discuss/debate various aspects of the team on and off the ice without having to do it in each other's physical presence (I can't believe this has to be explained to you, but apparently it does).  Why even bother wasting bandwidth on stupid semantics sh!t like "I never met anybody [face-to-face] who didn't like the goal song"?  What's your point exactly, that until you physically "meet" someone who says they don't like SNA, you won't believe such people exist?  People saying they don't like it on this website (which is NOT prone to much in the way of trolling) somehow doesn't count?  You're now going to drive up your post count with debating how "meeting" someone can have different compartmentalized definitions and interpretations? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 17 February 2014 - 09:02 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

Oh ok sorry lol I thought there was a poll or something here that I missed.

I do think that piped in chant is silly and the volume of everything they play at the Rock has been extremely loud for as long as I can reemmber (though it feels like it got a lot louder this year).   However, I do like the new song though.

#72 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:14 AM

Can you not comprehend how annoying is this, in light of your penchant for post-whoring?  A lot of people on this site have never met face-to-face and likely never will...that's pretty standard for sites like this.  In all of the time I've been posting here, I've only met a handful of members (DaneykoIsGod, iamtheprodigy, Colin226, DevsMan84, and a couple that don't post here anymore).  A lot of the reason for having a website like this is so fans of the same team can "hang out" and discuss/debate various aspects of the team on and off the ice without having to do it in each other's physical presence (I can't believe this has to be explained to you, but apparently it does).  Why even bother wasting bandwidth on stupid semantics sh!t like "I never met anybody [face-to-face] who didn't like the goal song"?  What's your point exactly, that until you physically "meet" someone who says they don't like SNA, you won't believe such people exist?  People saying they don't like it on this website (which is NOT prone to much in the way of trolling) somehow doesn't count?  You're now going to drive up your post count with debating how "meeting" someone can have different compartmentalized definitions and interpretations? 

Here is the procedure with him:

1) He makes a statement and takes a position on a topic

2) At the same time make another statement where he takes the opposite position of a topic to play "devil's advocate" and to cover all the bases.

3) When questioned on original statement or counter statement, go into incredible lengths to split hairs on semantics of what he stated and claim that what he said is true because he took all possible positions you can have on that particular topic

4) Just added at least 3-5 posts to his 20 posts a day quota - Success!

Edited by DevsMan84, 17 February 2014 - 09:15 AM.

#73 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

How the Devils have disappointed me:  Not enough Coach Stevens chit chat.  Larry Robinson spoke to the press plenty when he wasn't a head coach.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 17 February 2014 - 11:41 AM.

I'm here for the party

#74 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Back on topic, I agree with most of what is being said here, but the Josefson thing is all on DeBoer, and no one else, imo. It's super frustrating to watch a talented player with a promising NHL career be wasted like that. To say he has been "unimpressive" or that he "has to produce" in the chances he's given is simply ridiculous. He is consistently creating chances while also being defensively responsible. Give him ten games with Jagr and Zajac and see if anything happens, not two games with limited minutes.

In the two back-to-back games Josefson had in January, the Devils played (as a team) and absolutely atrocious game vs. the Rangers and then they were shut out against the Blues. Not a single player was able to show up since the first period of the Rangers game, and for whatever reason, Josefson gets singled out as the guy who needs to make something happen. I have no idea why the rookie (Boucher) was given such a longer leash than JJ while getting to play on the top line.

Loktionov is another story. At least he has been able to stay in the lineup. He isn't exactly cut out for a bottom six role, but the Devils doesn't seem to use the bottom six quite like other teams do. Can't totally blame him for not putting up more points, but I definitely did expect some more out of him this season.

I don't know, as far as offense goes, I find it hard not to blame the non-Czech top 6 guys over the young players who are expected to make things happen under unfavorable circumstances. 

#75 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Here is the procedure with him:

1) He makes a statement and takes a position on a topic

2) At the same time make another statement where he takes the opposite position of a topic to play "devil's advocate" and to cover all the bases.

