173 replies to this topic

#161 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:29 AM

yeah fvck the other 29th pick, they get to pick a spot ahead because of us pretty much, well some of them

Edited by SterioDesign, 07 March 2014 - 08:29 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#162 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,401 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Now that we've got 30th pick we need to win the Stanley Cup this season.

Yeah, we need a GM making moves for that to happen...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#163 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

I KILLED Lou for not forfeiting the pick right after we went to the Finals.   I did say unless he has insider information that we will get the pick back somehow...

He HAD to have known there was a good chance the pick would be coming back, otherwise it would have been absurd to NOT forfeit our 2012 pick

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#164 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

I KILLED Lou for not forfeiting the pick right after we went to the Finals.   I did say unless he has insider information that we will get the pick back somehow...

He HAD to have known there was a good chance the pick would be coming back, otherwise it would have been absurd to NOT forfeit our 2012 pick

I owe lou an appology too. way to stick it out till the end lou!

#165 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

I owe lou an appology too. way to stick it out till the end lou!

“When you have time you use it”

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#166 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

It was the owners that ask for the meeting not Lou

#167 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

I don't know, better than nothing I suppose. We'll draft a kid who may get a chance to play for the next coach. Still would rather have thrown Matteau back in the pond and taken this year's possible top 10 pick.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#168 oconnellrules

oconnellrules

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

who should we take with that pick? I say the 30th best player.

cmon marty

#3 #4 #27 #30 #26

#169 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Fabulous Puck Daddy article on this

http://sports.yahoo....-181853523.html
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#170 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

It was the owners that ask for the meeting not Lou

We know you don't like Lou, but you can't pretend the owners did this on their own and that it had nothing to do with him. The league wanting to not punish new owners makes sense, but Lou clearly had a big hand in this.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#171 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yeah, we need a GM making moves for that to happen...

You mean the GM that brought Jagr and Schneider to the Devils before the start of this season? Honestly, where in the rankings do you think the Devils would be today if those two acquisitions were not made by Lou? Also, I have no issue with Lou making only minor changes to our roster this past week. First, the devils are on the cusp of making the playoffs and there is no need to 'shake things up' for the sake of making things exciting. Did we need a scorer? Sure, but at what cost? The devils are not a a CUP team, and would not be a cup team no matter who they acquired in Ruutu's place. What is the point of Lou shipping picks and prospects for a short term rental? At least a few of these guys will be testing the market this summer and if the price (and fit) is right, Lou will acquire them for mere salary. Side note: I like what Ruutu brings as far as size and grit. The devils play a slower game along the baord and need guys who can protect the puck and throw their body around on the forecheck. Ruutu will do just that. That having been said, only time will tell if he will earn his $ (see past inuries), but that can be said about anyone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that he and Clowe stay healthy.

Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#172 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 02:47 PM

this years Devils 1st round 30th pick is, Ilya Kovalchuk

Posted Image

#173 TheRedStorm

TheRedStorm

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

We know you don't like Lou, but you can't pretend the owners did this on their own and that it had nothing to do with him. The league wanting to not punish new owners makes sense, but Lou clearly had a big hand in this.

No one is pretending that Lou didn't have anything to do with it, but the owners were the ones who initiated it and followed it through. I don't know what the problem is with giving them credit where credit is due. 

Edited by TheRedStorm, 07 March 2014 - 03:47 PM.

The Devil wears Prada....and has the luggage to match :-)

#174 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

I agree -- they are not intimidated.  But they are practical. I've settled many a case with those very same lawyers at Proskauer, Skadden and the like.  And they don't turn down a reasonable deal that provides their clients with a satisfactory resolution and the certainty that goes with it.

And A-Rod had no case -- legally or factually.  Totally different situation.

And to the rest of the board -- you're welcome for the copper wire.

:clap2:  Great to see you again smelly. :)

Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users