1333 replies to this topic

#581 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

What exactly has occured today to make you feel this way?

Just a feeling.  Just a feeling.  Lou is getting old.  We got two rich guys, who know jack about hockey, pulling the purse strings.  Marty getting old.  Patty getting old.  And your best player has one foot in the elder care center of Belleville.  Can't be too promising.

#582 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

More to his point, none of that happened overnight. That's been the story since the start of the season.

#583 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Columbus may be looking to unload Gaborik, but I can't see them trading him to a team that is neck and neck with them in the standings.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#584 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Looking at all the talks with upcoming UFAs that will make it or break it if they are traded or not. I absolutely can't believe why i get rip when im saying that Lou should not refuse to at least talk during the season/before the deadline with "some" players. It's simply common sense.

www.SterioDesign.com

#585 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Looking at all the talks with upcoming UFAs that will make it or break it if they are traded or not. I absolutely can't believe why i get rip when im saying that Lou should not refuse to at least talk during the season/before the deadline with "some" players. It's simply common sense.

Because you bring it up constantly every time someone gets signed or almost gets signed.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#586 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

Columbus may be looking to unload Gaborik, but I can't see them trading him to a team that is neck and neck with them in the standings.

Huh, you know that didn't even occur to me.  Still haven't mentally adjusted to the new divisions I guess.  So that almost completely eliminates us from the Gaborik sweepstakes, assuming Lou won't trade within the division.

Womp womp.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#587 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

Washington got an upgrade, albeit a small one. Wonder if this pushes Lou to do something

#588 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,524 posts

Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday 41s

#Isles have traded Andrew MacDonald to the Flyers. More to come.

Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday 31s

#Isles get 2014 3rd rounder and a 2015 2nd rounder for MacDonald from the Flyers.

Edited by Daniel, 04 March 2014 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#589 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Cammelleri is the type of garbage Lou would pick up.

#590 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:00 PM

I hate Gaborik, he is soft and will never succeed inthe east
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#591 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday 41s

#Isles have traded Andrew MacDonald to the Flyers. More to come.

Arthur Staple @StapeNewsday 31s

#Isles get 2014 3rd rounder and a 2015 2nd rounder for MacDonald from the Flyers.

As long as Wang and Snow are calling the shots at the Nassau Mauseleum, we don't have to worry about them.  I would take Grabner or Okposo off their hands though...

#592 losdiablos103

losdiablos103

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Mr. Universe was signed by Minny.. hmmmm

Posted Image Posted Image

#593 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Well if MacDonald is worth a 2nd and 3rd, Zid's worth at least that much.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#594 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

They originally wanted a first for him am I right?

Well if MacDonald is worth a 2nd and 3rd, Zid's worth at least that much.

#595 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Good pickup for the Flyers, I think... No bueno....

Edited by DJ Eco, 04 March 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#596 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

Because you bring it up constantly every time someone gets signed or almost gets signed.

yeah well if you bring up something and that people call you crazy for even thinking that way. And then that you see it happening everywhere, wouldnt you point it out too? well fvck yeah. 

Im not the one in denial of a common situation just cause i want to "protect" my GM's actions

Edited by SterioDesign, 04 March 2014 - 04:06 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#597 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

yeah well if you bring up something and that people call you crazy for even thinking that way. And then that you see it happening everywhere, wouldnt you point it out too? well fvck yeah. 

Im not the one in denial of a common situation just cause i want to "protect" my GM's actions

It's not protecting his actions. It's understanding his actions.

#598 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

It's not protecting his actions. It's understanding his actions.

Deciding for absolutely no reason other than "its a distraction" to refuse to talk contract during the season no matter what the situation is, is not the right thing to do. Plain and simple.

www.SterioDesign.com

#599 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Deciding for absolutely no reason other than "its a distraction" to refuse to talk contract during the season no matter what the situation is, is not the right thing to do. Plain and simple.

Maybe that's just what he tells TG and others to keep the heat off his players while he actually performs contract negotiations.  Look at the circus the Callahan contract has become over in NY.. you think that's not a distraction to the players and organization?

Point is:  Neither you nor I actually knows what goes on behind closed doors. 

believe-ll.jpg

#600 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,651 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Cool. But it's the way he's very successfully run a team for 25 years. People have pointed out countless times that your broad stroke ideas of 'talking to people' makes no sense when your goal is to put your best team on the ice for a playoff run. What David Clarkson says about a contract in January means nothing if you want him on the team in April.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users