56 replies to this topic

#21 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Bernier has been horrible. He needs to be let go.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#22 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

That's my list for now. BTW this list is why we will miss the playoffs for the second season in a row or be blown out in round one again.

This. We are definitely going to miss the playoffs, or be out in the first round....or lose in the second round...or make it to the conference finals again....Or lose in the Stanley cup. But definitely not win the Stanley cup...Unless of course we actually do. But yeah. It's definitely going to be one of those scenarios. I promise.

Devils.

#23 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

C'mon, we won't make the playoffs. 

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#24 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

Re-Sign Jagr.

Re-Sign Carter.

Let Bernier go.

Let Gionta go.

Trade Loktionov.

Amnesty buyout Salvador.

Let Zidlicky go.

Re-sign Fayne

Regular buyout Harrold.

Sign a big name UFA forward.

http://capgeek.com/u.../?position_id=F

Edited by Mike Brown, 20 February 2014 - 09:19 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#25 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

Re-Sign Jagr.
Re-Sign Carter.
Let Bernier go.
Let Gionta go.
Trade Loktionov.
Amnesty buyout Salvador.
Let Zidlicky go.
Re-sign Fayne
Regular buyout Harrold.
Sign a big name UFA forward.

http://capgeek.com/u.../?position_id=F

we can't use the amnesty on Salvador (I don't believe at least) and why trade loktionov if the absolute best you'll get back is a 5th?

#26 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

we can't use the amnesty on Salvador (I don't believe at least) and why trade loktionov if the absolute best you'll get back is a 5th?

Why can't we amnesty Salvador?

I like Loktionov, but where are we gonna use him next year?  He's best suited as a 2nd line center with skilled players as his wingers.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#27 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Why can't we amnesty Salvador?

I like Loktionov, but where are we gonna use him next year? He's best suited as a 2nd line center with skilled players as his wingers.

sorry my bad I forgot the deadline date for compliance was September 2012 I thought it was July, so yes he makes the cut. But either way Lou won't do it.

I don't think well get anything for loktionov if he was worth a fifth 2 years prior and hasn't been able to crack our lineup...

#28 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

No sense trading Lokti - he's essentially worthless to other teams at this point.  

I see him going to the KHL anyway after this contract is up.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#29 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

sorry my bad I forgot the deadline date for compliance was September 2012 I thought it was July, so yes he makes the cut. But either way Lou won't do it.

I don't think well get anything for loktionov if he was worth a fifth 2 years prior and hasn't been able to crack our lineup...

They gave teams 2 years I think to amnesty players.

Even a 5th is enough for Lokti.  Kid's got skill, and has shown the ability to be good when given skilled wingers.

Edited by Mike Brown, 20 February 2014 - 11:55 AM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#30 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

They gave teams 2 years I think to amnesty players.

Even a 5th is enough for Lokti. Kid's got skill, and has shown the ability to be good when given skilled wingers.

yeah I know my question was when sal was signed. Any contract after September 2012 is not eligible. Sal was July so he can be amnestied but I wasn't sure.

#31 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

Even a 5th is enough for Lokti.  Kid's got skill, and has shown the ability to be good when given skilled wingers.

Why on earth would you want to trade Lokti, who's proven he can play, for a 5th round pick, which is a longshot at best?  How would that possibly help the team?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#32 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:34 PM

Why on earth would you want to trade Lokti, who's proven he can play, for a 5th round pick, which is a longshot at best?  How would that possibly help the team?

Well I don't "want" to, but I just don't see how he fits on this team.  I'd be fine with keeping him.  He's an RFA at the end of the season, so chances are he's gone anyways.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#33 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

definently need to make some different changes around here.. im sure gionta will not be going anywhere.. id like to re sign jagr and carter also lokti is useless as well as bernier they can both hit the high road
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#34 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

definently need to make some different changes around here.. im sure gionta will not be going anywhere.. id like to re sign jagr and carter also lokti is useless as well as bernier they can both hit the high road

most of the changes proposed so far in this thread are switching out fourth liners... Will that really make a difference between an 85 point team and a 100 point team?

#35 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I would buy out Volchenkov,  the Devils have one amnesty buyouts left

I would let Zidlicky walk away, he was a good player for us this year but I think Gelinas will be able to take over his spot. 

Those two moves should help us with the defenseman log jam that we have,

My next move would be to go after Stastny,  I know its going to cost the Devils some major money to sign him but i think its worth it

Next I try to sign Moulson. 

Next I sign Schneider to a long term deal again its going to cost us some money but he is worth it

Depending on how much cap space i have left I would re sign Jagr

#36 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Signing Statsny then Moulson? Its wishful thinking, the money for both would be out of this world. Kiss Schneider goodbye if that happens.

I would buy out Volchenkov, the Devils have one amnesty buyouts left

I would let Zidlicky walk away, he was a good player for us this year but I think Gelinas will be able to take over his spot.

Those two moves should help us with the defenseman log jam that we have,

My next move would be to go after Stastny, I know its going to cost the Devils some major money to sign him but i think its worth it

Next I try to sign Moulson.

Next I sign Schneider to a long term deal again its going to cost us some money but he is worth it

Depending on how much cap space i have left I would re sign Jagr

#37 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Signing Statsny then Moulson? Its wishful thinking, the money for both would be out of this world. Kiss Schneider goodbye if that happens.

The Cap is going up to $71M next year.  It might even go up higher than that the following season.  It's too soon to try and predict how the cap will affect any Schneider re-signing.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#38 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I get that. I'm talking this off season. Adding Statsny, then Moulson and extending Schneider will be difficult. Those two scorers will command $5 mill aand upwards most apt. Can't see us getting both.quote name="Mike Brown" post="1246718" timestamp="1392941059"]

The Cap is going up to $71M next year. It might even go up higher than that the following season. It's too soon to try and predict how the cap will affect any Schneider re-signing.[/quote]

#39 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

The Devils have 25 million dollars to work with next year that if the cap does not got up.  If the Devils do buy out Volchenkov thats another 4.2 million free

#40 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I'd kill for Statsny. He seems like a leader and all around great. Moulson seems more one sided. I don't watch Moulson much so if I'm wrong sorry, we need the speed they both bring. And thanks Solar, didn't know how much cap we had, that's a nice number there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users