#321 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:13 PM

That's dumb.

Have Brodeur come back later this month and rob two important points away. We'll see then.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 02 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#322 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

Have Brodeur come back later this month and rob two important points away. We'll see then.

So you're assuming A. Marty will play that game and B. Marty will win that game

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#323 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

So you're assuming A. Marty will play that game and B. Marty will win that game

You're assuming he won't? 

You can't tell me honestly, if he's a member of the Wild, that he isn't playing that game. Come on....don't be thick. Winning the game is hypothetical, but don't sit there and tell me this doesn't set up with variables.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 02 March 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#324 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Is Marty really getting traded?

gag.gif
25smul5.png

#325 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

My point is it reminds me of people said anywhere but Minny for Parise (which to me made little sense). Why would Minny be a problem? I am sure you wouldn't be happy with any situation, but one where he gets to see his kids all the time is the especially?

Cause personally for myself I would like to see Marty do well on whatever he desires. I personally won't root for Minnesota cause I refuse to root for Parises team.

Again this is my personal view and of course I don't want Marty to go anywhere but again this is what I want. I've stated that several times.

No matter what happens Martys legacy won't be tarnished to me though.

#326 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

I think Marty really wants to hit 700.

Based on what?  When has he ever said that this was of major importance? 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#327 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Based on what?  When has he ever said that this was of major importance? 

What he means is "700 games is what I see as important."

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#328 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Lol. First off, you do realize that, aside from the one game we play against Minny, any game that Minnesota wins can ONLY help the Devils? Secondly, I think you are the ONLY person in the world who even thought of this. Thirdly, why would we be afraid that Marty could steal points from us? The whole point in letting him go is because we don't see his skill as that valuable anymore. I am not even entirely sure why I responded to this, it's silly, but hey, the ridiculousness caught my attention.

#329 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

All people on this board Ido is talk about how bad Marty is. Now everyone thinks if he plays against the Devils he will win?

Must be all different people posting in this thread.

#330 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,865 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

All people on this board Ido is talk about how bad Marty is. Now everyone thinks if he plays against the Devils he will win?

Marty has been terrible this year, I have no interest in him playing anything resembling starting role ever again.

Doesn't mean I won't be sad to see the most important player in this franchise's history get traded.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#331 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Lol. First off, you do realize that, aside from the one game we play against Minny, any game that Minnesota wins can ONLY help the Devils? Secondly, I think you are the ONLY person in the world who even thought of this. Thirdly, why would we be afraid that Marty could steal points from us? The whole point in letting him go is because we don't see his skill as that valuable anymore. I am not even entirely sure why I responded to this, it's silly, but hey, the ridiculousness caught my attention.

Usually i ignore you, as i've seen enough of your posts, but are you serious with this? 

I'd love to see your reaction if Brodeur beats the Devils later this month and damages their playoff hopes. Trust me, i'll be the first one looking for you.

Edited by TheRedStorm, 02 March 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#332 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

Red Storm is the only one I see showing concern about that scenario.  Big difference from "everyone". 

Anyway, if the Devils were ever that worried about Brodeur playing against them in one game and beating them, if they're that mentally fragile, then they've got serious issues.  If anything they'd actually have a nice advantage...they've only been practicing against him forever. 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#333 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Red Storm is the only one I see showing concern about that scenario.  Big difference from "everyone". 

Anyway, if the Devils were ever that worried about Brodeur playing against them in one game and beating them, if they're that mentally fragile, then they've got serious issues.  If anything they'd actually have a nice advantage...they've only been practicing against him forever. 

You don't think Brodeur knows the Devils and has a nice advantage against them, either?

It's about Brodeur getting a chance to come back, beat you AND damage your playoff hopes. The Devils are going to need that game. If he all of a sudden turns into vintage Brodeur for that night out of, maybe, spite and circumstance? Some of you are acting like this couldn't happen. 

If the Devils miss the playoffs, it'll be due to other factors overall. With the way this season has gone, if you don't think there's a possibility of Brodeur being the one to hammer the nail in....then let's talk afterward if/when this happens. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 02 March 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#334 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

Usually i ignore you, as i've seen enough of your posts, but are you serious with this? 

I'd love to see your reaction if Brodeur beats the Devils later this month and damages their playoff hopes. Trust me, i'll be the first one looking for you.

Lol. I love it.

#335 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Lol. I love it.

I knew you would. You know that this is all hypothetical, for Christ Sake, right? To see you get your pants in a bunch over an opinion/concern about a situation and something that might not happen at all is ridiculous in of itself. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 02 March 2014 - 04:28 PM.

#336 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

You don't think Brodeur knows the Devils and has a nice advantage against them, either?

It's about Brodeur getting a chance to come back, beat you AND damage your playoff hopes. This isn't like Eddie Giacomin coming back. The Devils are going to need that game. If he all of a sudden turns into vintage Brodeur for one night out of, maybe, spite and circumstance? Some of you are acting like this couldn't happen.

If the Devils miss the playoffs, it'll be due to other factors overall. With the way this season has gone, if you don't think there's a possibility of Brodeur being the one to hammer the nail in....then let's talk afterward if/when this happens. 

You're missing the tone of my post...I was telling mfitz that it's only one person is really expressing concern about one specific scenario that he is now attributing to "everyone".  It wasn't knocking you.

I'll worry about it if it actually comes to pass.  The one thing we know about Marty is that he's been inconsistent as hell the past two seasons.  I think he's just as likely to get lit up as he is to have a big game against the Devils.  At any rate, the Devils would be pretty mentally soft if they're afraid of 2014 Marty. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 02 March 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#337 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

You're missing the tone of my post...I was telling mfitz that it's only one person is really expressing concern about one specific scenario that he is now attributing to "everyone".  It wasn't knocking you.

I'll worry about it if it actually comes to pass.  The one thing we know about Marty is that he's been inconsistent as hell the past two seasons.  I think he's just as likely to get lit up as he is to have a big game against the Devils.  At any rate, the Devils would be pretty mentally soft if they're afraid of 2014 Marty. 

Ok, gotcha no problem...attention got diverted from the game haha.

#338 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

I knew you would. You know, this is all hypothetical. To see people get their pants in a bunch over an opinion/concern about something that might not happen at all is ridiculous in of itself.

See, what's funny is that IF the Devils do trade Marty to Minnesota and all your hopes and dreams come true and the Devils lose to Minnesota, you would STILL not be right. One game is never the reason you don't trade someone, and one player is never the reason you lose a game. Nor is there any way to predict whether Marty will either play well against us or poorly. For that reason alone your point is invalid. Additionally, we play 15 different teams over the rest of the year, by your logic, Marty can't go to any one of them. 

Edited by Neb00rs, 02 March 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#339 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

See, what's funny is that IF the Devils do trade Marty to Minnesota and all your hopes and dreams come true and the Devils lose to Minnesota, you would STILL not be right. One game is never the reason you don't trade someone, and one player is never the reason you lose a game. Nor is there anyway to predict whether Marty will either play well against us or poorly. For that reason alone your point is invalid. Additionally, we play 15 different teams over the rest of the year, by your logic, Marty can't go to any one of them. 

My hopes and dreams? Don't be a schmuck.

We don't agree and leave it at that (if you can). But, you can bet, we'll come right back to this if the stars line up. 

#340 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

My hopes and dreams? Don't be a schmuck.

We don't agree and leave it at that (if you can). But, you can bet, we'll come right back to this if the stars line up. 

Don't turn around now and act like you didn't start the nastiness.

Additionally, your point was silly and deserves the flak it gets.

Edited by Neb00rs, 02 March 2014 - 05:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users