3) When questioned on original statement or counter statement, go into incredible lengths to split hairs on semantics of what he stated and claim that what he said is true because he took all possible positions you can have on that particular topic

4) Just added at least 3-5 posts to his 20 posts a day quota - Success!

2 is completely false.  You keep saying this, but never have proven it.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#76 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Not to disagree with you just because we disagree on everything, but I hate SNA. I hate it as a song and as a goal song. It's just not original. At least RR2 was steeped in tradition. I feel as though if they were going to make  change, which I think was unnecessary, then at least do an original song from a Jersey artist. Off topic, but there should be a state flag in the rafters. I can't recall if they fly one outside, but there's absolutely no reason to not have one in the building.

But I feel as if New Jerseyans are generally pretty disrespectful of our state flag.

RR2 isn't original either, but since the Rockies were the first team to use it, you can say we started the tradition.  The YS chant ruined the song though.

Regardless, I haven't met you.

The problem is that I've been a victim of having words been put into my mouth far too many times.  Devsman84 keeps accusing me of playing both sides which is false.  I still have yet to find anybody show me where I said we were gonna make the playoffs, which is why I got annoyed at people calling me blindly optimistic.  Devils Pride 26 thought I was comparing 2012 team to this years team.

When people insult me on things I never said, you're damn right I'm gonna defend myself.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#77 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Man I hate when new(ish) posters get ganged up on here - I love when the community continues to grow and new people join to post their thoughts.  I like to think we're a generally friendly community, and I hope any lurkers watching this whole situation with Mike unfold aren't frightened off.  So long as posters, old or new, are genuine I don't think anyone here will jump at you.

But Mike.. you're driving us all crazy man.  Especially when you hop from point point and then use semantics to defend yourself.

About the playoffs, since you brought it up - that entire thread, you were steadfast in your claims that it would be foolish to sell, citing the current standings or other 'statistics' to prove your point that the playoffs were very much so in reach and that the Devils would make it no matter how improbable.  But now you're apparently claiming you don't think they'll make it to the playoffs..so which is it?  Why be so adamantly against selling off certain players we've discussed if you don't think they'll make the playoffs anyway?  I (and others, apparently) don't get your logic - are you arguing just to argue?  Playing advocate just for the sake of doing so?

It's just a frustrating cycle - maybe we're misunderstanding you but it sure seems like you're talking in circles at times.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 17 February 2014 - 02:21 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#78 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Man I hate when new(ish) posters get ganged up on here - I love when the community continues to grow and new people join to post their thoughts.  I like to think we're a generally friendly community, and I hope any lurkers watching this whole situation with Mike unfold aren't frightened off.  So long as posters, old or new, are genuine I don't think anyone here will jump at you.

But Mike.. you're driving us all crazy man.  Especially when you hop from point point and then use semantics to defend yourself.

About the playoffs, since you brought it up - that entire thread, you were steadfast in your claims that it would be foolish to sell, citing the current standings or other 'statistics' to prove your point that the playoffs were very much so in reach and that the Devils would make it no matter how improbable.  But now you're apparently claiming you don't think they'll make it to the playoffs..so which is it?  Why be so adamantly against selling off certain players we've discussed if you don't think they'll make the playoffs anyway?  I (and others, apparently) don't get your logic - are you arguing just to argue?  Playing advocate just for the sake of doing so?

It's just a frustrating cycle - maybe we're misunderstanding you but it sure seems like you're talking in circles at times.

My entire point the entire time is that we're 3 points out.  You don't sell when you're 3 points out in February.  Period.  End of story.

Whether or not we think we will be in the playoffs is irrelevant.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#79 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,903 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

+1000000.  He is in a constant devils advocate coma and it's really just driving me crazy.  I know some posters like to be fence sitters, but this is extreme.  It's like he pretty much does it just so that he can never be proven wrong about anything as he can claim he took that side. 

This paragraph was just what I was going to point out to him when he said my 2nd point is false and I have never proven it.

I like most new posters and have defended many in the past, but this is just too much.

#80 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

2 is completely false.  You keep saying this, but never have proven it.

i think it goes back to the goal song thread when you said you caught yourself chanting "you suck"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users