1326 replies to this topic

#721 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,086 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

still not sure it's 100% legit but really. With ALLL the quotes Marty fed the medias for the last few months it absolutely make sense. 

Still really pissing me off that he bent the team over to give him the outdoor game and the detroit game eventhough he was OBVIOUSLY not the right choice and yet he's acting like a princess (again if thats a legit report)

Edited by SterioDesign, 05 March 2014 - 09:02 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#722 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

still not sure it's 100% legit but really. With ALLL the quotes Marty fed the medias for the last few months it absolutely make sense. 

Still really pissing me off that he bent the team over to give him the outdoor game and the detroit game eventhough he was OBVIOUSLY not the right choice and yet he's acting like a princess (again if thats a legit report)

I think the team willingly gave him the Outdoor game

He may have strongarmed them for the Detroit game though...but at least we won

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#723 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

Pierre LeBrun

Just chatted with Martin Brodeur. He's ok with whatever Lou Lamoriello decides today. But ready for a new challenge if that comes...

Brodeur wants to play next season. A new challenge elsewhere with a chance to play more will help gauge him in that decision...

This is the type of stuff that annoys people re: Brodeurs quotes

Just chatted with Martin Brodeur. He's ok with whatever Lou Lamoriello decides today.

Great. Leave it at that

But ready for a new challenge if that comes...

"But IF I get traded"

"Should I get dealt"

"If the opportunity presents itself"

Brodeur just can't help himself to be this honest. Honest to the point where Devils fans feel miffed that their franchise goalie wants to leave them over something so petty. Where he can go somewhere and literally get about 2-3 more starts there then he would get here. Clearly this will sway opinions around the league regarding signing him in 2014-15

Brodeur is honest about everything except his ability to play goal in the NHL

Edited by '7', 05 March 2014 - 09:16 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#724 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,783 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Brodeur is honest about everything except his ability to play goal in the NHL

Ooooh snap.  That's a good one.

(No sarcasm intended)

Edited by Devilsfan118, 05 March 2014 - 09:19 AM.

hxMQPDl.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 8-5

#725 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,490 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:20 AM

re: marty and next year, listening to postgame with sherry and matt, they said pretty assuredly that while marty wants to play next year, it wouldn't be with the devils. i mean, that really means nothing but just interesting to hear it from them.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#726 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,358 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:21 AM

Rather than all this talk about us losing a player who is essentially our backup goaltender (Albeit one who is a legend of the game and our franchise) it would be nice to see the Devils mentioned persuing some options to make the team better at forward.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#727 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Rather than all this talk about us losing a player who is essentially our backup goaltender (Albeit one who is a legend of the game and our franchise) it would be nice to see the Devils mentioned persuing some options to make the team better at forward.

I like this. Everyone is focused on the Marty thing, and maybe Lou pulls something else out of nowhere.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#728 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,772 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Maybe Marty needs to go somewhere else to be reminded how good he had it here. No other team is going to give him legacy games.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#729 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Ding Ding!  agree 100%  lets make a deal lou!

#730 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

if this actually happens, I hope Lou makes a package out of it with Volchenkov or something

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#731 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

I like this. Everyone is focused on the Marty thing, and maybe Lou pulls something else out of nowhere.

Could definitely see this. Marty may be the media's focus, but there is no chance it is Lou's.

"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#732 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,772 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:32 AM

More like the Marty thing distracts us from Lou leaving Larsson in the AHL the rest of the year and makes us feel better about claiming Gomez as our big addition.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#733 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

per Kypreos 

#Devils will try and move Brodeur. He told his GM last nite he wants out. Lou told him not great market but he'd try his best to do it.

I can't imagine a scenario in which Kypreos gets that sort of insider information. Really, Kypreos, you somehow know that Lou told Brodeur in some closed office last night that it's not a great market out there???

Edited by DJ Eco, 05 March 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#734 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,803 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Just remember, Brodeur has given a list of 8 teams he wants to go too. I imagine they are good teams. He says he doesn't need to be a starter but wants to play more. So Brodeur needs a situation where he gets in more than 30/63 games (his current games started to Devils games played) on a good team?

You can only laugh.

Maybe Marty needs to go somewhere else to be reminded how good he had it here. No other team is going to give him legacy games.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#735 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,772 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:36 AM

Ooooh snap. That's a good one.

(No sarcasm intended)

While 7 can be a bit over the too with Marty at times that one liner is sadly true.

#736 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Then it'll have to be next year.  No one wants him.  You can basically tell by the fact that there has been zero mention of him drawing any interest from any other team besides Minnesota, and that ship has sailed.  Just go look at the fairly reliable twitter sources.  They seem to pick up on the smallest of chatter and even preliminary discussions between teams.  I have yet to read a tweet from any of them that Brodeur is on any other team's radar.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#737 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 24,772 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

I can't imagine a scenario in which Kypreos gets that sort of insider information. Really, Kypreos, you somehow know that Lou told Brodeur in some closed office last night that it's not a great market out there???

Clearly Marty is leaking like crazy, trying to pressure Lou into a trade.

#738 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

gotta feel like marty's list is half "play more on a good team" and half "okay here's my shot at a 4th cup." i just cant see seven or eight teams willing to give this guy legitimate playing time. it's not like his last few starts have been a highlight reel of what he can do - last night he was fine enough but damn did it look like he had no idea where the puck was 85% of the time. i love marty but he's delusional if he thinks he has a good stretch left in him. i hate the circus this is creating. just give us our crappy defenseman acquisition and scott gomez and let's be done with this deadline.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#739 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

What is the over/under on amount of posts in this thread by tonight?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#740 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

Im not a big stats/numbers guy (especially with Marty still able to win games) but how can he not realize hes just a backup now? Hes making a mistake by wanting to be traded. Just come back next year as back up, get 700 wins and ride off into the sunset...

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users