1333 replies to this topic

#821 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

So Washington, Philly, NYR made moves to get better. I think Lou really has to do something here

He's working the phones to get that 4th rounder for Marty

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#822 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

Did conacher get claimed by buffalo ?

#823 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

He's been their captain for a few years.  And Nash will fill in quite well in that role.

Callahan is a grittier, tough to play against player. Nash is good but he's a different type of player. Who knows what goes on in the Rangers locker room. I guess we'll just have to see how things play out.

Posted Image

#824 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

did Tampa not shop him anywhere else? I have a hard time believing they couldn't get a .50 PPG pending UFA and two draft picks for him from nearly every other team. I have a hard time believing he'd only go to NYR unless that came out and I missed it

Edited by DH26, 05 March 2014 - 11:36 AM.

Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#825 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

I will say though, it appears as if the Rangers make the ECF, that 2nd this year turns into another 1st. So it's possible if the Rangers win two rounds this becomes a 1st in 2014 and 2015 for MSL

#826 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,920 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

did Tampa not shop him anywhere else? I have a hard time believing they couldn't get a .50 PPG pending UFA and two draft picks for him from nearly every other team

He only wanted to go to one team.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#827 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,584 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

he didnt want to go anywhere else. this was the deal that was going to be made. stevie y doesnt trade st louis unless marty demands out. thats how you see two captains in the playoff hunt swap sides.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#828 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

did Tampa not shop him anywhere else? I have a hard time believing they couldn't get a .50 PPG pending UFA and two draft picks for him from nearly every other team

St Louis had a NMC. Maybe he only wanted to go to NY?

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#829 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

If Tampa is smart they are looking to unload Callahan now.   He is made of papermache and will increasingly show diminishing returns.

Its a pretty big IF.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#830 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

So Washington, Philly, NYR made moves to get better. I think Lou really has to do something here

With all the garbage Sather gets for being "him" and pro-active, he's fleeced his share of teams, too. 

Lamoriello also does not have the organizational assets. You have to give to get and you have to have to get. The Rangers roster was set up for this type of impact deal. But it also shows that you can be a Cup contender/playoff team AND trade a upcoming FA and get better.

#831 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

If Tampa is smart they are looking to unload Callahan now.   He is made of papermache and will increasingly show diminishing returns.

Its a pretty big IF.

Well I guess the thinking is that the 1st and 2nd offset the difference in player between Callahan and St. Louis while still allowing the Lightning to try and win this year

#832 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

St.Louis to NYR makes them a threat now.

This should lead to a Tampa a losing tailspin. Good for us.

Why would Tampa losing and the Rangers winning be good for us? We're a lot closer to the Rangers in the standings.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#833 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I will say though, it appears as if the Rangers make the ECF, that 2nd this year turns into another 1st. So it's possible if the Rangers win two rounds this becomes a 1st in 2014 and 2015 for MSL

So it would be the number 26 pick in a weak draft and a who knows pick next year in what they say is a top heavy draft.

If you want the Rangers to lose out in this deal, everything that you can imagine has to go wrong for them next year.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#834 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

How about we swing a trade for Callahan with Brodeur being a part of the package  :thumbsup: the ultimate troll job

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#835 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

With all the garbage Sather gets for being "him" and pro-active, he's fleeced his share of teams, too. 

Lamoriello also does not have the organizational assets. You have to give to get and you have to have to get. The Rangers roster was set up for this type of impact deal. But it also shows that you can be a Cup contender/playoff team AND trade a upcoming FA and get better.

To be fair, St. Louis only wanted to go to one team and forced Yzerman's hand.  He still got back a decent haul all things considering

#836 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

So it would be the number 26 pick in a weak draft and a who knows pick next year in what they say is a top heavy draft.

If you want the Rangers to lose out in this deal, everything that you can imagine has to go wrong for them next year.

Or as we like to say 90-91 Leafs it

#837 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

Its a pretty big IF.

i guess there was discussion about this being a 3 way trade cause tampa were not that interested in Callahan but we'll see. Kind of a risky move to make that trade if you dont want him and without having a next move

www.SterioDesign.com

#838 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

well for one, Lundqvist save % is already way down from his career norms.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#839 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

Ugh why did St. Louis have to go baby his way into a blue shirt...This is awful. He was pretty much my favorite player and now he is going to be the next has been rag. Gomez/Drury/Redden implosion incoming?

Edited by NJDevils1214, 05 March 2014 - 11:49 AM.

815631765.gif

#840 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,168 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

few months ago both Martys to me we're pure gentlemen and now i see them both as crybabies. 

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users