1333 replies to this topic

#881 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

I would've liked to have seem him, if even to throw something at the wall for some scoring help.

#882 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

You're so annoying.

And you're a smart mouth little brat. 

#883 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

I'll be the one who complains, Hemsky is better than Ryder and Brunner, it would have been an upgrade.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#884 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 15s
Hemsky for third in 15 and fourth in 14. #Sens

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#885 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I wouldn't have minded Hemsky for that return

no huge loss though

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#886 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

I would've paid that price. Eh.....

#887 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch 1m

Yeah, now I'm complaining.  Traded for a song.  Oh well.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#888 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 15s

Wow, I know they only get him for 20 games but this is a very reasonable deal.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#889 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I bet the Oilers have turned down better offers than that for Ales Hemsky over the years.

Posted Image

#890 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,859 posts

See... this is why I say Deboer needs to be responsible....

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 39s

DeBoer said not accurate to say Schneider has taken over as No. 1. Said he took ball and ran with it before break as Brodeur did earlier

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 05 March 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#891 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

I would've liked to have seem him, if even to throw something at the wall for some scoring help.

He went 24 games without scoring a goal before netting two last night.  He's scored 28 goals in his last 162 games (82 points total).  He's never really been a big goal-scorer anyway.   

I'll be the one who complains, Hemsky is better than Ryder and Brunner, it would have been an upgrade.

Probably would've been more of the same with a different name on the back of the jersey.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#892 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

the problem is the devils don't have those picks to deal - i mean they do, but they are low on total picks for the next two years. and, of course, there's nowhere to put hemsky if you don't move someone out. you already saw zubrus get pushed down into the bottom 6 last night.

devils top 7: elias, jagr, zajac, henrique, ryder, clowe, brunner.

i'm not going nuts over not getting hemsky here.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#893 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,794 posts

DeBoer said not accurate to say Schneider has taken over as No. 1. Said he took ball and ran with it before break as Brodeur did earlier

Not sure why it's posted in this thread.  Just actions speak louder than words.  So, we'll see.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#894 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

I almost want to see Brodeur traded at this point so PDB can stop coming off like a clown when it comes to this issue.  It's one thing if Marty is in denial, but PDB has to be smarter than that. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#895 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 39s

stroking that ego to the very end...

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#896 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,757 posts

Hemsky doesn't fit here.  He is really not much better than either Brunner or Ryder, and he doesn't shoot the puck.  NJ has enough non-shooters.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#897 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

@Real_ESPNIebrun says EDM retains 50 per cent of Hemsky's remaining salary. Trade call still pending.

EDIT: deleted rest of post to avoid misleading anyone

Edited by Neb00rs, 05 March 2014 - 12:33 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#898 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When he is not scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 March 2014 - 12:29 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#899 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m
.@Real_ESPNIebrun says EDM retains 50 per cent of Hemsky's remaining salary. Trade call still pending.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#900 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

If we'd at least be in playoffs position trying to fight to stay in i may be considering throwing picks for guys but in the situation we're in, i'd rather not take the risk of losing picks for a rental who didnt help the situation

www.SterioDesign.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users