218 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

based on a very average roster and losing our top 3 scorers and based on missing the playoffs the year before. Also based on i had no idea Jagr would produce this much. The whole hockey world had us penciled at the bottom and for once it wasnt unfair.

Except they're not at the bottom.  They're still very much in playoff contention...if they were truly a bottom-feeder, they'd be out of it already...hell, one can argue that the one thing killing them the most is their lack of success in shootouts. 

Yeah, didn't expect this much from Jagr, but expected a little more from Ryder and Brunner. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Except they're not at the bottom.  They're still very much in playoff contention...if they were truly a bottom-feeder, they'd be out of it already...hell, one can argue that the one thing killing them the most is their lack of success in shootouts. 

Yeah, didn't expect this much from Jagr, but expected a little more from Ryder and Brunner. 

Well yeah they are exceeding my expectations thats for sure, but im not gonna sit here and he hypocrite that i thought they'd do well and all. Before the season i was saying they had an "interesting" roster with decent depth but that the system would be the reason they'd be good or not and that i'd have to wait and see how they actually play together.

I guess it's a decent team but the lack of skills is showing. But im trying to look at this whole team realistically and thats why i was hoping we wouldnt sell too much at the deadline cause we CLEARLY need to find offence for the future SOMEHOW and i guess at this point the sooner we're at the sooner Lou can get at it and figure something out.

www.SterioDesign.com

#43 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

Update:

71 points. 16 games left, 10-5-1 needed to hit 92

#44 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

its in reach..as long as the team can continue to play solid.. just a little worried that they will easily fall off for a stretch of games how theyve done many times this season
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#45 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

its in reach..as long as the team can continue to play solid.. just a little worried that they will easily fall off for a stretch of games how theyve done many times this season

The schedule is in our favor.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#46 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:05 PM

The schedule is in our favor.

cant really go by that as weve beaten some tough teams this season and have rolled over and died to the bottom feeders.. just have to hope the team continues to play strong and get some wins they know what they have to do
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#47 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

gonna be very very tough to hit 92 points IMO. Like planets aligning in our favor tough.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#48 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

cant really go by that as weve beaten some tough teams this season and have rolled over and died to the bottom feeders.. just have to hope the team continues to play strong and get some wins they know what they have to do

You should see my post earlier in the thread.  It's post #10 in the thread to be exact.  Granted, things have changed since I made that post.  But it's essentially me saying that the whole idea of us not playing well against the bottom teams is overstated.

Edited by Mike Brown, 11 March 2014 - 10:04 PM.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#49 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

If they can find ways to win on Friday and Saturday that would be absolutely massive, 8-5-1 in the final 14 would be very achievable
25smul5.png

#50 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

You should see my post earlier in the thread.  It's post #10 in the thread to be exact.  Granted, things have changed since I made that post.  But it's essentially me saying that the whole idea of us not playing well against the bottom teams is overstated.

you all together just talk way too much its overbearing.. not combing through a thread to try and find one of your million posts
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

#51 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

The shootout is killing us.  The average team has received 4.6 points from shootouts, of which the Devils have none.

Obviously it'll never come back, but if games ended in a tie after OT, the Devils would currently be fourth in the conference.

#52 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

The shootout is killing us.  The average team has received 4.6 points from shootouts, of which the Devils have none.

Obviously it'll never come back, but if games ended in a tie after OT, the Devils would currently be fourth in the conference.

I'd be very interested in seeing overtime changing.  Say 10 minutes of the 4 on 4, and if it remains tied after that, some 3v3 for 5 minutes.  This would severely reduce the number of shootouts in my opinion.  Which I would totally be okay with.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#53 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,002 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

gonna be very very tough to hit 92 points IMO. Like planets aligning in our favor tough.

You don't think with that favorable schedule we can go 10-5-1? If we win both games in Florida, we need to go 8-5-1. That's playing really well, yeah, but not "planets aligning" well.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#54 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

you all together just talk way too much its overbearing.. not combing through a thread to try and find one of your million posts

I clearly said it's post number 10 in this thread.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#55 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:53 PM

90 points gives us a 51.2 - 55.6% chance at making the playoffs.

91 points gives us a 72.4 - 75.9% chance at making the playoffs.

92 points gives us a 89.7 - 91.5% chance at making the playoffs.

http://www.sportsclu.../NewJersey.html

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#56 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,907 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Just saying we had NO problems with SO 2 seasons ago, we may not like the idea of it but we we're pretty confident going into them. It's simply cause we can't win then now that we hate them so much

www.SterioDesign.com

#57 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:56 PM

Just saying we had NO problems with SO 2 seasons ago, we may not like the idea of it but we we're pretty confident going into them. It's simply cause we can't win then now that we hate them so much

I enjoy watching them, but the system in place that is in use is what I don't like.  I was saying that even when we were good at them.  Even including these past two seasons, we're a top 5 team in shootouts.  So we've benefited greatly from them.  I still hate them.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#58 SullivanNJD

SullivanNJD

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

My Blog Post Today: 

http://njdplatoon.wo...ime-to-believe/

#59 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

My Blog Post Today: 

http://njdplatoon.wo...ime-to-believe/

There is a section on the forum for Independent Blogging

Welcome aboard. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#60 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:03 PM

I enjoy watching them, but the system in place that is in use is what I don't like.  I was saying that even when we were good at them.  Even including these past two seasons, we're a top 5 team in shootouts.  So we've benefited greatly from them.  I still hate them.

This. It's not hockey. It's a skills competition. They appeal to casual fans, which nets the league a little cash, so they're not going anywhere, but fvck them.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users