#41 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

Also from that same article...

Asked if he's denying the report, Lamoriello responded loudly.

"I'm just not even responding to anything anymore today," he said. "I just think it’s incredible the way rumors start. It’s just a disgrace that there is a license to start rumors.

“It just kills to have people deal with people’s lives like this.”

The quote is kind of ridiculous because Brodeur doesn't have to be worried. I agree that in general that rumours can mess with athletes and their families, but Brodeur is the driving force behind any deal. He has the NTC. He decides if/where/when he goes...that is to say if Lou will even entertain the idea of trading him.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 March 2014 - 12:39 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#42 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Also from that same article...

Asked if he's denying the report, Lamoriello responded loudly.

"I'm just not even responding to anything anymore today," he said. "I just think it’s incredible the way rumors start. It’s just a disgrace that there is a license to start rumors.

“It just kills to have people deal with people’s lives like this.”

Hence me saying... it IS Lou. because, he does what he does. we shall see where this all goes

POTATO!!!

#43 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,294 posts

like tri said earlier, these leaks might have come from brodeur camp (although you'd think lavoie would be leading the charge if so) and lou scuttled the deal b/c of it.

still think something is happening. maybe it's hope.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#44 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Yeah I'll play advocate here - maybe Lou's furious the deal got leaked.  

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#45 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

Lou Lamoriello doesn't respond to rumors, but did say he'd "never" have a player play in a game if a deal to trade him was already agreed on

personally dont think hell go to the wild.

#46 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,744 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

The quote is kind of ridiculous because Brodeur doesn't have to be worried. I agree that in general that rumours can mess with athletes and their families, but Brodeur is the driving force behind any deal. He has the NTC. He decides if/where/when he goes...that is to say if Lou will even entertain the idea of trading him.

Brodeur doesn't have to be worried, but there are other people involved who I'm sure aren't fully up to date about the status of Brodeur's no-trade clause.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#47 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

And with that folks, the season is over.  Because this media zoo that has become NJ will ultimately cause the place to implode.  Us trading Brodeur for anything short of Jason Pomminville or Mikael Granlund would be a bust because you don't trade the best goalie of all time for "future considerations"...I don't care if the guy is on crutches or in a wheelchair, he stays because he is the best you ever had!

Edited by Mitico12, 04 March 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#48 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Lou Lamoriello doesn't respond to rumors, but did say he'd "never" have a player play in a game if a deal to trade him was already agreed on

This to me was a given. This might be a Deboer move for nostalgic purposes with no internal pressure, or because Deboer is crazy and has no realization that Brodeur is one of the 3 worst goalie in the NHL this season.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 March 2014 - 12:52 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#49 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

fvck your title, OP. Add the word "Report" and your source. How hard is it to learn these board guidelines?

There should be a rule that any non-confirmed reports stay in the trade deadline thread until a valid source reports it. That way we don't get inexperienced posters who just want to break news and so they post their link prematurely. That would solve all the problems we have had with this over the years. 

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#50 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Lamoriello: "I believe in this team and I’m doing whatever I can to make it better.”

Lou seems to have calmed down a little...

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#51 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
Lamoriello: "I believe in this team and I’m doing whatever I can to make it better.”

Lou seems to have calmed down a little...

alright now he's starting to think rationally

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#52 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

This to me was a given. This might be a Deboer move for nostalgic purposes with no internal pressure, or because Deboer is crazy and has no realization that Brodeur is one of the 3 worst goalie in the NHL this season.

This.  However, this could be a pre-emptive curtain call just in case a deal is made which means the feelers are certainly out there. 

#53 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

And with that folks, the season is over.  Because this media zoo that has become NJ will ultimately cause the place to implode.  Us trading Brodeur for anything short of Jason Pomminville or Mikael Granlund would be a bust because you don't trade the best goalie of all time for "future considerations"...I don't care if the guy is on crutches or in a wheelchair, he stays because he is the best you ever had!

Sentimental bullsh!t. I would trade marty for a 3rd line player in a second. Who gives a flying fvck, really. Do you think marty will be remembered for anything other than his accomplishments as a devil?

When people think of brett favre, do they go, he was that Viking/Jets quarterback. No he is thought of as one of the best QBs in packer history.

Broduer will always be remembered as a devil, helping hose some team out of worthwhile players would be another addition to the many ways marty has made this franchise successful. We need some offensive help in the worst way, this team needs that more than it needs goalie who is literally at the end of his career.

#54 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

Sentimental bullsh!t. I would trade marty for a 3rd line player in a second. Who gives a flying fvck, really. Do you think marty will be remembered for anything other than his accomplishments as a devil?

When people think of brett favre, do they go, he was that Viking/Jets quarterback. No he is thought of as one of the best QBs in packer history.

Broduer will always be remembered as a devil, helping hose some team out of worthwhile players would be another addition to the many ways marty has made this franchise successful. We need some offensive help in the worst way, this team needs that more than it needs goalie who is literally at the end of his career.

This is nothing like Farve.  He turned into a joke with the retire/unretire multiple times thing.  And you're right, his legacy as a player is with the Packers.  The other nonsense with the Jets and Vikings is just that... nonsense. 

#55 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Wow it's amateur hour out there for New Jersey Devils fans...

Welcome to the trade deadline, folks, this is what it feels like for fans (and players and management) of big market teams 2-3 times a year, especially ones with superstars or expiring contracts. Seeing Lou angrily overreact to the rumors going around reminds me how sheltered and insulated from the media we've been as a team. All this media coverage seems like new territory to everyone from Brodeur himself to Lamoriello, and of course us fans....

Edited by DJ Eco, 04 March 2014 - 01:40 PM.

#56 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

This is nothing like Farve.  He turned into a joke with the retire/unretire multiple times thing.  And you're right, his legacy as a player is with the Packers.  The other nonsense with the Jets and Vikings is just that... nonsense. 

Favre with the Vikings was way more successful than marty is going to be wherever he goes. Favre played his best year statistically speaking in 09'-10' with the Vikings. They also made it to the NFC championship, don't see how that is nonsense. He just won't be remembered for that.

Edited by Sneax, 04 March 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#57 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Haven't seen this mentioned:

What do we get in return (speculation) for Brodeur to Wild? Anything halfway decent?  Sorry if I am late to the party, trying to catch up on the (speculation) details.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#58 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

Haven't seen this mentioned:

What do we get in return (speculation) for Brodeur to Wild? Anything halfway decent?  Sorry if I am late to the party, trying to catch up on the (speculation) details.

We get a bag of pucks and water bottle signed by Zach Parise.

#59 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

There is no way Marty starts tonight if he is supposed to traded. If he starts he is pretty much staying in NJ
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#60 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

maybe lou will pull him from the starting lineup half hour before the game. maybe lou will trick the fans like vince mcmahon did last night to people expecting cm punk lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users