218 replies to this topic

#101 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Have we gone 10-5 over a 15 game stretch yet?

#102 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

During this 7 game stretch I said I'd like them to go 4-3.  This is where we're at right now.  Which means we have to win 3 of the next 4 in order to be in a good place.  So if we lose tonight, and against Boston which is what am anticipating, we have to win 3 in a row against the Wild, Rags, and Leafs.  Difficult.  Hell yeah, but do able.

1. Flyers: Win

2. Panthers: Loss

3. Lightning: Loss (I'm already conceding this game)

4. Bruins: Loss (This is pretty much a guaranteed loss. Hopefully Boston lays an egg.)

5. Wild

6. Rangers

7. Leafs

If they do that going 6-4 against these 10 games is reasonable.

1. Coyotes

2. Islanders

3. Panthers

4. Sabres

5. Capitals

6. Hurricanes

7. Senators

8. Flames

9. Islanders

10. Bruins

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#103 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Their best stretches were:

10/26 - 11/21:  8 wins in 12

2/7 - 3/11:  6 wins in 9 (sandwiched around the Olympic break)

#104 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Their best stretch was 5 in 6 at the tail end of the first one above and against really good teams to boot (Pens, Ducks, Kings)...funny how that happened when we had Larsson/Gelinas playing well and with decent minutes and now with the old farts back we're sitting at status quo  :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 March 2014 - 09:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#105 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,989 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Their best stretch was 5 in 6 at the tail end of the first one above and against really good teams to boot (Pens, Ducks, Kings)...funny how that happened when we had Larsson/Gelinas playing well and with decent minutes :rant:

the team scored with Gelinas in there....time to put him in and live with the defensive miscues. He may be responsible for a GA, but on the other hand is responsible for 2 GF. He needs to play, he adds O

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#106 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

Columbus wins.  Essentially we are 5 points out of a playoff spot:

Rangers 76, Devils 71, same number of games played

Philly 75, Devils 71, but Philly has two games at hand.

Not to mention we're still behind current non-playoff position teams Detroit and Washington.

#107 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

I honestly don't see 6 other teams out of these 10 teams getting to 92 points.  Not a single one of these scenarios is a given.  I think Toronto and Tampa will get there.  I do believe 91 points will be enough to get in.

Toronto needs 12 points in 14 games.

Tampa Bay needs 13 points in 15 games.

NY Rangers need 16 points in 14 games.

Philadelphia needs 17 points in 16 games.

Montreal needs 13 points in 14 games.

Columbus needs 16 points in 15 games.

Detroit needs 19 points in 16 games.

Washington needs 20 points in 14 games.

Ottawa needs 23 points in 16 games.

Carolina needs 25 points in 16 games.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#108 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

the team scored with Gelinas in there....time to put him in and live with the defensive miscues. He may be responsible for a GA, but on the other hand is responsible for 2 GF. He needs to play, he adds O

They were winning with Gelinas too after the break.  nj26 posted these numbers on HF, they're infuriating:

26-16-7 with Gelly in the lineup, 3-10-6 without him (of course a lot of that's the 0-4-3 stretch to open the season but still).

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#109 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

They were winning with Gelinas too after the break.  nj26 posted these numbers on HF, they're infuriating:

26-16-7 with Gelly in the lineup, 3-10-6 without him (of course a lot of that's the 0-4-3 stretch to open the season but still).

I'm the biggest Gelinas fanboy here.  But this stat is extremely misleading.  Granted, he should be playing, but I believe having him in the lineup tonight and last night wouldn't have made a difference.  That being said, we need a shakeup.  2 bad losses in a row, and I think it's time to put him back in.  There's also that Larsson guy.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

#110 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Does anyone here believe Lou when he said that Larsson is in the AHL to regain some lost confidence?  I mean, I can understand that since Larsson still a young and developing defenseman.  Who knows? Maybe Larsson will return to the NHL and play phenomenal?

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

#111 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Does anyone here believe Lou when he said that Larsson is in the AHL to regain some lost confidence? I mean, I can understand that since Larsson still a young and developing defenseman. Who knows? Maybe Larsson will return to the NHL and play phenomenal?

Not sure how he could be gaining confidence when he sees worse young guys like Gelinas and Merril hopping over him on the depth chart.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#112 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,717 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Not sure how he could be gaining confidence when he sees worse young guys like Gelinas and Merril hopping over him on the depth chart.

He can gain confidence in his own abilities without worrying about what other players are doing.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#113 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:19 PM

Yeah i absolutely can't see how this is good for his development. He's not there cause he had to be there or cause he deserve it. He's there because Lou didnt take care of that logjam on D. Plain and simple

www.SterioDesign.com

#114 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,860 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

He can gain confidence in his own abilities without worrying about what other players are doing.

In theory, yes. But he's a young kid - you can't really expect him to see the big picture at all times.

I know I'd be pissed if a less qualified individual was promoted over me.

Oh and let's not forget the real world aspect for a second - Larsson is making pennies playing in the AHL compared to his pay last year.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#115 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Larsson can't even drive a car, so I doubt he's spending a ton of money.

As for with-without - these stats are silly.  The Rangers used to put up a with/without stat regarding Sean Avery for about two years until things finally corrected themselves - it's utterly meaningless.

Also the idea that Merrill is worse than Larsson - yeah, I get that one guy was drafted much higher than the other, but if you throw that piece of information away (which is not that relevant at this stage), the two are about equal in my mind.

Edited by Triumph, 16 March 2014 - 08:57 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#116 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

I am wodnering if Merrill is starting to feel the affects of the long NHL season. I'd like to get Adam in there this week, but the Devils wouldn't because they are what they are.

#117 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,183 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I am wodnering if Merrill is starting to feel the affects of the long NHL season. I'd like to get Adam in there this week, but the Devils wouldn't because they are what they are.

They're not going to use one of their four recalls when they have eight defensemen up here as is. 

#118 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

They're not going to use one of their four recalls when they have eight defensemen up here as is. 

Yeah, this.  They would if they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, but if not, it doesn't make a ton of sense to just have 9 D here, and then sending him down for any reason means invalidating another recall.  I think if someone got hurt and was out for the season they might do it.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#119 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

I could see Lou using one of his recalls now. I think Larsson may very well be called up any day.

Lou has never been afraid to make a move.

Nonetheless, teams can still make emergency call-ups in case someone does get hurt.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#120 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 01:24 AM

I could see Lou using one of his recalls now. I think Larsson may very well be called up any day.

Lou has never been afraid to make a move.

Nonetheless, teams can still make emergency call-ups in case someone does get hurt.

If Lou wants this team to make the playoffs, he better do something.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users