1333 replies to this topic

#901 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

@Real_ESPNIebrun says EDM retains 50 per cent of Hemsky's remaining salary. Trade call still pending.

Wait, did I miss this: @DarrenDreger #canucks Kesler has just been traded to #NHLducks . #NHLTradeDeadline #Tradecentre

When the hell was this announced?

It wasn't.  You've been conned by a fake Twitter.  Dreger does not tweet with a billion hashtags.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#902 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Ahh got it. Someone retweeted it. That's why I was confused.

Edited by Neb00rs, 05 March 2014 - 12:31 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#903 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,231 posts

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When h is by scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Hemsky scores 17.8 goals per 82 games for his career (he never plays that many in a season), and he's been below that rate as of late.  Doesn't sound like a guy who can put the puck into the net to me.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#904 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When he is not scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Hemsky is not a goal scorer at all.  That line needs another finisher, not another passer.  Ryder isn't scoring but he's getting his shots and that's all you can do as a player.

#905 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,246 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

that is not real

@Real_ESPNIebrun says EDM retains 50 per cent of Hemsky's remaining salary. Trade call still pending.

Wait, did I miss this: @DarrenDreger #canucks Kesler has just been traded to #NHLducks . #NHLTradeDeadline #Tradecentre

When the hell was this announced?

not sure how you're copying and pasting but dreger did not tweet that

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#906 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I disagree, Ryder is the most useless player on this team. When he is not scoring he does absolutely nothing, Hemsky is a play maker and can put the puck into net. He would have been great on a line with Henrique and Patty.

Hemsky hasn't been doing much scoring. He has 9 goals and 17 assists to Ryder's 16 goals and and 12 assists.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#907 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Hemsky scores 17.8 goals per 82 games for his career (he never plays that many in a season), and he's been below that rate as of late. Doesn't sound like a guy who can put the puck into the net to me.

Hes been on the third line getting defensive minutes in the past two seasons on a lousy Edmonton team. He passes the eye test for me, always love watching him play. Also 18 goals is more than Brunner Zubrus Ryder Zajac Lokti can provide. He would have been an upgrade. I'd take those 9 goals ad 17 assists over Ryder's nonchalant play.

And what is wrong with another pure play maker? Besides Patty and Jagr we have a bunch of gritty centers as wingers.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 March 2014 - 12:35 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#908 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

@mayorNHL: LA has found their man on defense http://mayorsmanor.com/?p=24761  #LAKings #NHL #hockey #tradedeadline” Can confirm this going down

??????????????

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#909 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hes been on the third line getting defensive minutes in the past two seasons on a lousy Edmonton team. He passes the eye test for me, always love watching him play. Also 18 goals is more than Brunner Zubrus Ryder Zajac Lokti can provide. He would have been an upgrade. I'd take those 9 goals ad 17 assists over Ryder's nonchalant play.

And what is wrong with another pure play maker? Besides Patty and Jagr we have a bunch of gritty centers as wingers.

Loktionov, Clowe, Zubrus - these are all pass first players.  Josefson too.

Ryder is only considered nonchalant because he isn't scoring.  He's getting his shots.

#910 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,775 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

If Hemsky was a goal-scorer, why can't he crack the top six on a lousy Edmonton team?  He's flashy but overrated.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#911 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Loktionov, Clowe, Zubrus - these are all pass first players. Josefson too.

Ryder is only considered nonchalant because he isn't scoring. He's getting his shots.

I hate his game even when he i scoring. He drags his line down. I have been extremely disappointed with him all season. One hot streak doesn't do it for me. Majority of his shots are outside the circles on the rush anyways, he doesn't generate anything.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 March 2014 - 12:40 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#912 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

besides gaborik and vanek, who's going to help us score more goals??

#913 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,957 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

A reminder if someone retweets anything on your timeline of any established insider....it is fake. Why? Because you already follow McKenzie and Dreger, etc.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#914 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

I hate his game even when he i scoring. He drags his line down. I have been extremely disappointed with him all season. One hot streak doesn't do it for me.

He scores goals.  He's not the most creative player and he's not going to do a lot for you otherwise but he scores goals.  The Devils don't have goal scorers.

#915 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

besides gaborik and vanek, who's going to help us score more goals??

i dont want gaborik

#916 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

He scores goals. He's not the most creative player and he's not going to do a lot for you otherwise but he scores goals. The Devils don't have goal scorers.

Don't like it at all. He hasn't been a goal scorer for a 16 game stretch and another time at a 12 13 14 game stretch?

And he's out of he top 6 due to the constant catering to the oilers young forwards. Look at his corsi stats on that putrid oiler team and tell me he's bad.

Edited by Zubie#8, 05 March 2014 - 12:44 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#917 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

more picks for buffalo....geez

#918 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

i dont want gaborik

Gaborik is a head case - PASS

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#919 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Buffalo already has an amazing prospect pool and now they get Hudson Fasching. I'm jealous. 

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#920 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

You know what, I've got a feeling the Devils are in on Vanek.

I have NO sources, I haven't heard this anywhere.  I just have a feeling Lou's a sleeper on this guy.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users