61 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Kinkaid is going to be a solid goalie.  But if we lock up Schneider, he has no place on this team.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#22 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

Kinkaid is going to be a solid goalie.

I sure as hell hope so. If not, we'll be sending another first rounder out in a few years.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#23 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

talks of kinkaid being traded

Purely speculative piece.

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,371 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Kinkaid is going to be a solid goalie.  But if we lock up Schneider, he has no place on this team.

You have no idea what Kinkaid is going to be at the NHL level, but I guess it's damned near impossible for you to go more than 15 minutes without posting SOMETHING.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#25 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

You have no idea what Kinkaid is going to be at the NHL level, but I guess it's damned near impossible for you to go more than 15 minutes without posting SOMETHING.

WTF?  I actually have watched Kinkaid a lot.  I happen to think the dude is gonna be good.  Others have that opinion as well.  Goalies are very difficult to predict, and you don't have to remind me.  

But your post is completely unnecessary.  When I get called out unnecessarily, I react accordingly.

Edited by Mike Brown, 24 February 2014 - 09:02 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#26 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Voices in your head or is there a legit source you can cite?

.. if it happens you heard it here first ;) dont call me crazy too quickly..just remember i said it
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#27 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

.. if it happens you heard it here first ;) dont call me crazy too quickly..just remember i said it

I personally would wait to trade him until Schneider is re-upped.  I do believe Kinkaid has the tools to be a solid goalie in the league.  Preferably, Schneider gets extended, but Kinkain as a contingency plan isn't bad either.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#28 montec24

montec24

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

Link to the article that speculates that Kinkaid may be the goalie traded from New Jersey. http://thehockeywrit...ur-will-traded/

Not really familiar with The Hockey Writers or author Leo Scaglione. I find it interesting but I take it as a writer's speculation piece as opposed to anything concrete. Kinkaid has been solid in Albany this season so his performance may give Lou the option to include him on a deal. Who knows though.

Edited by montec24, 24 February 2014 - 09:52 PM.

#29 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Link to the article that speculates that Kinkaid may be the goalie traded from New Jersey. http://thehockeywrit...ur-will-traded/

Not really familiar with The Hockey Writers or author Leo Scaglione. I find it interesting but I take it as a writer's speculation piece as opposed to anything concrete. Kinkaid has been solid in Albany this season so his performance may give Lou the option to include him on a deal. Who knows though.

It's actually not a bad theory. Although, they're kind of selling Schneider a little short, in that he's an elite goalie, which you can't really count on any goalie prospect to be. But still, it certainly makes a lot more sense for Kinkaid to be part of a package deal than any team wanting Marty as a rental.

This site though, as I recall, is fairly second rate. They did a preseason review of the Devils either this year or last year where Kowalsky was described as the Devils (NJ) head coach. I also seem to recall when evaluating the system they left out a major prospect, could have been Merrill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,562 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

There's absolutely no sense in dealing Kinkaid - who is really going to go nuts for him?  He's a 3 year AHL goalie with average at best numbers who was signed as an undrafted free agent.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#31 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

These blogs are no more credible than the forum here. It is just pure speculation. There is a gluton of goaltending available and why anyone thinks Kinkaid is someone that can deliver a top 6 forward is delusional, even if included with our spare parts.

#32 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,447 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Why is Larsson still in Albany, My faith in LL is really strained right now, he has ha more than eniough time to make moves to get all 3 rooks in the NHL, Larsson in Albany is a waste of talent and a waste of time.

Might be time for LL to step aside, the game might have passed him by...

Edited by redruM, 26 February 2014 - 12:04 PM.

Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#33 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

Why is Larsson still in Albany, My faith in LL is really strained right now, he has ha more than eniough time to make moves to get all 3 rooks in the NHL, Larsson in Albany is a waste of talent and a waste of time.

Might be time for LL to step aside, the game might have out grown him...

I'd rather have Larsson up here than Gelinas.

#34 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

Might be time for LL to step aside, the game might have passed him by...

For all we know, Lou has already sat Larrson down to explain the situation, and has been trying to move a defenseman for the past three months.

It's easy to blame Lou for the results (or lack thereof), but we have literally no clue what's going on behind the scenes.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 26 February 2014 - 01:28 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#35 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

For all we know, Lou has already sat Larrson down to explain the situation, and has been trying to move a defenseman for the past three months.

It's easy to blame Lou for what the results (or lack thereof), but we have literally no clue what's going on behind the scenes.

This. There may not be much market for Volch, Fayne, Zidlicky, etc until the deadline when teams are forced to make a decision. The idea that Lou is sitting around twiddling his thumbs is ridiculous. A lot of people were accusing him of that when the Kovy trade came out of nowhere. I'm not saying I expect anything like that, but I'm saying he isn't the most predictable guy.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#36 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,060 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

All I know is its time for one of these other fvcktard teams to take one of our sh!tbag d-men like Sal or Harrold (Volch to a lesser extent, because he's actually been serviceable this year). I don't care if they even give us anything back, just take one of them. I'll take a roll of tape and a skate sharpener, just get one of these wastes of space off the roster already.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#37 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I think a lot of people are just wondering why Gelinas and Merrill are getting lot's of ice time in NJ while Larsson stays in the AHL. Not that I don't think they've been great for what they bring, just kind of curious as to why Larsson stays down.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 26 February 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#38 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

All I know is its time for one of these other fvcktard teams to take one of our sh!tbag d-men like Sal or Harrold (Volch to a lesser extent, because he's actually been serviceable this year). I don't care if they even give us anything back, just take one of them. I'll take a roll of tape and a skate sharpener, just get one of these wastes of space off the roster already.

lou dropped the ball here, he could have stipulated that on kovy's release, the KHL , on order of Putin himself, would recall volchenkov to the homeland.  oh well, now we have to make sal disappear......

#39 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Gelinas provides an offense Larsson doesn't.

I'd say Merrill took Larsson's job and hasn't played badly enough to give it back.

Also, Larsson's assignment to the AHL didn't start well IIRC, so they could be just keeping their for an extended stay. Hopefully he'll be up soon.

#40 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

I'd rather have Larsson up here than Gelinas.

I think both need to be up here.  Larsson is probably our best passing defenseman on the team.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users