Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Pretty good stuff from Talking Red

http://talkingred.co...h-randy-miller/

Interesting perspective on DeBoer and the younger players.  Used to be the Flyers beat writer and talked about how Laviollette -- who people here have mentioned as a possible DeBoer replacment -- was particularly tough on younger players. 

Glad to see that it looks like he might be slowly taking over the reins for Chere, who really just seems to be in the business of click bait these days.  (I'll let his talking about "Czechoslovakia's" chances in the Olympics slide).

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Says he has a ton of pieces on the players in Albany.

He wrote about Matteau today.

What Kowalski sees game after game are signs that Matteau, a 6-2, 220 pound left wing who will turn 20 on Feb. 23, looks like he's on his way to becoming an NHL power forward who will be an impact player.

Asked what he's seen this season from Matteau, who has nine goals, 19 points, 2 fights and 52 penalty minutes in 43 games, his coach went on and on showering compliments.

"Size, speed, strength and then certainly there's a skill level. It's just putting it all together and keeping it together. When he's on his game down here, he dominates. I use the term man amongst boys, and the funny thing is he's only 19 years old. But when he's moving and skating the way he can, he's tough to contain down here. He hasn't maybe scored as much as we thought he would, but he's certainly had chances and he can shoot the puck. It'll be interesting to see how that translates. Moving forward to the NHL, I'm not sure if he's a top 6 guy, but I certainly believe he can be an impact on the third line."

http://www.nj.com/de...s_good_kid.html

Edited by devilsrule33, 19 February 2014 - 12:45 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

Says he has a ton of pieces on the players in Albany.

He wrote about Matteau today.

http://www.nj.com/de...s_good_kid.html

Evidently he'll have a piece on Merrill that might shed some light on what his suspensions were about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Evidently he'll have a piece on Merrill that might shed some light on what his suspensions were about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oohh this I'm interested in seeing.  I'll bet it's something completely minor - a failing class grade, missing a meeting, etc.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Boucher was done today, this writer is a beaut regardless of spelling mistakes.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 19 February 2014 - 03:03 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#6 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,531 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Boucher was done today, this writer is a beaut regardless of spelling mistakes.

TG has issues with typos as well.

Posted Image

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

TG has issues with typos as well.

TG's typos tend to come in hastily written pieces.  I understand all journalism is kinda hastily written these days, but they are unfortunate.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#8 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Miller does cite Єklund (2.3% accurate) as an actual source though. :lol:
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#9 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

He can cite the CAA janitor as a source as long as he continues to ask the right questions and gather information on our prospects. He is going to destroy Chere and TG at rookie and training camp. Miller has me intrigued waiting for his next article.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac, 19 February 2014 - 07:04 PM.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#10 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,884 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

I like that Miller has asked some tough questions re: the fans' biggest concerns of the players and coaches too. He's doing a great job so far.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#11 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

I was always under the impression that TG and chere didn't delve too deep in order to stay in Lou's good graces...maybe I'm reading too much into it but i wonder if miller will find it harder to get info out of Lou or if this signals a change in Lou's philosophy- or the organizations even.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users