124 replies to this topic

#101 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

this team makes me proud, great guys,love all of them. they have a lot of potential and hopefully they finally realized it. 

#102 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

in the post-game #30 seemed pretty set on playing next year.  That's ok. 

I just dont see Lou moving him as the team needs him for this year, just in case

#103 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

We didn't fall behind but we didn't move forward as I suspected.

Thanks Marty

Thanks Offense.

Marty had offensive support and he played well not having played for a month

Back to Cory.

Edited by LucifersDog, 01 March 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#104 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

We now have a 53% chance at making it!

http://www.sportsclu.../NewJersey.html

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#105 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

Great that we got to open this mini-season against two sh!t teams and get some momentum going towards San Jose. If we can take them down, it'd be huge. Clowe is finally playing up to his potential, along with Henrique. Only forward that doesn't really have their game at full force right now is Zajac, not calling him out, but it's true. Hell, even Loktionov has looked good

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#106 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:15 PM

Great that we got to open this mini-season against two sh!t teams and get some momentum going towards San Jose. If we can take them down, it'd be huge. Clowe is finally playing up to his potential, along with Henrique. Only forward that doesn't really have their game at full force right now is Zajac, not calling him out, but it's true. Hell, even Loktionov has looked good

How is Columbus a sh!t team exactly?

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#107 cgb6397

cgb6397

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:16 PM

How is Columbus a sh!t team exactly?

Well that was a bit of an overstatement, but they played like garbage. The Islanders, on the other hand, 100% deserve the tag of a sh!t team. I almost feel bad for them.

6qf7l3.jpg
"You know my boss, (Lou Lamoriello), we don't throw parades for second place"
-Pete Deboer on the Devils 5th Stanley Cup Final appearence

#108 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:21 PM

Well that was a bit of an overstatement, but they played like garbage. The Islanders, on the other hand, 100% deserve the tag of a sh!t team. I almost feel bad for them.

Losing Tavares really kills that team.  It will get even worse once they deal Vanek.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#109 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Losing Tavares really kills that team.  It will get even worse once they deal Vanek.

Announcers were taking about them dealing Andrew MacDonald as well. They're really stripping things down there

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#110 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

Great that we got to open this mini-season against two sh!t teams 

Yea....nice one.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#111 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Announcers were taking about them dealing Andrew MacDonald as well. They're really stripping things down there

In fairness to them, their approach might have been different if Vanek hadn't shot down their offer.  That's what worries me about Schneider...what if money isn't enough (I think Lou will make a very good offer)?  As we saw with Nieds, sometimes it really isn't about the money.   

#30 FOREVER!

#112 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,179 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

In fairness to them, their approach might have been different if Vanek hadn't shot down their offer.  That's what worries me about Schneider...what if money isn't enough (I think Lou will make a very good offer)?  As we saw with Nieds, sometimes it really isn't about the money.   

The good news is Cory doesn't have a brother in the NHL. He is playing relatively close now to his hometown, and the one NHL team in Massachusetts...well they have a top 3 goalie in the world locked up for ever.

Don't fvck this up New Jersey. One of the main reasons I want Marty gone. Cory has been around goalie drama for 3+ years now. He has deserved his own net for that many years. Time to finally give it to him distraction free.

I'll add one more thing. Marty continues to push the mantra, "I just want to play." By not trading him, Lou continues to put enormous pressure on Deboer to get Marty in to more games than he should.

Edited by devilsrule33, 01 March 2014 - 06:04 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#113 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Glad they actually won when I made a game day thread. I don't think my overall record is all that good lol

So happy to see Marty play well. I'm glad I went to the game, totally forget that Jagr had a chance to score 700 today so very cool to see some history as well.

I hope that wasn't Martys last game in a Devils jersey. I hope he ends up being ok with being a backup for one final season or just retires after this one.

I know I'm being sentimental but it would kill me to see him in any other jersey.

#114 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

trooped it out to the game today and glad i did.. had some free tickets too so it made it well worth my while.. good game dont remember the last time i got to see that many goals scored live in front of me.. but my god what a dump that place is..so glad that we dont have to call a place like that home man that would blow!
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#115 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

I forgot how small their video board was. I've only been the rock and msg over the past few years and forgot just how small the old video boards were.

#116 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Posted Image

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#117 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

I think Zajac has been great over these last few months. The puck just won't go in for him. 

believe-zubrus.jpg

#118 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

I am not worried about Schneider leaving. As a goalie, if you have a secure starting job on on a consistently good team, more often than not he accepts an offer to stay, if a quality offer is made.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#119 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:04 PM

I think Zajac has been great over these last few months. The puck just won't go in for him. 

Zajac has played fantastic hockey this year.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#120 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I am not worried about Schneider leaving. As a goalie, if you have a secure starting job on on a consistently good team, more often than not he accepts an offer to stay, if a quality offer is made.

The big question will be does Schneider think this team will be a consistently good team in his prime years?  Is he concerned that he'll always have to hold the opposition to 2 goals or less?  Can Lou sell him on the team's future, especially when their most productive forward is a 42-year-old who doesn't figure to be here much longer than next season, if that?  Does Cory even like living and playing in NJ?  Only Cory knows the answers.   

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users