273 replies to this topic

#141 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

oh and guess who just tied it up in Crapolina. SHORTHANDED AGAIN. The jerk Rangers

Devils are going to lose some ground tonight

Edited by '7', 07 March 2014 - 09:11 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#142 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Guess marty will get.his playing time afterall. Horrible night for cory

#143 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Games like these really get me concerned about our future in goal... 

Edited by Devs3cups, 07 March 2014 - 09:13 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#144 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

I have a terrible feeling that Cory might come back out for the 3rd....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#145 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Games like these really get me concerned about our future in goal...

Cory has proven he can be one of the best over an extended period of time. Everyone goes through cold streaks, and he's definitely struggling right now.

It's just ESPECIALLY unfortunate right now because of all the Marty bullsh!t drama. He knows the job isn't his and he's probably unnecessarily nervous as a result.

Bleh. Garbage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You really wanna destroy what's left of his confidence?

And what makes you think a cold 41 year old Brodeur is a better option? Get real.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#146 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Let him take his lumps and have a fresh Brodeur for tomorrow. Not like they have a chance to get anything out of this game anyway

Edited by '7', 07 March 2014 - 09:15 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#147 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,309 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Beating the wings in regulation would have been huge tonight. Now we would be lucky to even salvage a point. Super depressing.

For all the flak Marty had gotten recently, and a lot of it deserved, imagine the choices tomorrow is a tired cory or kinkaid

#148 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

What difference does it make atm?  Unless it gets to Patrick Wah in his final game in Montreal type bad you kind of don't want to play Marty the night before a scheduled start anyway.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#149 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Cory has proven he can be one of the best over an extended period of time. Everyone goes through cold streaks, and he's definitely struggling right now.

It's just ESPECIALLY unfortunate right now because of all the Marty bullsh!t drama. He knows the job isn't his and he's probably unnecessarily nervous as a result.

Bleh. Garbage.

And what makes you think a cold 41 year old Brodeur is a better option? Get real.

Bleh. Garbage.

I don't care about his confidence at this point, I want a chance at winning this game...he looks atrocious tonight

A "cold 41 year old Brodeur" can't be much worse

Let him take his lumps and have a fresh Brodeur for tomorrow. Not like they have a chance to get anything out of this game anyway

The way this game has been so far, there is a sliver of hope to tie it up.....but if Cory gives up another one, it's all over

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#150 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Penalty shot for CAR in the NYR game.

#151 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Merrill started the ball rolling the other way. Kid panicked in front of his net and just senselessly chucked it into the stands.

Devils PK can handle anybody except Detroit it seems

#152 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts

And Skinner buries it!!!

The Queen was pissed....love it.

#153 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

And Skinner buries it!!!

The Queen was pissed....love it.

Whoopee, maybe the Jackets or Caps can make the playoffs.  We sure as **** aren't going to do it. 

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#154 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Bleh. Garbage.

Yeah I know Cory is a very good goalie, but with all that Brodeur talk, whether or not he'll stay next year, the low-scoring for Cory etc. will CS really stay with us? That's just what I'm concerned about.. He's the goalie that we need, but I'm concerned about him staying long-term.

Edited by Devs3cups, 07 March 2014 - 09:21 PM.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#155 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Whoopee, maybe the Jackets or Caps can make the playoffs.  We sure as **** aren't going to do it. 

Once Marty gets back in there and on a hot streak....we ride him to the Cup!  :thumbsup:

#156 mfitz804

mfitz804

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:22 PM

Schneider looks like crap tonight.

#157 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

What a surprise. Rags tie it again

#158 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,169 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Yeah I know Cory is a very good goalie, but with all that Brodeur talk, whether or not he'll stay next year, the low-scoring for Cory etc. will CS really stay with us? That's just what I'm concerned about.. He's the goalie that we need, but I'm concerned about him staying long-term.

Oh I see what you're saying, my bad. I thought you were worried about his ability.

What you're talking about is definitely a concern, and I'm worried right with you there.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#159 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,717 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

If he's going to respond to pressure like this maybe we don't want him long-term.

Once Marty gets back in there and on a hot streak....we ride him to the Cup!  :thumbsup:

Yeah and the tooth fairy's going to leave me a billion dollars.

#160 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

If he's going to respond to pressure like this maybe we don't want him long-term.

Yeah and the tooth fairy's going to leave me a billion dollars.

The going rate is a billion now?!?

Damn...that tooth fairy owes me some money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users