114 replies to this topic

#81 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Oh c'mon, give people 20 minutes to be frustrated after a loss. Any Cory hate after that and I'm with you.

What he said.....lighten up Francis

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#82 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Devils deserved better but it's a little late to for moral victories

Thats precisely my thought, moral victory where "we outshot or outplayed" the other team is nothing good after awhile, you beed results at some point

www.SterioDesign.com

#83 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:35 PM

Njdevs saturday: Wahoo we are awesome. Great to have Gelinas back. Sign Cory for ever.
Njdevs Sunday after playing a top team in the league: Cory should be shot , bring back Moose, Gelinas should be sent to play out his career in Japan.

yeah it's the same thing here after every loss. Even if we won ten in a row and then lost one you need to give some of these guys a few hours to cool down. I don't know what they were watching cuz I thought we played well minus our pp which in 4 attempts only generated one quality chance.

Anyway these next two games are huge, we really need to win both and preferably in regulation.

#84 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,920 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Devils must beat the Wings twice in regulation now

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#85 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,969 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

What he said.....lighten up Francis

Rather not. But I guess I just won't venture in to the game thread right after the game if people are going to rip on the team's best player for letting in one bad goal.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#86 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

Or twice before the end of the third period. 

Rather not. But I guess I just won't venture in to the game thread right after the game if people are going to rip on the team's best player for letting in one bad goal.

I think in your own way, you are venting too. One way people do it is to scapegoat one of the team's players, another is to hate on those posters. It happens after almost every tough loss, and even the quality posters, such as yourself, are not immune from it.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#87 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

everybody knew the game was over after the nieto goal

the devils didn't play poorly either, but Schneider needed to be absolutely perfect today with the devils on a back to back and he wasnt

if you really thought the game was over I'm assuming you didn't bother watching the final 12 mins?

It's not rocket science to say that a team down 1 with 12 mins to go is likely to lose but the game isn't over.

#88 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:44 PM

Agreed.   Two regulation losses would pretty much close the door on the playoffs

#89 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'm not going to rip Cory for this game when he was lights-out for so long beforehand...but can't help but wonder if the layoff is affecting him.  Hopefully if rust is an issue, he shook it off today.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#90 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I Know he's been getting some shooting luck, but Adam Henrique is legit. He and Elias have some nice chemistry going. Nice to be able to pencil him in for 20 a year

#91 sokar

sokar

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

one step forward two steps back

#92 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I don't really see this as two steps back. It's a loss, it is what it is.

#93 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Gotta agree that Ryder isn't really cutting it. I used to be one of his biggest supporters, but I don't think he fits our system.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#94 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:56 PM

Not really.  Gotta see what they do against the Red Wings before we can say that.  Thing that sucks is that they really need to get four points against the Wings now (one of the wins coming in OT isn't the end of the world).  Three Devils points means the Red Wings come away with at least two.  Not really good enough.   

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#95 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,096 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

Not really.  Gotta see what they do against the Red Wings before we can say that.  Thing that sucks is that they really need to get four points against the Wings now (one of the wins coming in OT isn't the end of the world).  Three Devils points means the Red Wings come away with at least two.  Not really good enough.   

All the teams we are chasing or are in the pack with are getting points as well. That doesn't help.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#96 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,261 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

All the teams we are chasing or are in the pack with are getting points as well. That doesn't help.

That's why I think they have to come away with four against the Wings. 

It's gotten to the point where the Devils should probably focus on getting 92 points or more, instead of who's ahead of them.  Checking the standings daily will lead to frustration more than anything else. 

#30 FOREVER!

#97 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

It's gotten to the point where the Devils should probably focus on getting 92 points or more, instead of who's ahead of them.  Checking the standings daily will lead to frustration more than anything else. 

Yea, this. The reason it's not two steps back is because coming out of the break we needed a certain amount (maybe 15-17) of wins to finish the season. Every loss makes that harder but is not the end of the world when following two wins.

#98 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,521 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:29 PM

Cory Schneider was bad.  On to Detroit.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#99 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

It might take more than 92 at this point.  Getting Detroit and an improving Columbus in our conference this season kind of ups the point total we need.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#100 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,920 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Cory Schneider was bad.  On to Detroit.

he wasn't bad, he just wasn't great. Between the Couture and Torres goals were plenty of amazing saves.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users