344 replies to this topic

#121 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Will see how he plays, I like ruutu alot always like him when we play the canes. It's one thing to cry about the deal, but let's see how he meshes with our guys and what comes from it. Don't know why its all doom and gloom, as others have tried to point out who are we spending this cap money on anyway?

#122 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,251 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

i say, without exaggeration, that ruutu should be amnestied over the summer - that's what the canes were going to do.

i suppose he helps towards the connor mcdavid plan.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#123 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but I think Lou might be starting to lose it.  What an absolute joke this day has been.  At least the Hurricanes are having a nice laugh.   

Well took you awhile but glad that your on board now

www.SterioDesign.com

#124 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,063 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but I think Lou might be starting to lose it. What an absolute joke this day has been. At least the Hurricanes are having a nice laugh.

You would think at some point Lou would get a player in the lineup under 30 with actual speed. Poor Larsson stuck in the AHL the rest of the season now because Lou refuses to do what needs to be done.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#125 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,278 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Well took you awhile but glad that your on board now

In the past, I could at least see what the logic was behind most of Lou's moves (even the ones that didn't work out).  I'm not necessarily anti-Lou now, but there's just no way to justify what he did today.  Like I said, even if he had done nothing, I could've understood it.  Who knows, maybe Ruutu comes in and does a terrific job and Lou will prove us all wrong, but damn, I don't see how.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#126 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I don't mind this deal too much. At least we know Ruutu can play in the NHL consistently if he doesn't get injured. The salary is rough but we needed someone to try bolstering our wings, and we'll have space after some players clear this year and the cap goes up. While it's not a blockbuster, at least it's something.

#127 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,973 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

I agree.  I actually wouldn't have had any issues with him standing pat. 

I wanted him to stand pat. Ruutu is the worst Devils trade I can remember. As Tri just said, the Devils LW core is a disaster. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#128 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,278 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

I wanted him to stand pat. Ruutu is the worst Devils trade I can remember. As Tri just said, the Devils LW core is a disaster. 

The 'Canes are STILL probably in "Did we really just pull that off?" mode.  Were they able to hide their chucking/glee over the phone as they were talking to Lou? 

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#129 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

I don't know.... John MacLean for Doug Bodger was pretty bad......

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#130 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Again, it all depends on how much salary is picked up.  If it's 50%, it's a decent deal because the Ruutu contract will move again if it has to, even if NJ has to eat 25% of the remaining cost.

TG now saying 'some' - so I would estimate some at 20%.  Not good enough, unfortunately.

Edited by Triumph, 05 March 2014 - 03:35 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#131 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 35s

Lamoriello said Carolina retained some salary in the Ruuta trade.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#132 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Thank God, Lou said Carolina retained some salary.  Here's hoping it's about $4 mil a year.

#133 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

If Lokti was going to bolt, and Lou had plans to buy out Volch this offseason, is this trade really that bad? 

#134 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Well I feel a little bit better now that we know some of the $ was retained by CAR.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#135 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

How much?

#136 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Well I feel a little bit better now that we know some of the $ was retained by CAR.

Couple pennies.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#137 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice 35s

Lamoriello said Carolina retained some salary in the Ruuta trade.

The-Sandlot-FOREVER.gif

Edited by Daniel, 05 March 2014 - 03:41 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#138 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,659 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

I'm happy if it's miminum 40% retained

#139 mfitz804

mfitz804

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

Lokti was leaving, and he has sucked anyway. Ruutu is not the player we needed, but this deal doesn't hurt us whatsoever IMHO.

#140 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,278 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

That's something.  Kinda like finding out your car only has three flat tires instead of four.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users