• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,864 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

ATLANTIC CITY - Playing the right point on an Albany Devils' power play the other night, Adam Larsson wristed a shot that missed the net, banged off the end boards and caromed all the way to the neutral zone on the left-wing side.

It looked like a Hershey Bears penalty killer had a clear shot at racing forward to pick up the puck and speed in for a breakaway … but then, seemingly out of nowhere, Larsson was right there with his stick extended to retrieve the puck just in the nick of time.

This was a saved scoring opportunity not many defenseman at any level can pull off, but Larsson's speed, skill, size and ability to read plays allowed him to make it look easy.

http://www.nj.com/de..._elsewhere.html

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

If he isn't back up the minute the olympic break ends, Lou needs to be committed.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Miller has been a breath of fresh air to the Devils beat.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#4 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

feel sorry for Larssen and blame Lou.

fvck Lou he is a wate

#5 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:22 PM

Anxious to get Lars back in NJ. Permanently. 

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#6 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

Yikes, a whole lot of frustration in Larsson's words, but he navigates the interview well. 

Kowalsky comes off very reasonable. He says in so many words that Larsson doesn't belong in Albany and helps shine light that Lou's really messing this up (not DeBoer, but Lou). Lou does not have this logjam-on-D situation figured out, AT ALL, and every 2-3 weeks, one young player or another ends up being the victim.

Edited by DJ Eco, 17 February 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#7 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

The title is a little misleading- it reads like he's frustrated that the devils have him in the ahl, when in fact he flat out states that he isn't frustrated at the organization but at the untimely injury.

Anyway, Larsson isn't going to have to wait too much longer. I'd be surprised if he isn't up very soon, and after this season he won't have to worry about being sent down again. Hopefully his time down there makes him hungrier here.

#8 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Larssons speed? Are we talking about the same Larsson here??

Devils.

#9 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Bring him up or trade him. No reason to have him in Albany at this point. Commit or cut ties.

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

The title is a little misleading- it reads like he's frustrated that the devils have him in the ahl, when in fact he flat out states that he isn't frustrated at the organization but at the untimely injury.

Anyway, Larsson isn't going to have to wait too much longer. I'd be surprised if he isn't up very soon, and after this season he won't have to worry about being sent down again. Hopefully his time down there makes him hungrier here.

I was just going to mention that. Not to mention that the article says he spoke with Oduya who said that the Devils as an organization were very good for his development.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,159 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Miller has been a breath of fresh air to the Devils beat.

Amen. Really like TG, he's incredibly thorough and much better than Chere imo.

But Randy seems to address some of the fans' interests for a change, asks some tougher questions.

It's nice to have them both.

Re: Larsson.. Writings on the wall here imo. He needs to be up here after the break. If he's not you might as well trade him if you're going to play awful vets instead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#12 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Larssons speed? Are we talking about the same Larsson here??

Exactly! This is a joke. Larsson needs to stay down there and learn.  He should've put his time in the last 2 seasons.

#13 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Exactly! This is a joke. Larsson needs to stay down there and learn.  He should've put his time in the last 2 seasons.

Stay down there and learn what? To get faster??

Judging from Kowalsky's words, I'd say general consensus (outside of Lou's office) is that he's outgrown Albany as far as maturity goes. Just needs some NHL playing time, it's that simple really.

#14 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

Cool to learn a bit more about Larsson -- the perfectionist aspect for example -- I kind of get the feeling with him he just needs to find the right mentor or teamate to bring the best of him and help him reach that next level. 

Kowalski will get a coaching/assistant job in the NHL at some point in the near future.

Posted Image

#15 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Cool to learn a bit more about Larsson -- the perfectionist aspect for example -- I kind of get the feeling with him he just needs to find the right mentor or teamate to bring the best of him and help him reach that next level.

Kowalski will get a coaching/assistant job in the NHL at some point in the near future.

He had a fantastic mentor in Larry Robinson... Too bad Larry's family lives in California.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#16 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,861 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Bring him up or trade him. No reason to have him in Albany at this point. Commit or cut ties.

i agree doing nothing but wasting time letting him sit down there if were not going to use him then lets dump him for something that can benefit us im sure he can get us something descent in return
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#17 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Pretty funny when the Albany coach basically says he's too good for that league

#18 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,373 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

He is still a young 21 years old, players 2 months younger than him would just be in their first pro season. I still believe Larsson has the ability to be elite, the reins have to come off so he can join the rush and make mistakes. The rewards will outweigh the mistakes.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#19 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Jeez people are impatient around here. He's 21 and playing great in the AHL. It's much better to have him playing the Olympic break in Albany then sitting around Newark. He'll be up after the deadline either way. 

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#20 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Msweet but what do you think? Or are you not sure? I'm interested in your input either way. I'm interested in devils (minor and major) but just not engaged and I like to read your opinions whether I agree or it. I fear we agree though: btsom. :evil: at this very second I'm sort of flummoxed by everyone and everything devils. They're here so I don't miss them. I just feel unclear I guess.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 18 February 2014 - 12:09 AM.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users