1333 replies to this topic

#201 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

This God damn NHL app is sending out pointless random notifications - something about the Hawks and some T-shirts, and now about Sara McLaughlin?  Every time I see a notification I'm thinking it's a trade.

Seriously, who's running this app?  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#202 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

I don't know what to think. You gotta give up something to get something. I think my problem is I want a new Parise or a Kovalchuk, A-list star - and for that I am willing to give up a ton of stuff. If we had a lot of assets, I'd say sure let's throw something for Cammeleri he's the missing piece. I'm just not even sure Cammeleri is going to help considerably down the line.

I'm conflicted.

Down the line meaning next year?  I mean, I'm penciling in Reid Boucher into Cammalleri's spot - they're similar types of players and Cammalleri is going to demand at least a 2 year deal.  

The assets NJ has are mostly too big for a Cammalleri deal.  You don't give up players in this kind of deal anymore, it isn't 2000.  You give up picks because picks have more uncertainty than NHL prospects and teams need their prospects.  Matteau for Cammalleri would be a galling overpay.  Now if NJ got back Calgary's 2nd round pick in 2015 and added another prospect (Scarlett, e.g.), then maybe you have something, but I doubt Calgary does that.

The other thing I'd like for NJ to do is poke around in some of these young guys who can't get a shot with their current team - Jeremy Morin, Brett Connolly, and there's a couple others who are becoming waiver-eligible next year who don't look like they'll have a spot on that team. 

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#203 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,335 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

I'm not that high on Cammalleri so if the Devils do get him I hope it's not for too much. I'd honestly be fine if Lou didn't make any moves.

Devils already don't have their first-rounder, not sure I'd want to give up what looks to be roughly a mid-second for a rental that doesn't look like a strong bet to really help.  Not thrilled about moving next year's second either, but I'm a little more open to that I guess. 

This draft doesn't seem that great from what I've been reading all year but it's worth noting that if the Devils move their 2nd round pick, then they'd only have a 3rd, 5th, and two 6th's.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#204 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

I'm not that high on Cammalleri so if the Devils do get him I hope it's not for too much. I'd honestly be fine if Lou didn't make any moves.

This draft doesn't seem that great from what I've been reading all year but it's worth noting that if the Devils move their 2nd round pick, then they'd only have a 3rd, 5th, and two 6th's.

That's a little scary, re: the picks.  Yeah, I'm in the same boat, just not terribly high on Cammalleri.  I definitely understand GMs rolling the dice on occasion, but this just feels like a gamble that wouldn't pay off that much.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#205 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

I'm not that high on Cammalleri so if the Devils do get him I hope it's not for too much. I'd honestly be fine if Lou didn't make any moves.

yeah I don't see how cammalleri is a significant improvement on what we have, and it would only be for 20 games. Honestly I really don't think that's the guy conte was there for (maybe he was just in the area and wanted to catch a game?)

But with draft picks- wouldn't you say it's usually easy to put together a package on draft day to move up if theres someone sitting there in the 2nd round that Lou feels is a steal? I'm not looking to move any picks but it's not like they can't be recouped through offseason deals...

#206 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

plus Cammalleri has a claus that he can list a few teams that he wouldnt go to, hopefully were on that list

www.SterioDesign.com

#207 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

6 years, $5.5 per for Girardi staying with Rangers.

Looks Like Mr.Girardi wont be traded.

Edited by Devs3cups, 28 February 2014 - 04:50 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#208 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Not a bad deal for the rangers- I doubt he's worth that in 4 years but it helps them cap wise now. Hopefully this drives up prices on nhl defensemen so Lou can maybe sell one of ours off...

#209 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

on camm, he also had some injuries that affect his stats.

is there a source or link for all of this hate?

"hes not that good" wth

edit and lol @ the 29th pick for #13

i can see fayne as an even trade.

Edited by lazer, 28 February 2014 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

#210 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Huh, guess that means Callahan might actually be traded.

Rangers can't afford both contracts can they?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#211 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Huh, guess that means Callahan might actually be traded.

Rangers can't afford both contracts can they?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Consensus is saying they can't.  But you never know.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#212 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Down the line meaning next year?  I mean, I'm penciling in Reid Boucher into Cammalleri's spot - they're similar types of players and Cammalleri is going to demand at least a 2 year deal.  

The assets NJ has are mostly too big for a Cammalleri deal.  You don't give up players in this kind of deal anymore, it isn't 2000.  You give up picks because picks have more uncertainty than NHL prospects and teams need their prospects.  Matteau for Cammalleri would be a galling overpay.  Now if NJ got back Calgary's 2nd round pick in 2015 and added another prospect (Scarlett, e.g.), then maybe you have something, but I doubt Calgary does that.

The other thing I'd like for NJ to do is poke around in some of these young guys who can't get a shot with their current team - Jeremy Morin, Brett Connolly, and there's a couple others who are becoming waiver-eligible next year who don't look like they'll have a spot on that team. 

Tri,

Do you have any sort of hope for Matteau?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#213 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Tri,

Do you have any sort of hope for Matteau?

What do you mean by this?  I don't 'have hope' - Matteau's going to be an NHL player, or at least it's going to take a lot for him not to be.  He may only end up being a 4th liner but he should have a long NHL career.  He skates well, he can play physical, he's not an idiot with the puck, and he's doing reasonably well in his first pro season given that he is one of the youngest players in the AHL.  The names DeBoer mentioned in conjunction with him - Malone, Hartnell - I think it's unlikely he gets there, but he's got a lot of the right attributes.

As for the Girardi deal, it's not bad on money but 6 more years of an already declining Girardi is bad news for the Rangers.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#214 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

I would've overpaid for Callahan over overpaying Girardi, ANY DAY of the week.

#215 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

"@jprutherford: Ryan Miller is a late scratch tonight. It's believed that a deal is imminent and STL is the likely destination."

"Sabres have scratched Steve Ott as well"

"@TSNBobMcKenzie: Not saying this is it, but one scenario that has definitely been discussed: 3-way trade involving BUF, STL and OTT. A # of variations."

"@TSNBobMcKenzie STL would get Miller, OTT would get Chris Stewart, BUF would get prospects from OTT. If Ott (the player) included to STL, 1st rder to BUF."

"@TSNBobMcKenzie That scenario I laid out is speculative but has been discussed this week by the teams."

Edited by DJ Eco, 28 February 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#216 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

"@LavoieRenaud Jaroslav Halak traded to Sabres for Ryan Miller"

#217 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

@StLouisBlues BREAKING: The Blues have acquired Miller & Ott from Buffalo for Halak, Stewart, Carrier & two picks. INFO >>> http://bit.ly/1fPaGKk

#218 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,902 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

@StLouisBlues BREAKING: The Blues have acquired Miller & Ott from Buffalo for Halak, Stewart, Carrier & two picks. INFO >>> http://bit.ly/1fPaGKk

That seems like a very good haul for Buffalo depending on what the picks are.

Picks are a first next year and a third in 2016. Great trade for Buffalo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel, 28 February 2014 - 07:08 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#219 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

Buffalo has itself one hell of a new GM in Tim Murray. I imagine he will flip Stewart quickly.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#220 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Buffalo has itself one hell of a new GM in Tim Murray. I imagine he will flip Stewart quickly.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in NJ to replace Ryder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users