1333 replies to this topic

#1141 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

All the Lou hate is hilarious  I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today?  It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE.  It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing.  Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved.  We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.  

agree. and welcome to njdevs.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#1142 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

OK -- see the thing is -- is Larsson really all that good?  i mean that's really the thing there.  He might just be a bust - because he sure was no great shakes in the NHL.  Our d all interchangeably sucks pretty much.  All kinds of potential - that's kind of coming to nothing anyhow -- so how can you screw up nothing?  Everything out there sucks just as much when seen through the Devils lens.  No one would have added to this team.  We need some BRAINS.  Where is that lazy sh!t Niedermayer when you need him?  fvckin' around out West -- as usual.

I'm here for the party

#1143 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

Halak to Washington

#1144 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

All the Lou hate is hilarious I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today? It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE. It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing. Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved. We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.

Vanek to Montreal in exchange for a 2nd round pick and a prospect- lebrun

You say no doubt would've wanted larsson or Henrique?? What part of that Vanek return says larsson or henrique?

Edited by Onddeck, 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1145 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

Some people on this board need to really get a grip.  Although it is amusing reading some the apocolyptic reactions in this thread.  Even though I don't like the trade we did make, the world isn't ending because we picked up Ruutu and didn't trade Brodeur or Sal.  Glad we didn't give up any of the prospects for a rental like Vanek or Moulson.  Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.  This is especially true for a team in transition like the Devils.

Posted Image

#1146 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

again, it doesn't matter if ruutu is a 40 goal scorer. the odds are that very strong that he will be nothing more than zubrus, if that, and that is just not something the devils need, at all.

misallocation of resources - this is the lou lamoriello of the last 5 years.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1147 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

This message will be used later as a proof that i was a believer from day one

Getting Ruutu is a key move for a great future... You will see ! 

Marty Legacy still alive and Ruutu on our roster (he will be useful !) (you will see)

Thank you Lou ! 

#1148 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Some people on this board need to really get a grip.  Although it is amusing reading some the apocolyptic reactions in this thread.  Even though I don't like the trade we did make, the world isn't ending because we picked up Ruutu and didn't trade Brodeur or Sal.  Glad we didn't give up any of the prospects for a rental like Vanek or Moulson.  Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.  This is especially true for a team in transition like the Devils.

that's what i wanted today - instead we burdened ourselves with another roster player that has to play that is extraneous and not necessary. 

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#1149 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Oh shut up, a lot of us have praised Lou and defended the moves that he's made in the past (including the ones that he made that didn't work out, but still made a lot of sense).  Like I and others have said, if Lou had done NOTHING, we would've been OK with that.  I don't care what other teams are doing...the grass will always be greener if you look hard enough.     

But this one is a REAL tough one to defend.  Yes, there is a chance that this move works out wonderfully and we're all eating crow.  I'll happily load up my plate if that's the case.  But jeez, it's hard to spin this day into being a good one for Lou, and I'm usually one of the fans defending him.

Home run!  Pretty sure this one actually left the stadium.  Bravo! 

Hard to defend?  It's ONE fvcking move lol.  Jesus Christ.  I think Ruutu for Loktionov straight up was fair, so I am a little disappointed that we had to throw in a 3rd rounder, but holy sh!t everyone needs to reach far up into their twats and try to untwist those panties.  I don't know how some of you make it through life.

#1150 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Some people on this board need to really get a grip. Although it is amusing reading some the apocolyptic reactions in this thread. Even though I don't like the trade we did make, the world isn't ending because we picked up Ruutu and didn't trade Brodeur or Sal. Glad we didn't give up any of the prospects for a rental like Vanek or Moulson. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make. This is especially true for a team in transition like the Devils.

well then we're just wasting resources with larsson in the AHL and another dman scratched every game

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#1151 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

Agreed and agreed. Finally some sensible posts. The overreaction by everyone here is enough to drive you insane.

I've come to realize that after every loss you need to give the board a few hours to get the bitching out of its system. The same can be said now, It's just inevitable. That's not to say that some people can't rationally disagree or be down on the team or particular move, but it's just best to ignore posts that say "zomg Lou need to be fired!"

Welcome to the board, hope you stick around cuz we need more levelheadedness around here.

#1152 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Oh shut up, a lot of us have praised Lou and defended the moves that he's made in the past (including the ones that he made that didn't work out, but still made a lot of sense).  Like I and others have said, if Lou had done NOTHING, we would've been OK with that.  I don't care what other teams are doing...the grass will always be greener if you look hard enough.     

