158 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Personally not sure how reputable The4period And Nick kyper are. But MSl wanting a trade as well doesn't seem so sure at any point.

That's not the same thing as saying he no longer wants to be traded.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#42 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,897 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Both Kypreos and the 4th period are not reputable sources.  St. Louis is an elite player signed to an awesome contract, the only smoke is that Brooks is reporting that they did talk, but talk is cheap.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#43 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

He has no reason to be, to really say anymore that he still wants to is nothing but a guess.

Boomer's taking a couple hits, he's not even sure anymore or the players involved now. Stirring the pot, looking bush league as an insider doing all this. Watch Nada happen. St Louis stays, no reason to leave, RC to the west.

That's not the same thing as saying he no longer wants to be traded.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 23 February 2014 - 11:24 PM.

#44 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

He has no reason to be, to really say anymore that he still wants to is nothing but a guess.

Boomer's taking a couple hits, he's not even sure anymore or the players involved now. Stirring the pot, looking bush league as an insider doing all this. Watch Nada happen. St Louis stays, no reason to leave, RC to the west.

It's a guess to say he's changed his mind too.  It's still very possible he's still upset about it.  Not to mention he got no playing time.

Both Kypreos and the 4th period are not reputable sources.  St. Louis is an elite player signed to an awesome contract, the only smoke is that Brooks is reporting that they did talk, but talk is cheap.

Kypreos absolutely is a reputable source.  Not saying he's right, but the dude has his own legit sources.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#45 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

The only thing Kypreos is good for is getting knocked the f@ckout by Ryan Vandenbussche

tv-on-the-radio.jpg

#46 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

He's almost never right or late to the punch. If he's wrong then his source's aren't legit.

It's a guess to say he's changed his mind too. It's still very possible he's still upset about it. Not to mention he got no playing time.

Kypreos absolutely is a reputable source. Not saying he's right, but the dude has his own legit sources.

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,681 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

Kypreos had Clarkson being disgruntled and wanting a trade in 2012, among other things he's screwed the pooch on.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:22 AM

I gurantee nada happens, Boom isn't even 100% on his own word. Says a lot.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 24 February 2014 - 02:13 AM.

#49 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Cally for Marty is an XBox/ Drunken Rag fan call to WFAN trade proposal.. never happen.

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#50 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Could very well be that negociations (as reported) were not going anywhere so rangers are looking at a swap that could get them a guy right away for the playoff and avoid losing callahan for nothing in the summer since they couldnt agree on a contract.

Also it doesnt mean that if nothing happen that the reporter is full of sh!t, looooooots of legit deals are simply not going throught or a side is pulling the plug last minute.

Edited by SterioDesign, 24 February 2014 - 07:14 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#51 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,897 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

Could very well be that negociations (as reported) were not going anywhere so rangers are looking at a swap that could get them a guy right away for the playoff and avoid losing callahan for nothing in the summer since they couldnt agree on a contract.

Also it doesnt mean that if nothing happen that the reporter is full of sh!t, looooooots of legit deals are simply not going throught or a side is pulling the plug last minute.

Jesus christ you are thick.  Does Martin St. Louis for Ryan Callahan make sense on any level for Tampa Bay?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#52 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Jesus christ you are thick.  Does Martin St. Louis for Ryan Callahan make sense on any level for Tampa Bay?

who says it had to be straight up? other players, picks or wtv could be part of it too. "if" reports are true you have a guy who wants out and another one that both sides can't reach an agreement.

How many trades went down that we're not making sense in cases like this? Lots of stuff going behind closed doors that we dont know sometimes.

Do i think there's a better deal out there for Tampa or the Rangrs? Yes i could see that. But on both sides getting "something" near equal values is still better than having a captain who's heart is not there anymore who asked for a trade or a guy who's gonna walk in a few months.

Edited by SterioDesign, 24 February 2014 - 10:19 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#53 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Play nice children

#54 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

I absolutely believe there is or was smoke here, especially with a Callahan trade. Whether or not Msl was involved could just be guesswork, but Boomer definitely has sources with the rags, he had the Klein deal and Richards signing first.

The only thing I take out of this is that they are now shopping Callahan hard. I think it's ~75% he gets moved.

#55 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Am I the only one who would want callahan? He is a devils type player if you ask me. He currently plays for the blueskirts so he's a bit disgusting right now to us, but I never really had a problem with him, he plays extremley hard always shows up...ect all the makings of a player you'd want on your team.  

Obviously we don't have anything they want for him, but if he becomes a FA next year I wouldn't mind signing him if we could. Could fill a bit of the role left wide open by parise when he fvcking screwed us over.

Edited by Sneax, 24 February 2014 - 11:35 AM.

#56 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Am I the only one who would want callahan? He is a devils type player if you ask me. He currently plays for the blueskirts so he's a bit disgusting right now to us, but I never really had a problem with him, he plays extremley hard always shows up...ect all the makings of a player you'd want on your team.

Obviously we don't have anything they want for him, but if he becomes a FA next year I wouldn't mind signing him if we could. Could fill a bit of the role left wide open by parise when he fvcking screwed us over.

Callahan is a rw so signing him probably means we didn't sign jagr...it wouldn't be terrible but honestly if your going to spend 6 million for at least 5 years for Callahan (I think that's his reported demands) I'd rather save that money and go after a younger more dynamic/top line player like stastny. Really I doubt we get either but if we're gonna spend id rather spend to fill a need, which callahan really doesn't since we have plenty of 2nd line guys.

#57 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

This is silly. If Tampa traded St. Louis for Callahan they would be insane. St. Louis is an elite scorer at under 6 million per year, and he has another year on his contract. Callahan is a solid two-way forward that is a UFA in July (and his next contract is guaranteed to be an encumbrance on just about any team that signs him). Throw in a first round pick and maybe Tampa considers...but why they would downgrade themselves like that is beyond me. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#58 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,127 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

so absolutely nobody feel like pointing out that Callahan is 10 years younger than St-Louis?

www.SterioDesign.com

#59 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,146 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

MSL is on a great contract, and probably has a few years left in the tank.

Cally's going to want stupid money..this trade makes no sense.  None at all.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#60 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

http://newyork.cbslo...is-straight-up/

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users