1326 replies to this topic

#1121 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,540 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Someone above Lou needs to end the Brodeur/Lou era immediately. How long until the owners realize the special sauce has long expired.  

ok -- I grudgingly must laugh... good one.

I'm here for the party

#1122 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Peter Harrold was acquired as one of our scoring wingers. :giggle:

#1123 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,408 posts

Remember in that movie The Christmas Story, when Ralphie thinks Christmas is over, but then he sees the hidden BB gun behind the desk and Christmas is saved? This is just like that except without the BB gun, and we all we got was the pink bunny rabbit pajamas named Tuomo Ruutu.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1124 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Someone above Lou needs to end the Brodeur/Lou era immediately. How long until the owners realize the special sauce has long expired.  

I agree. This team needs a face lift. It needs a new identity.

#1125 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

You all need to get some complete vision.  You all bitch about everything.  EVERYTHING. Whatever the team DIDN'T do is the right move. 

Just because the Devils aren't winning doesn't mean that everyone else if brilliant.  What has Minnesota won lately?  Isn't it always just a matter of time for all those teams they try to buy/negotiate their way to a Cup? The more splashy moves they make more they are casting a vote of no confidence on the stars they already HAVE.  For fvcks sake give your team a chance!

I'm not pleased with Lou's moves.  The only thing worth bitching about is merely that 3rd rounder -- I mean wtf was THAT all about?  Rutuu isn't even worth Lokti?  He had to go and throw a pick in too?  Whatever - it's all a big so what really. 

I agree with the bitching part in reference to this, seems like such a non issue, we traded a guy that wasn't going to stick around for a guy that might provide a little more help in the now, and even if we ate the entire salary it isn't that big of a deal, cuz really who the fvck are we going out and signing in the offseason, we hardly ever make a real splash, Kovy was the last one and that was a deviation from the mean if anything.

#1126 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,803 posts

The Devils traded for Ruutu

Salvador is still here

Larsson is in the AHL

Brodeur might be the Devils starter and back next year

Lou has lost it

WORST DEADLINE DAY EVER

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1127 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,893 posts

Status Quo

#1128 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,540 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

why not send a dman to Carolina with Lokti (Sal, Volly) and get a low pick? or nothing? weird.

Yeah -- Lou is sticking to his unloaded rusty old guns.  He used to the best at cutting bait - now.. OY VEY  he only gets rid of dead wood if it BEGS to be gotten rid of.  I don't get it at all.

I'm here for the party

#1129 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

All the Lou hate is hilarious  I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today?  It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE.  It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing.  Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved.  We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.  

#1130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,821 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Lou will just use the same excuse, "oh there was nothing that made us better" and the owners will carry on. Nothing will be done. Like dumping Salvador or Harrold for a fvcking 6th rounder wouldn't make this team better... like addition by subtraction of one of those guys wouldn't make this team better... whatever.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1131 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,174 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

You all need to get some complete vision.  You all bitch about everything.  EVERYTHING. Whatever the team DIDN'T do is the right move. 

Just because the Devils aren't winning doesn't mean that everyone else if brilliant.  What has Minnesota won lately?  Isn't it always just a matter of time for all those teams they try to buy/negotiate their way to a Cup? The more splashy moves they make more they are casting a vote of no confidence on the stars they already HAVE.  For fvcks sake give your team a chance!

I'm not pleased with Lou's moves.  The only thing worth bitching about is merely that 3rd rounder -- I mean wtf was THAT all about?  Rutuu isn't even worth Lokti?  He had to go and throw a pick in too?  Whatever - it's all a big so what really. 

Oh shut up, a lot of us have praised Lou and defended the moves that he's made in the past (including the ones that he made that didn't work out, but still made a lot of sense).  Like I and others have said, if Lou had done NOTHING, we would've been OK with that.  I don't care what other teams are doing...the grass will always be greener if you look hard enough.     

But this one is a REAL tough one to defend.  Yes, there is a chance that this move works out wonderfully and we're all eating crow.  I'll happily load up my plate if that's the case.  But jeez, it's hard to spin this day into being a good one for Lou, and I'm usually one of the fans defending him.

Remember in that movie The Christmas Story, when Ralphie thinks Christmas is over, but then he sees the hidden BB gun behind the desk and Christmas is saved? This is just like that except without the BB gun, and we all we got was the pink bunny rabbit pajamas named Tuomo Ruutu.

Home run!  Pretty sure this one actually left the stadium.  Bravo! 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1132 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I agree with the bitching part in reference to this, seems like such a non issue, we traded a guy that wasn't going to stick around for a guy that might provide a little more help in the now, and even if we ate the entire salary it isn't that big of a deal, cuz really who the fvck are we going out and signing in the offseason, we hardly ever make a real splash, Kovy was the last one and that was a deviation from the mean if anything.

Agreed and agreed. Finally some sensible posts.  The overreaction by everyone here is enough to drive you insane.

#1133 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,587 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Halak to CAPS

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1134 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

All the Lou hate is hilarious  I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today?  It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE.  It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing.  Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved.  We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.  

agree. and welcome to njdevs.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#1135 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,540 posts

OK -- see the thing is -- is Larsson really all that good?  i mean that's really the thing there.  He might just be a bust - because he sure was no great shakes in the NHL.  Our d all interchangeably sucks pretty much.  All kinds of potential - that's kind of coming to nothing anyhow -- so how can you screw up nothing?  Everything out there sucks just as much when seen through the Devils lens.  No one would have added to this team.  We need some BRAINS.  Where is that lazy sh!t Niedermayer when you need him?  fvckin' around out West -- as usual.

I'm here for the party

#1136 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Halak to Washington

#1137 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

All the Lou hate is hilarious I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today? It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE. It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing. Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved. We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.

Vanek to Montreal in exchange for a 2nd round pick and a prospect- lebrun

You say no doubt would've wanted larsson or Henrique?? What part of that Vanek return says larsson or henrique?

Edited by Onddeck, 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1138 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Some people on this board need to really get a grip.  Although it is amusing reading some the apocolyptic reactions in this thread.  Even though I don't like the trade we did make, the world isn't ending because we picked up Ruutu and didn't trade Brodeur or Sal.  Glad we didn't give up any of the prospects for a rental like Vanek or Moulson.  Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.  This is especially true for a team in transition like the Devils.

Posted Image

#1139 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

again, it doesn't matter if ruutu is a 40 goal scorer. the odds are that very strong that he will be nothing more than zubrus, if that, and that is just not something the devils need, at all.

misallocation of resources - this is the lou lamoriello of the last 5 years.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

sundstrom jersey signature

“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1140 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

This message will be used later as a proof that i was a believer from day one

Getting Ruutu is a key move for a great future... You will see ! 

Marty Legacy still alive and Ruutu on our roster (he will be useful !) (you will see)

Thank you Lou ! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users