1333 replies to this topic

#101 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,423 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

I'm just wondering why Columbus would trade us Gaborik, seeing as how we're head to head with them for a playoff spot...

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#102 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,505 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

I'm just wondering why Columbus would trade us Gaborik, seeing as how we're head to head with them for a playoff spot...

That'd be a huge red flag, just like when Donovan McNabb and Drew Bledsoe got traded in the division. Buyer be very afraid of division teams dealing off key pieces.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#103 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

Where was this Gaborik trade mentioned?  I haven't seen anything anywhere, is it something substantiated?  I'm torn..he's a great scorer, but he's made of glass.  And he was a habitual big-game vanisher. 

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#104 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

I'm ready to let go of Yayo & Fayne. 

Fayne is a solid Defenseman but has fallen off the wagon for us this past year. He needs consistency and a coach that will support him.

Yayo is like trying to jam a square peg into a circle space. He just doesn't fit and he can be great somewhere else.

Put food on my family

#105 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

I'm ready to let go of Yayo & Fayne. 

Fayne is a solid Defenseman but has fallen off the wagon for us this past year. He needs consistency and a coach that will support him.

Yayo is like trying to jam a square peg into a circle space. He just doesn't fit and he can be great somewhere else.

Fayne's been kind of consistent this season and I haven't seen anything that suggests the coach doesn't support him. Completely different situation from Yayo...

#106 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

I'm pretty upset about the Martin St. Louis situation, always been a huge fan of his so to see him request a trade from Tampa is disappointing... Makes it worse that he's set on New York. We can only hope they give away a buttload to get him; if I'm Yzerman, I go into the trade talks knowing that the pressure's on Sather to get rid of Callahan, and not at all the other way around.

#107 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

if volchenkov is getting scratched and fayne is staying in the lineup, he's plenty safe

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#108 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hate to say this, but I think Steve Ott is someone Lou would be interested in.  Gritty veteran forward, on an expiring contract...

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#109 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,819 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Hate to say this, but I think Steve Ott is someone Lou would be interested in.  Gritty veteran forward, on an expiring contract...

If this were a few years ago, perhaps.  But if the Devils are trading for someone like him now, it'll be mainly for addition by subtraction.  This team has enough grit.  It needs to score more goals.  Ott won't give you that. 

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#110 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

If this were a few years ago, perhaps.  But if the Devils are trading for someone like him now, it'll be mainly for addition by subtraction.  This team has enough grit.  It needs to score more goals.  Ott won't give you that. 

Oh I completely agree with you.  I hope Lou doesn't pursue that option.

believe-ll.jpg

#111 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,967 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

apparently the price is at least a first and a prospect. I'd never want to give that for any UFA this season

www.SterioDesign.com

#112 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Where was this Gaborik trade mentioned?  I haven't seen anything anywhere, is it something substantiated?  I'm torn..he's a great scorer, but he's made of glass.  And he was a habitual big-game vanisher. 

I dont know where it came from...

But i think we need to sign him this summer... he is a star (talented player that can manufactured goal) This is what we need...

Him and stasny should be our mains target

#113 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

RumorBreak @RumorBreak Feb 25

Jagr will ONLY be traded if the Devils ARE NOT playoff bound, look for them to trade for Gaborik/Moulson.

i know its not a legit source

#114 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,140 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

RumorBreak ‏@RumorBreak Feb 25

Jagr will ONLY be traded if the Devils ARE NOT playoff bound, look for them to trade for Gaborik/Moulson.

i know its not a legit source

Refer to the first post in this thread.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#115 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Refer to the first post in this thread.

I just posted to show it was floating around on twitter, no harm done

#116 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,793 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

I just posted to show it was floating around on twitter, no harm done

If you want to do that, I'd hope you would at least, rather than citing some dumb source, put your own thoughts.  I'd rather have one fan's random speculations than someone posting tweets that have no authority at all and then someone else coming in and being like 'no way, rumorbreak totally got [trade] or [signing] right.'

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#117 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Gaborik is not something that will help us win a cup.  Pass.

#118 fsu1852

fsu1852

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

If you want to do that, I'd hope you would at least, rather than citing some dumb source, put your own thoughts.  I'd rather have one fan's random speculations than someone posting tweets that have no authority at all and then someone else coming in and being like 'no way, rumorbreak totally got [trade] or [signing] right

I understand they have no autority but if your going to cry about like a teenage girl, I wouldnt have posted sorry

#119 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

What do you think a trade for gaborik would look like? It looks like they could use defense, and we'd have to move a winger to make room- maybe fayne+Brunner?

Edited by dmann422, 27 February 2014 - 03:01 PM.

#120 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Honestly I don't mind seeing the random rumors. There are certainly tiers as to what sources carry weight but I like to know what's out there. It's just fun to speculate. Maybe some of them can even turn out to be true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users