#61 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

It'd be a waste. Msl is done soon.

As the biggest Gelinas fanboy here, I'd drive Eric to the airport myself, and even pack his things for him if it meant we could get MSL.

#62 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

It'd be a waste. Msl is done soon.

He's still a PPG player.  There's no reason to expect that he won't give you the same value through the end of his deal.  So if the idea is that the team has more young defenseman than it knows what to do with, that even with at least one anchor like Salvador the defense is among the best in the league, you have an elite goaltender, you need scoring in the worst way, he's close to his home in Connecticut, it makes sense, at least on the surface.

And I'll always go back to what I remember hearing a while ago that TB really like Andy Greene. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#63 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Greene for msl is not even funny. No way. Maybe, just maybe a young dude, preferably Larsson or Eric.

#64 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

Larsson for MSL?! I'd like to have what you're smoking.

oKCiNj.jpg

#65 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

We said young gun? Our defense have been great without him, and he's withering away in the ahl and he has the most value. Msl I dont want period cause he'll be done in two years, but if it came to say, EKane for Adam, hell yeah.

#66 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,486 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I wouldn't give up Greene. He'll be the DeFacto leader of that D Corps when Zid, Volch and Sal are gone

#67 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

I wouldn't give up Greene. He'll be the DeFacto leader of that D Corps when Zid, Volch and Sal are gone

It's not like you'd be giving him away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#68 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

@LavoieRenaud: Avant match du CH à 18:30 @TVASports blessure de Price + nouvelles CH, de Kesler, des NYR, entrevue avec équipe canada femme. #premiertrio

Can someone translate this?

Posted Image

#69 Devlin

Devlin

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

@LavoieRenaud: Avant match du CH à 18:30 @TVASports blessure de Price + nouvelles CH, de Kesler, des NYR, entrevue avec équipe canada femme. #premiertrio

Can someone translate this?

Preview CH @ 18:30 injury TVASports Price + new CH, Kesler, NYR of interview with Team Canada Women

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

#70 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Here's a question. If the rumors are true that St. Louis has asked for a trade, would you deal Larsson for him? Do you think TB would agree to something like that?

Larsson? Not a chance. Not for a year and a half of MSL.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#71 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

@DarrenDreger: Teams may continue to call TBay on St Louis, but, as of now, Lightning are telling teams St Louis is locked on the New York Rangers. #tsn

Posted Image

#72 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,066 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

I was gonna post Larsson for St. Louis - I'd definitely be tempted.  Re-up Jagr, go for it all next year with Jagr and St. Louis.  You only have 4 more years of Larsson.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#73 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

@DarrenDreger: Teams may continue to call TBay on St Louis, but, as of now, Lightning are telling teams St Louis is locked on the New York Rangers. #tsn

Too bad, MSL has always been a favorite of mine. I'll have to hate his guts if he dons the blue.

#74 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Daniel, on 26 Feb 2014 - 7:16 PM, said:

lol so not only does he want out because his GM didn't pick him for the Olympics but now he's putting the organization in a vice just so he can get on a worse team and play with his buddy Richards.  I didn't think MSL had Brett Favre's ego.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#75 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

lol so not only does he want out because his GM didn't pick him for the Olympics but now he's putting the organization in a vice just so he can get on a worse team and play with his buddy Richards. I didn't think MSL had Brett Favre's ego.

They'd be a very good team with him. I hope it doesn't happen.

Posted Image

#76 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:25 PM

lol so not only does he want out because his GM didn't pick him for the Olympics but now he's putting the organization in a vice just so he can get on a worse team and play with his buddy Richards. I didn't think MSL had Brett Favre's ego.

Neither did I, he's certainly acting like a bitch. Its one thing to ask for a trade, its another to say 'I'll only go to one team'.

#77 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,008 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

@LouisJean_TVA: Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice.

Posted Image

#78 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

@LouisJean_TVA: Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice.

Vancouver has lost 7 in a row.  They need a shakeup badly.

Kesler should be a guy the Devils puruse.  We are terrible at face-offs, and he's a good face-off guy.  He's on a great contract as well.  However, they don't need defensemen, and all we have is defensemen.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#79 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

kesler = zajac but not as durable and way more miles on him.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#80 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Watching the TSN feed of the Montreal-Detroit game and they said Winnipeg is looking to add a depth defenseman. I'm gassing up the car for that Salvador road trip... He's even from Manitoba, so everybody wins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users