1333 replies to this topic

#1241 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Apparently (Listening to Nick Kypros) Marty Brodeur is pissed that he isn't moving.   For what its worth.

Good, he won't want to sign here next year.

A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1242 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,012 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

I wouldn't care about pissed Brodeur except that I know pissed Brodeur probably means he will get a shot for a lot of games.

Looking at the Vanek trade...and looking at the Devils deal. Just have to shake your head.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1243 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

Marty can go fvck himself. No one wanted him.

#1244 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,012 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Lou did.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1245 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:22 PM

Agreed. I don't know if Vanek is the answer but I think the Devils certainly could've matche the offer IF they thought they had a chance of resigning him. Devils still aren't in a position of rentals. They don't have the assets.

I wouldn't care about pissed Brodeur except that I know pissed Brodeur probably means he will get a shot for a lot of games.

Looking at the Vanek trade...and looking at the Devils deal. Just have to shake your head.

Lou did.

I bet Lou tried to move to get anything for him. I don't think teams wanted Marty. He's a headache. He wanted probably a guaranteed shot to play. Anyone who has seen him play knows that is dumb.

#1246 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

I bet Lou tried to move to get anything for him. I don't think teams wanted Marty. He's a headache. He wanted probably a guaranteed shot to play. Anyone who has seen him play knows that is dumb.

I am curious as to what went on behind the scenes with all of this.  If Marty is actually pissed that he's still here (I'd really like to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one), it's truly a shame.  This final chapter seems to be getting uglier by the day.  There's going to be a much higher percentage of "Thank God, just GO already" Devil fans if Marty retires or signs with someone else than I ever thought.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1247 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:33 PM

Certainly, having Jagr on the team doesn't help Marty one bit.  He's probably saying to himself, "If this guy can come here and lead the team in scoring at 42, sure as heck I can still play goalie at 41"...

It's a "mine is bigger than yours" enigma the Devils have on their hands.

And let's be fair here, if Jagr was playing 2nd or 3rd line minutes, he would probably suck too.  So, I get Marty's argument here.  "If I don't play, I can't be good..."

#1248 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

I am curious as to what went on behind the scenes with all of this.  If Marty is actually pissed that he's still here (I'd really like to give him the benefit of the doubt on that one), it's truly a shame.  This final chapter seems to be getting uglier by the day.  There's going to be a much higher percentage of "Thank God, just GO already" Devil fans if Marty retires or signs with someone else than I ever thought.

Brodeur and Favre should open up a restaurant together called "Primadonna's"

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#1249 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

Regardless of if Marty wanted to stay or if he wanted to go I am happy he is still a Devil. But I really do hope that there is some realisation on his part that this is it. There was a huge market for goal tenders this deadline and only the Wild seemed to have an interest. He basically didn't get a look in.

Also hopefully this makes him appreciate the fact he has been playing as part of a team working dam hard to keep him happy. And that every game he gets is a blessing.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1250 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

You people are being ridiculous.  Holy sh!t.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#1251 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,668 posts

Just no more starting him for legacy purposes. Please, I'm over it. If he plays Friday night, I'm going to flip a sh!t.

#1252 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

You people are being ridiculous.  Holy sh!t.

Who is?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1253 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:49 PM

Who is?

Everybody.  It's disgusting seeing him being treated like this.  All of the posts above I quoted are major overreactions.  Nobody has a damn clue what's going on in his head.  He's been very professional about everything.  He hasn't been in any way disrespectful either.  The guy has done more to earn his right to vent about playing time, then any fan has done to whine about his frustration.

Edited by Mike Brown, 05 March 2014 - 07:24 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1254 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

You people are being ridiculous. Holy sh!t.

Hahahaha c'mon dude

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#1255 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

Mitico's post is an over-reaction  ?????

#1256 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

So for Vanek, you probably would have had to trade one of the young defenseman plus a second round pick?  Would you have done that, because I certainly wouldn't.

Otherwise, see my comments in the Ruutu thread as to why I don't think it's the calamity that a lot of people seem to think.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#1257 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:24 PM

Mitico's post is an over-reaction  ?????

I misread it.  Sorry man.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1258 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:33 PM

Just no more starting him for legacy purposes. Please, I'm over it. If he plays Friday night, I'm going to flip a sh!t.

Its like you read my mind on this one.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#1259 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Its like you read my mind on this one.

Well I think giving him the Carolina game wouldn't be so bad.  But if we lose on Friday, Schneider has to be in the net on Saturday.  I do hope Schneider plays both games though.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#1260 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

If the Devils fall out of contention I see Marty getting a fair amount of starts, especially at home. If they hang in the race, we are going to see how professional Marty is in handling the situation.

I can see this getting ugly where Marty ends up on waivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users