1333 replies to this topic

#121 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

I really would not want Gaborik. He very rarely stays healthy. The Devils would spend most of their time trying to fill in the hole he leaves when he's injured.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#122 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Honestly I don't mind seeing the random rumors. There are certainly tiers as to what sources carry weight but I like to know what's out there. It's just fun to speculate. Maybe some of them can even turn out to be true.

There's nothing wrong with speculation. I think people just want to avoid this thread turning into a mess like on some trading days in the past where there are just pages of Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob and hockeyinsiderrrr stuff. It's understandable

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#123 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I really would not want Gaborik. He very rarely stays healthy. The Devils would spend most of their time trying to fill in the hole he leaves when he's injured.

I agree but at the same time I'm hoping we can somehow clear out a defensemen or two, imo moving any of our rhd so Larsson can play up here is an improvement.

#124 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

The posts with shaky sources are A LOT less annoying than the posters that complain about them. Because then we are wasting our time reading someone complaining

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#125 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

The posts with shaky sources are A LOT less annoying than the posters that complain about them. Because then we are wasting our time reading someone complaining

Not shaky sources. NO sources. Complete and utter BS. Every trade deadline 10-15 accounts with a bunch of followers change their name to some rumour/insider catchy name and take the players that are reported by the actual insiders and just make sh!t up. Desperate trade-hungry NHL fans who can't live in the world of unknowns follow them and take the bait. But once again it is all made up. There are maybe 10 people in the entire media that have enough sources around the league to be able to discuss all teams and rumours. It isn't any unknown individual hiding behind a twitter account.

This thread should be above that crap. If people want to invite any made up rumour, they should create a rival hockey thread and indulge.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#126 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

There's nothing wrong with speculation. I think people just want to avoid this thread turning into a mess like on some trading days in the past where there are just pages of Єklund (2.3% accurate) and Incarcerated Bob and hockeyinsiderrrr stuff. It's understandable

Yeah I can understand that. This is a much more mature message board than most places and there's a good reason for that. I just think that when you see a source that you don't recognize you take it with a grain of salt and move on. I guess the problem is too many people address the post instead of ignoring it and it becomes bigger than it needs to be.

#127 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

I'd definitely be in on Moulson if we were still within striking distance of the playoffs by next week.  Buffalo could use some defensive depth for the long term.

#128 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

You know what's even worse than that?  People complaining about people complaining about posts with shaky sources  :dizzy:

I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't even want tweets from accounts like "xXNHL_Trade_RumorsXx" posted.  Because they're obviously crap, trying to cash in on the deadline hype.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 27 February 2014 - 03:57 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#129 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:56 PM

I miss the days when you would find out about a trade with an article in the paper the next day.

Anyways I really do not want any part of Gaborik or Kesler for reasons already stated.  Moulson might be decent but I have a feeling we would just be getting another Ryder.  Vanek might be interesting but he is all but certain to be too rich for Lou's blood so not worth getting into him.

#130 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,248 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

I miss the days when you would find out about a trade with an article in the paper the next day.

i remember when frankfurters were a nickel. gimme a break.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#131 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

You know what's even worse than that?  People complaining about people complaining about posts with shaky sources  :dizzy:

I don't know about you guys, but I personally don't even want tweets from accounts like "xXNHL_Trade_RumorsXx" posted.  Because they're obviously crap, trying to cash in on the deadline hype.

The only source I trust is @CAASecurity

#132 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

You also forgot "HockeyyyyInsiderrrr111"

#133 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,192 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

If people don't post blatantly false, made up rumors, then there would be no need to complain about them. These wannabe twitter accounts contribute nothing. If we are speculating, I'd rather a poster bring up a player and give their opinion on why they think the move would make sense. That would contribute something. 

Not shaky sources. NO sources. Complete and utter BS. Every trade deadline 10-15 accounts with a bunch of followers change their name to some rumour/insider catchy name and take the players that are reported by the actual insiders and just make sh!t up. Desperate trade-hungry NHL fans who can't live in the world of unknowns follow them and take the bait. But once again it is all made up. There are maybe 10 people in the entire media that have enough sources around the league to be able to discuss all teams and rumours. It isn't any unknown individual hiding behind a twitter account.

This thread should be above that crap. If people want to invite any made up rumour, they should create a rival hockey thread and indulge.

Agree 100%. I wonder if it would be worth it to have separate threads, one for people that like rumors that are made up and one for those of us that only take the rumors from the likes of McKenzie/Dreger/beat writers/Spectors/etc...people that actually work in the industry. 

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#134 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,496 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

I understand they have no autority but if your going to cry about like a teenage girl, I wouldnt have posted sorry

I didn't know teenage girls were so eloquent in their crying.  Do you run this account?  Because otherwise you should've taken 0 offense at what I said - just said it'd be better if you speculated instead of some twitter moron.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#135 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,496 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

While we're talking about Buffalo players, I really don't have much interest in Moulson, but I do have interest in Tyler Ennis - I wonder if NJ can't pry him out of there.  I'm not sure what Buffalo would want of ours - they have young D but they are farther behind on the development track than the 3 young guys NJ has used this season.  Something to think about.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#136 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

I'd replace Ryder, Brunner, and Bernier with Boyes, Hemsky, and Gaborik.

Zubrus - Zajac - Jagr
Elias - Loktionov - Hemsky
Clowe - Henrique - Gaborik
Carter - Gionta - Boyes

I have absolutely no idea if we can fit this lineup under the cap though.

I blink once, and you have a historically terrible offense with Gaborik on the third line.

Looking at all of your posts. I don't know if you're delusional or just retartedly optomistic, but whatever it is, at least it isn't constant doom like the majority of the rest of us.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#137 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

@RandyJMiller: Brodeur trade rumors heating up with Blackhawks sending 2 execs to #Devils game. Wild assistant GM here, too. http://t.co/L7ze0MTe5q

Don't know what info they think they can glean from watching Marty in warmups. They're probably looking at Gaborik.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#138 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

@RandyJMiller: Brodeur trade rumors heating up with Blackhawks sending 2 execs to #Devils game. Wild assistant GM here, too. http://t.co/L7ze0MTe5q

Don't know what info they think they can glean from watching Marty in warmups. They're probably looking at Gaborik.

They may be wanting to see how well he opens the bench door for the players. 

#139 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

They might want to talk to Marty and/or Lou face to face.

#140 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,036 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

There's basically no way the Hawks can fit Gaborik in capwise. The only way they could even fit Marty in is if we absorbed half the cap hit or took back Bickell.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users