But this one is a REAL tough one to defend.  Yes, there is a chance that this move works out wonderfully and we're all eating crow.  I'll happily load up my plate if that's the case.  But jeez, it's hard to spin this day into being a good one for Lou, and I'm usually one of the fans defending hi

Point is there was nothign to be done today.  Lou coudl have traded the whole fvckin' team and it woudl have made zero difference.  Status quo is fine because the whole vision is gone.  tell me how it is that's defending Lou? 

I'm here for the party

#1153 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

This.. I'm not ecstatic about the Ruutu move, but I don't think the Devils have the pieces right now for a rental. Our 2nd this year is our top pick this year. It'd be a lot to give up if Vanek heads out in July. Plus I don't know if we have a Collberg type prospect. The Isles may have been looking for Boucher and a 2nd if they had talked with the Devils.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1154 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

All the Lou hate is hilarious  I love how people are sucking his dick one moment, then ready to divorce him the second he doesn't do exactly what they want.

Is anyone actually looking at the activity today?  It was light and low this year LEAGUE-WIDE.  It's a buyers market, and if you scan any other teams you'll see people saying the exact same thing.  Players weren't getting big returns, so it's no surprise to see that guys we wanted moved (Salvador, Volchenkov) weren't moved.  We also don't have a lot to give up right now, because if we wanted a Moulson or Vanek teams would've no doubt wanted Henrique or Larsson, and people would've really sh!t a brick to see his name mentioned.  

You're missing what most people are saying.  No one is really lamenting not getting Vanek or Moulson, and I think most people would've been OK with nothing at all, because you are right, we don't want to see those prospects traded for rentals.  No one was really looking for big returns for Sal or Volch types either. 

But this move is a hard one to digest, and I usually look for reasons to defend Lou's moves (I can usually at least see and understand his "why"s).  It's really hard to make a case for how this is going to improve the team.  At least now it's been revealed that the Devils aren't on the full hook for Ruutu's salary.  

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1155 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

again, it doesn't matter if ruutu is a 40 goal scorer. the odds are that very strong that he will be nothing more than zubrus, if that, and that is just not something the devils need, at all.

misallocation of resources - this is the lou lamoriello of the last 5 years.

Except when he got Schneider, except when he gave up virtually nothing of value for Kovy (the penalty is another issue), except when he got a useful piece in Poni for nothing, except when he got Zidlicky for not too much, except when he let Clarkson be the Leafs problem and got a pretty useful player in Clowe instead.

I don't love the Rutuu deal, but it isn't a calamity.  The much bigger problem is that Sal and Volchenkov are still here.  But even that isn't so horrible.  As much as it stinks to have Larsson in the minors, at this stage in his career, he is likely not the difference between a playoff spot. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1156 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

Admit it you just wanted to write about how everyone sucks lou's dick as if it was clever of funny.  It wasn't.  at least amusing terms like "fellating"  a la ^7^

I'm here for the party

#1157 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

"hello Jagr... aaaawkwaaard !  " 

#1158 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,314 posts

Hard to defend?  It's ONE fvcking move lol.  Jesus Christ.  I think Ruutu for Loktionov straight up was fair, so I am a little disappointed that we had to throw in a 3rd rounder, but holy sh!t everyone needs to reach far up into their twats and try to untwist those panties.  I don't know how some of you make it through life.

I assume the third rounder (conditional) kicks in only if they don't re-sign him.

Posted Image

#1159 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

If you don't like the trade as a whole, I can understand that.  But if you look specifically at the player we picked up, it's a guy we could really use.  Moulson and Vanek got piss poor returns, but there's also 28 other teams that missed out on those opportunities as well.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1160 NJDfan1711

NJDfan1711

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Vanek to Montreal in exchange for a 2nd round pick and a prospect- lebrun

You say no doubt would've wanted larsson or Henrique?? What part of that Vanek return says larsson or henrique?

Because that's all we have and there's such a huge drop-off from those types of guys compared to the rest of our roster which is basically littered with 35+ guys and/or 3rd line journeymen.  Is anyone going to be interested in Zubrus?  Or Clowe with a glass head?  Or Brunner who is unproven and injury prone too?   Or Jagr who is a bull this year but can't deny that he's 42.  So yeah, while the Vanek return wasn't a lot, if they were talking to us, those names would have come up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users