141 replies to this topic

#141 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

He doesn't realize that he is still more THE GUY here than he'd be anywhere else.  He can want to go elsewhere, but I don't see it as likely, and that's what's sad.

I don't think it's likely either. Cory has blown him out of the water. If he could see the forest for the trees, he'd consider himself lucky that his contract is up in July and he can retire. Unfortunately, he thinks there's something left and I'd rather he found out there's nothing left somewhere else.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#142 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,256 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

He doesn't realize that he is still more THE GUY here than he'd be anywhere else.  He can want to go elsewhere, but I don't see it as likely, and that's what's sad.

Minnesota chose Ilya Bryzgalov over Marty.  Yeah, he's many years younger, and he has done some good things in the NHL, but he's Ilya Friggin' Bryzgalov. 

If Marty can find a team that thinks he can help them, great for him, but I think he's finding out the hard way that everyone else is seeing what we're seeing...basically, what Marty himself ISN'T seeing. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users