#1101 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Sigh.

Welcome to New Jersey Devils trade deadline - where we make a big splash once every 5 years, and acquire other team's garage otherwise.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by Devilsfan118, 05 March 2014 - 03:20 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1102 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

DONE

Vanek to Canadiens.

That's that. See you all for the 2014-2015 season. We are officially done. And overspending for old guys.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#1103 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Maybe the stupidity of Garth Snow will keep the ineptitude of Lou Lamoriello blanketed. Terrible thought if Glen Sather is now the Metro area's top GM.

I've been lurking most of the day to read what other Devils fans thought we might do at the deadline and to see if anyone here had an inside scoop compared to generic NHL sites, but this post is just so fvcking stupid that I had to register and call you out.

LL is suddenly inept because of the one and only trade he made today to acquire a veteran winger and got rid of a ridiculously underachieving RFA?  I admit, I had huuuuge hopes for Loktionov at the beginning of this year, but the guy has done next to nothing, so it doesn't pain me to see him go.   Ruutu's contract isn't all that bad, at 4M for 2 years left.  The problem isn't Lou -- the talent is there.  It we would stop playing fvcking games with guys who should be in the NHL full time like Larsson and Gelinas, and probably Josefson, we'd be in much better shape.  Instead DeBoer, or whoever else is influencing these stupid decisions, continue to give helmets each night to pylons like Volchenkov. 

I'm just glad we didn't lose a guy like Zidlicky, who has provided so much offense for us this year on the back-end.   Dumping Salvador would've been nice, but the guy is our captain and that's honestly probably the reason he didn't get shipped. 

I'm also glad Brodeur is still with us.  Here's hoping he accepts his current role.  Hell, he isn't even a true backup yet, he's still effectively splitting starts, since every time Cory has a flaky night DeBoer isn't shy from putting Marty back in and letting him try to win the job back.   I've never been a fan of a carousel at the goalie position, but I'd much rather deal with this for a season and see Brodeur retire as a Devil, than to see him go somewhere else where he'll likely still be a backup, and tarnish his legacy .  People saying this is a circus and a media nightmare are fvcking whiny and retarded.   The perfect ending for me as I've accepted the end for Brodeur is to see him finish the year with us and make a big push in the playoffs and then having him retire, or even one more season on a 1 year deal, provided again the he further accepts the backup role as we continue to give Schneids more starts. 

Edited by NJDfan1711, 05 March 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#1104 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,981 posts

DONE
Vanek to Canadiens.

That's that. See you all for the 2014-2015 season. We are officially done. And overspending for old guys.

Byeeee

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1105 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

where

https://twitter.com/...306651862126592

Posted Image

#1106 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Wouldn't be suprised if Garth Snow is fired tonight after that trade.

#1107 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:24 PM

all they got for vanek was a 2nd and a prospect. gotta see what that prospect is but snow butchered the entire vanek era on the island

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1108 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

What a bad deadline day. Have always been a big LL supporter but this was beyond bad. Especially seeing what other teams gave up for serviceable players. Devils got fleeced on the Ruutu trade. Hard to say they arent the losers of Trade Deadline day. 

#1109 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Are we over the cap...lol...Ruutu for $4.75 mil.  I just barfed my latte.

#1110 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

I've been lurking most of the day to read what other Devils fans thought we might do at the deadline and to see if anyone here had an inside scoop compared to generic NHL sites, but this post is just so fvcking stupid that I had to register and call you out.

LL is suddenly inept because of the one and only trade he made today to acquire a veteran winger and got rid of a ridiculously underachieving RFA?  I admit, I had huuuuge hopes for Loktionov at the beginning of this year, but the guy has done next to nothing, so it doesn't pain me to see him go.   Ruutu's contract isn't all that bad, at 4M for 2 years left. 

I'm just glad we didn't lose a guy like Zidlicky, who has provided so much offense for us this year on the back-end.   Dumping Salvador would've been nice, but the guy is our captain and that's honestly probably the reason he didn't get shipped. 

I'm also glad Brodeur is still with us.  Here's hoping he accepts his current role.  Hell, he isn't even a true backup yet, he's still effectively splitting starts, since every time Cory has a flaky night DeBoer isn't shy from putting Marty back in and letting him try to win the job back.   I've never been a fan of a carousel at the goalie position, but I'd much rather deal with this for a season and see Brodeur retire as a Devil, than to see him go somewhere else where he'll likely still be a backup, and tarnish his legacy .  People saying this is a circus and a media nightmare are fvcking whiny and retarded.   The perfect ending for me as I've accepted the end for Brodeur is to see him finish the year with us and make a big push in the playoffs and then having him retire, or even one more season on a 1 year deal, provided again the he further accepts the backup role as we continue to give Schneids more starts. 

LOL. Thanks for registering. And the laugh on a terrible day.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#1111 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

all they got for vanek was a 2nd and a prospect. gotta see what that prospect is but snow butchered the entire vanek era on the island

I blame minnesota. No one probably wanted vanek he's a giant flight risk back to minni.

#1112 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Trade deadline is over. Now the only suspense left is if all the people who are done with this team pop in after every loss to remind us that they are indeed done with this team.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1113 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

Great job clearing that defenseman logjam Lou. Well done. Now Larsson can rot in Albany for the rest of the season. I'm seriously getting to the point with Lou where he makes me want to punch sh!t on deadline day almost every year.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1114 jonnyd91

jonnyd91

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Lamoriello confirms no other trades. Brodeur still a Devil.

#1115 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Cannot believe thats how the deadline went. We didnt do sh!t and took on a bad contract.

It is actually UNREAL we didn't get rid of a single dman... UNREAL

Edited by Onddeck, 05 March 2014 - 03:26 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1116 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Lamoriello confirms no other trades. Brodeur still a Devil.

Now retire, Lou. It's time.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#1117 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

What an absolute waste of time.

I'm out, done with hockey for the day.  No sense getting any more pissed off than I already am.

Now I'm just waiting for Marty to be announced as the starter for the next game.  JUST WAITING FOR IT! :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#1118 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:29 PM

Well that was disappointing.

Lou dropped the ball on this deadline for sure.

#1119 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

All I wanted was one of the superfluous defenseman moved. For anything. A fvcking spare tire, I don't care. And Lou can't do it. And I'm also glad we addressed that scoring issue by adding a guy with 5 goals in 57 games. Bravo Lou, bravo.

I love Lou to death, but I want to punch him in the fvcking face right now.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1120 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

All I wanted was one of the superfluous defenseman moved. For anything. A fvcking spare tire, I don't care. And Lou can't do it. And I'm also glad we addressed that scoring issue by adding a guy with 5 goals in 57 games. Bravo Lou, bravo.

with this being stated, I do not believe I need to add anything else to this thread

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users