61 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

http://www.nj.com/de...r_practice.html

NEWARK -- The Devils' four Olympians rejoined the team for practice Monday and defenseman Eric Gelinas was also on the ice after being recalled from Albany (AHL).

Brodeur answered: “Um, that’s a good question. I’m not 100 percent sure what’s going to happen. Definitely it has been a transition year with having Cory Schneider as a Devil now. He’s been playing tremendously this year. So we’ll see what the general manager wants to do and what I want to do.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

Chere, you are such a joke.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

Can someone tell Chere that this story is not going to win him a Pulitzer.

EDIT:  Well, I guess to be fair, Chere was reporting what Marty said in a radio interview. 

Edited by Daniel, 24 February 2014 - 11:57 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#4 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yay Gelly!!!!!!!!

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,154 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

Where's Larsson?  Hm?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Where's Larsson?  Hm?

In Albany

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#7 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Can someone tell Chere that this story is not going to win him a Pulitzer.

EDIT:  Well, I guess to be fair, Chere was reporting what Marty said in a radio interview. 

Isn't that worse. Either Brodeur asked him not to keep bringing it up daily or Chere didn't want to bug him again, so to get a good headline and continue with the "Brodeur Trade Watch", he just transcribes the same answer Brodeur tells him everyday from a radio interview.

Edited by devilsrule33, 24 February 2014 - 01:47 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#8 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

There is a story out that the Devils, Lou Lams, asked Marty to waive his "no movement clause or no trade clause" last Wednesday.

Sorry no printable source.

#9 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

There is a story out that the Devils, Lou Lams, asked Marty to waive his "no movement clause or no trade clause" last Wednesday.

Sorry no printable source.

lol what? How could you post this without including the source? Not sayings it's false but where did you hear it?

#10 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Paging LD....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#11 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

54 days Marty, and you're a free man !

#12 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

I'm all for trading him for a young scorer that makes the devils instantly and dramatically better.  Only problem with that is, who would give up a young scorer for him?  Only problem is I don't see any team giving up a young scorer for Marty.  

Devils should not pay the price for him not knowing when to say when. 

#13 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Its not worth it. It will piss off fans, it will mean he probably doesn't retire as a Devil unless they do one of those stupid one day contracts at the end, and they will not get anything of worth in return. 

If there is a team stupid enough to give up a decent player, different story. But I don't see it happening. 

#14 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

talks of kinkaid being traded
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#15 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

Everyone doubts, but maybe Marty can drum up some interest on the trade market.  He played considerably well two springs ago when the Devils went to the SCF.  He is a playoff goaltender, and maybe teams that need that leadership and that experience in goal will be willing to pay the price for Marty's last hurrah?

I could see a team the likes of Edmonton shipping Hemsky for Brodeur. I can also see Carolina trading for Marty, especially since Cam Ward has been injury plagued...how about Tampa too, who needs a good backstop for Bishop?

Lot's of interesting things out there...

If the Devils can get a 1st rounder for Marty, I would do it...

#16 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Everyone doubts, but maybe Marty can drum up some interest on the trade market.  He played considerably well two springs ago when the Devils went to the SCF.  He is a playoff goaltender, and maybe teams that need that leadership and that experience in goal will be willing to pay the price for Marty's last hurrah?

I could see a team the likes of Edmonton shipping Hemsky for Brodeur. I can also see Carolina trading for Marty, especially since Cam Ward has been injury plagued...how about Tampa too, who needs a good backstop for Bishop?

Lot's of interesting things out there...

If the Devils can get a 1st rounder for Marty, I would do it...

Not sure why Marty would wave to go to Edmonton unless he's that desperate for playing time.  Carolina has Kudobin so they are all set. 

I can't see anyone giving up more than a 5th for him.  At that point I don't think it's worth it unless Marty asked to be moved.    

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,009 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Are you referring to that opinion piece someone put out suggesting that?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#18 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

If they could get a first rounder I wouldn't even hesitate to think about it.

#19 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

I can also see Carolina trading for Marty

Great, send Khudobin this way. I'm sure that'd work.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#20 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Voices in your head or is there a legit source you can cite?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users