Holy crap, halak out for miller. And Stewart. St Louis gets a solid #1

#222 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Good trade for both I think. Blues fill their need with the best goalie available and don't lose any of their big time prospects. Sabers add picks and can maybe flip Stewart for even more futures.

#223 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

St Louis wants the cup!

#224 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

St Louis looking VERY good right now

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#225 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

McKenzie, said buffalo might try to trade Halak to Minnesota and Stewart to Ottawa.

Apparently Minnesota is interested in Marty to.
I'd post the link, but I have no clue how to post a tweet on here or at all.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 28 February 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#226 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

I think St Louis got the better deal.

#227 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

McKenzie, said buffalo might try to trade Halak to Minnesota and Stewart to Ottawa.

Apparently Minnesota is interested in Marty to.
I'd post the link, but I have no clue how to post a tweet on here or at all.

Just copy and paste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#228 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

@ToddCordell's Tweet: https://twitter.com/...559949148901376

Just copy and paste.

#229 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Cordell doesn't know anything we don't know.  Still hard to find Brodeur a home.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#230 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Buffalo is really doing everything it can to win the Connor McDavid sweepstakes.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#231 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Seems their doing what the Sixer's are doing right now, stacking up on picks like there's no tomorrow. Forget this season, look ahead in three or four years. They could be really good.

Edited by CarterforPresident, 28 February 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#232 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Seems their doing what the Sixer's are doing right now, stacking up on picks like there's no tomorrow. Forget this season, look ahead in three or four years. They could be really good.

It works more easily in the NBA. How's that strategy worked out in Edmonton? Unless you end up with 2 of the 5 best players in the league like Pittsburgh, it's dicey 

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#233 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,796 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

It works more easily in the NBA. How's that strategy worked out in Edmonton? Unless you end up with 2 of the 5 best players in the league like Pittsburgh, it's dicey

It's maybe a 50/50 proposition. Worked for the Kings and the Hawks. And Edmonton could very well turn the corner at anytime.

Buffalo seems to be doing a good job of it. They have the foundation of a solid defense in place. A good goalie in Enroth. Some good forward prospects and a heavy volume of picks coming up. And they're set up pretty well for the McDavid sweepstakes. If that comes through, the Sabers will be a Cup team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#234 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,761 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

It's maybe a 50/50 proposition. Worked for the Kings and the Hawks. And Edmonton could very well turn the corner at anytime.

Buffalo seems to be doing a good job of it. They have the foundation of a solid defense in place. A good goalie in Enroth. Some good forward prospects and a heavy volume of picks coming up. And they're set up pretty well for the McDavid sweepstakes. If that comes through, the Sabers will be a Cup team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Islanders, Panthers, Panthers again, Thrashers - it's not really a 50/50 proposition.  The Sabres should flip some of these 2015 picks for actual players at the 2015 draft, if they can.  If they hold on to all these picks I will have to doubt their success.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#235 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, I think they should be holding on to some of their established guys, too. Down the road, I bet they'll have a decent core of young players: Enroth, Zadorov, Ristolainen, Grigs, Girgs, possibly Armia, and whoever else they draft this year. But even if most of those guys turn out, it's going to be a long while before they can make anything happen.

But, I could be wrong. If they can flip Halak and Stewart, and see if Moulson will bring them another first, maybe a two year rebuild can change things. As Daniel said, if Buffalo gets lucky enough to get the first overall pick in 2015, McDavid looks like a guy you can build a franchise around.

#236 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:57 AM

You gotta give to get but that's a lot for Miller/Ott. I don't really get Ott over Stewart but maybe it's a dollars thing.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#237 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

I have a bad feeling we're going to wind up with Erat.

#238 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

From what I read last night, that 3rd round pick in 2016 is actually a conditional 2014 1st round pick going Buffalo's way if they reach the Conference Finals or re-signs Miller....

Halak, Stewart, a potential 1st in 2014, 1st in 2015 if St. Louis reaches the Conference Finals or re-signs Miller

for

Ryan Miller and Steve Ott

Ok yeah, gross overpayment when you step back and look at all the pieces involved; but will be worth it if St. Louis gets a Cup, which they look like favorites, in my opinion, to do so.

Edited by DJ Eco, 01 March 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#239 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

From what I read last night, that 3rd round pick in 2016 is actually a conditional 2014 1st round pick going Buffalo's way if they reach the Conference Finals or re-signs Miller....

Halak, Stewart, a potential 1st in 2014, 1st in 2015 if St. Louis reaches the Conference Finals or re-signs Miller

for

Ok yeah, gross overpayment when you step back and look at all the pieces involved; but will be worth it if St. Louis gets a Cup, which they look like favorites, in my opinion, to do so.

Yep. Tim Murray's gooooood.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#240 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

for

i disagree that it's overpayment. Buffalo got a good return but I don't think St. Louis gave up anything that will hurt them. Halak has no value to the blues now, Stewart has played like an average 3rd line and fell out of favor with them, and everything else is pieces that would only contribute at the nhl level 3 years down the line at least.like I said its a good trade for both, even if it turns into 2 firsts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users