1333 replies to this topic

#381 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:58 AM

I just want Lou to do something one way or the other because I'm sick of the speculation already.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#382 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Devils have an off day today. No press around the room today. So.....

Devils have a practice at noon today so I guess will find out if Brodeur is still here at that time.

#383 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:04 AM

@tshold is Taylor Shold, Associate Producer of the NHL Network.. Not saying this is legit but also just pointing out this isn't just a random idiot

He is AN associate producer AT the NHL Network (we don't know which program or what kind of responsibility; these TV biz job titles are always inflated and misleading)...

He looks young, has a website with a bunch of his portfolio stuff (assuming he's looking for a job), and only 1000 or so followers. I wouldn't give him too much credence...

Edited by DJ Eco, 03 March 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#384 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

All signs point to him being traded. I always thought Brodeur was being a little petulant but it would never really get to this point.

It's Brodeurs career. It's his life. He has the right to pursue whatever he wants for however long he wants for whatever salary they're willing to pay him. But it is a little sad when you're the last person in the room who doesn't know that it's over. 

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#385 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

It's Brodeurs career. It's his life. He has the right to pursue whatever he wants for however long he wants for whatever salary they're willing to pay him. But it is a little sad when you're the last person in the room who doesn't know that it's over. 

Well, that's what he wants to find out.  That is, I think he gets that if he didn't get traded, he'll play maybe 3 to 5 games the rest of the year, or it could be even less than that.  Lou probably told him the Devils probably won't re-sign him for next year, so he just wants to see if he can get a shot with another team to prove to himself and other teams that he still has something left in the tank.  Yeah, if you look at save percentage, it tells you that he shouldn't be that deluded.  But if another team is willing to trade for him, it doesn't matter what statistics tell you. 

At the same time, he's probably doing the Devils a favor in that it would be getting something in return.  Unlike Mats Sundin who wouldn't go to another team for a few months for a bad Toronto team to get something of value.

I really don't see how this is all that controversial. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#386 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

TG tweeted players wearing the A were Elias Clowe and Zajac. Andy Greene lost the A or maybe on the move !?!

#387 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

TG tweeted players wearing the A were Elias Clowe and Zajac. Andy Greene lost the A or maybe on the move !?!

Weren't Greene and Zajac rotating home and away?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#388 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

That was for yesterday's game.  I don't think it means anything.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#389 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Weren't Greene and Zajac rotating home and away?

yes

#390 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

Got ya. Phew.

#391 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I cant see Greene going anywhere at all.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#392 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,123 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

All signs point to him being traded. I always thought Brodeur was being a little petulant but it would never really get to this point.

That's funny. The Devils entire organization has been pumping his tires ad nauseam all year. I think Tri said it best that the players and coaching staff basically lie through their teeth every night, and he can't do the same for anyone else just once (or even come to terms with the truth of the situation).

I thought about compiling a list of comment after comment from players, coaches, and mangement BSing about how well Brodeur and Schneider have played. The thing is one goalie has been a top 5 goalie, and the other has been a bottom 3 goalie.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#393 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,120 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

That's funny. The Devils entire organization has been pumping his tires ad nauseam all year. I think Tri said it best that the players and coaching staff basically lie through their teeth every night, and he can't do the same for anyone else just once (or even come to terms with the truth of the situation).

I thought about compiling a list of comment after comment from players, coaches, and mangement BSing about how well Brodeur and Schneider have played. The thing is one goalie has been a top 5 goalie, and the other has been a bottom 3 goalie.

No, he can't. That's just the ego that comes with the records he's compiled. He may seem like a happy go lucky french canadian dude but beneath that is a fierce competitor...and unfortunately somebody who still believes everybody needs to kiss his ring. It's not unusual to see this sort of stuff. Look at the falling out the Messier had with the Rangers just because they wouldn't hand over the head coaching job to him on a silver platter this past summer. A job that he was not the least bit qualified for. So he took his ball and went home. Marty is essentially doing the same thing here, only "home" to Minnesota.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#394 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

@tshold: Martin Brodeur might be on the move out of New Jersey. His gear is no longer in the Devils locker room. #Devils #TradeCentre

Well, looks like we can call this guy another fake insider.

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 26s

Martin Brodeur on ice with Loktionov, Josefson and Harrold.

Posted Image

#395 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Well, looks like we can call this guy another fake insider.

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 26s

Martin Brodeur on ice with Loktionov, Josefson and Harrold.

Yeah. That's that.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#396 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

fvcking.  Twitter.

Most useless innovation ever.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#397 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

fvcking.  Twitter.

Most useless innovation ever.

That's the spirit, blame something that's not to blame at all.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#398 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,341 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

That's the spirit, blame something that's not to blame at all.

Twitter doesn't tweet false info. People tweet false info. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#399 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,770 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Well, that's what he wants to find out.  That is, I think he gets that if he didn't get traded, he'll play maybe 3 to 5 games the rest of the year, or it could be even less than that.  Lou probably told him the Devils probably won't re-sign him for next year, so he just wants to see if he can get a shot with another team to prove to himself and other teams that he still has something left in the tank.  Yeah, if you look at save percentage, it tells you that he shouldn't be that deluded.  But if another team is willing to trade for him, it doesn't matter what statistics tell you. 

At the same time, he's probably doing the Devils a favor in that it would be getting something in return.  Unlike Mats Sundin who wouldn't go to another team for a few months for a bad Toronto team to get something of value.

I really don't see how this is all that controversial. 

I doubt Lou would've told him that, because I doubt that's true.  I think Lou and the organization would love to have him around to play 20 games next year, but they recognize that he doesn't want to play 20 games, so he's exploring other options.  

As for insiders, we can have this debate a million times, but it's quite simple:  only believe people who have a reputation for being reliable.  Sometimes the unreliable will be correct (ZGF's claim that Jagr was touring the Pru Center, e.g.), but most of the time it won't be.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#400 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

I can see Andy Greene wearing the C once Salvador's contract expires. I don't think Lou would ever trade that guy.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 03 March 2014 - 12:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users