#421 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

so Brodeur is starting tomorrow per TG

If it's his last home game, then fine I can accept it. Otherwise we shouldn't be pissing points away like this. Detroit is better than the Islanders

time will tell

Edited by '7', 03 March 2014 - 12:38 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#422 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Except it's not a back to back. Back to backs are games two straight days. This is a home and home.

yes thats what I meant.  and i do know the wings have a game thursday

#423 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

If Marty looks great tomorrow and we get the W....no chance we go back to him Thursday?!?

I think with #30 playing Tuesday that its highly likely that #35 plays Friday. 

Maybe if #30 puts up a shutout then he'd get the call again on Friday, due to his history of playing well after a shutout.  then #35 gets the Saturday game.

but I think its Marty vs Wings, Cory vs Wings, then if #30 was good he may get the 'Canes game on Saturday

#424 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

BTW, EDM signed Scrivens today

#425 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Writing's on the wall, guys. He's going to Minnesota.

Both GMs are doing the right thing and giving Marty his last goodbye... I'll be there tomorrow.

#426 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Writing's on the wall, guys. He's going to Minnesota.

Both GMs are doing the right thing and giving Marty his last goodbye... I'll be there tomorrow.

What are you basing this upon?  How can you be so sure?

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#427 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Marty doesn't need showcasing, that's a poor justification.

If this is his last send-off game, great.  It's still lessening the team's chances at two very important points.  I don't like it.

Agree bad decision. Schneider had a bad game as did the team so bench Schneider? It's not back to back and with Detroit with two games in hand we must win both against them. IMO this is Marty stirring the pot.  As for a send off game would they announce that to have the place filled with fans. I am getting tired of this Marty situation he should have kept his mouth shut and finished the contract.

#428 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

What are you basing this upon?  How can you be so sure?

Absolutely nothing, it's just my gut. My gut's telling me that this decision is not just because Schneider had one lackluster game...

As for a send off game would they announce that to have the place filled with fans. I am getting tired of this Marty situation he should have kept his mouth shut and finished the contract.

Don't see why they would? Detroit's a big draw anyway and announcing something like that before the game would be a crazier distraction than anything else. Writing's on the wall and I can't help but think tomorrow's game is gonna be rammed to capacity.

Edited by DJ Eco, 03 March 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#429 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Clearly the Devils are:

1. Giving him his proper sendoff at home

2. Showcasing him to interested GMs

It all makes PERFECT sense if you ask me.

Why would we have to "showcase" Marty lol the guy has been in the league for like 75 years and there's tapes and videos of each games. Not as if he's a young prospects or something.

www.SterioDesign.com

#430 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Why would we have to "showcase" Marty lol the guy has been in the league for like 75 years and there's tapes and videos of each games. Not as if he's a young prospects or something.

Showcase his current level of play

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#431 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

It's going to be very strange if Marty gets a big sendoff...only for him to end up staying.

Going to be a weird night tomorrow, unless Lou or Marty come out definitely and say that nothing is up and that he's going nowhere.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#432 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Tomorrow night is going to be strange.

#433 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,810 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:10 PM

Absolutely nothing, it's just my gut. My gut's telling me that this decision is not just because Schneider had one lackluster game...

Don't see why they would? Detroit's a big draw anyway and announcing something like that before the game would be a crazier distraction than anything else. Writing's on the wall and I can't help but think tomorrow's game is gonna be rammed to capacity.

i don't even know if the Pru Center has standing room only areas...but if they do tomorrow is the time where they can actually use them

#434 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

well... if Lou was considering trading him... i assume he wouldnt take the chance to get him injured the day before the trade deadline? just a thought

ww1c3s.gif

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#435 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

If one game of this Marty Brodeur makes a difference for you, Mr GM of whatever NHL team, then you are terrible and should be fired.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#436 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

he played 2 days ago

www.SterioDesign.com

#437 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:36 PM

Moulson wasn't at his morning skate. He should be on the move shortly. Please come to nj

#438 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Moulson wasn't at his morning skate. He should be on the move shortly. Please come to nj

Murray claims that he hasn't been dealt, with Buffalo this year though you can never be sure, it's an absolute fire sale this year
25smul5.png

#439 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:41 PM

Murray claims that he hasn't been dealt, with Buffalo this year though you can never be sure, it's an absolute fire sale this year

There's no way he's not gettting traded really, they'd be dumb passing over the return they could get, and not as if they are still playing for something

www.SterioDesign.com

#440 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,711 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

could marty go to sabres? 

if traded that is

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic