119 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

He had one terrific good 10-game run from 10/26 to 11/25, and it was a lot of fun to watch for sure...probably his last hurrah, as far as playing well goes for a decent stretch goes.  He's been pretty bad otherwise. 

I don't see that.   He is used to playing everynight and he has to adjust to not being the guy anymore (which is the issue).   I don't think there is a goalie I would rather have down the stretch.  Especially, if he is looking to prove he still has some gas left in the tank for other teams next season.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

I don't see that.   He is used to playing everynight and he has to adjust to not being the guy anymore (which is the issue).   I don't think there is a goalie I would rather have down the stretch.  Especially, if he is looking to prove he still has some gas left in the tank for other teams next season.

Welcome to 1998.  God, that Barenaked Ladies 'One Week' song sure is annoying, huh?  And how's about the President and Monica Lewinsky?  Crazy stuff.

Marty's issue is that he is bad and has not been good for 3 years.  

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,695 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

can we stop with the "wins" arguement. 29 teams just showed what they think of broduer as an NHL backup. thats reality hitting home. yet he comes off the same day , after getting EMBARRASSED on the national stage, and plays a power move. just unreal!

In his mind he sees it as Lou refused to trade him more than nobody else wanted him. And maybe there's some truth to that if they've gone back to bending over backwards for him.

..to be fair CR.. is this the situation that Marty signed up for 2 years ago?
I'm not saying Marty's right, but if there's animosity between Lou & Brodeur because of it.. can't you somewhat see Brodeur's point? He signed on thinking Lou would honor Henberg's contract. Johan & Marty signed roughly at the same time.

If Moose was still on the team this year.. does Marty have 30 starts, or 60?

Marty's seen Lou buy out guys before including White and Pandolfo.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:06 PM

I wish he would just accept the team cannot afford to wait for him to hit on a good streak. Streaky is not an option - it's his job to work around that not the teams job to be patient with him.

and I HATE that quote -- I'm not going to be mad at Cory I'm going to mad an SOMEONE ELSE.

YOURSELF YOU DUMB sh!t! BE MAD AT YOURSELF! :rant:

Sure Marty isn't that bad -- but not so bad isn't an option on ANY professional sports team much less a struggling one.

Inconsistent has NEVER been an option - why must the team be patient wiht his finding his groove? Why shoudl the present make way for the faded past? It's illogical. I HATE how he's saying he refuses to accept personal responsibility.

CONSISTENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE DEVILS WAY!!! It's not some big surprise. <_<

PK, that quote made me lose it- 'I don't blame Cory, I blame someone else'. Are you kidding me? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Look in the mirror you selfish prick. And it really kills me to write that about OUR guy, OUR all-time great... But I call 'em like I see 'em and Marty is being an a$$hole.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#45 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

I'm getting sick of hearing about this.

+1

Not that I think we shouldn't be talking about it -- we're fans, of course we love talking about our favorite team. And it is an interesting dilemma from an armchair GM's perspective.

It just sucks when a true legend gets close to his last days.

#46 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

+1

Not that I think we shouldn't be talking about it -- we're fans, of course we love talking about our favorite team. And it is an interesting dilemma from an armchair GM's perspective.

It just sucks when a true legend gets close to his last days.

That's what I am getting sick of.  WE should be talking about it, sure.  But Marty needs to stop talking about it.  Enough is enough.  We need to move forward and move on and that is exactly why I was disappointed when he was not moved out of town this week.  If we want to make the playoffs or even come close, our BEST CHANCE is not with Martin Brodeur in net...that's the end of the story.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#47 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,202 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

i feel bad for Marty here. a lot of this stems from the outdoor game when he was hung out to dry on all those 2 and 3 on 1s.

lies. Most of those were awful goals. He played horrifically. Devils were up 3-1 and never should've lost that game

"I don't blame Cory, I blame someone else"

BLAME YOUR fvckING SELF FOR ONCE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO STOP A GOD DAMN SHOT

If Martin Brodeur was a Buffalo Sabre this season he'd have 3 wins MAXIMUM. The Devils...a team on pace to score less than 200 goals is somehow averaging 3+ for Brodeur and the only explanation is absolute bizarre dumb luck. It has nothing to do with his presence in net or puckhandling.

Edited by '7', 07 March 2014 - 12:28 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#48 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

lies. Most of those were awful goals. He played horrifically. Devils were up 3-1 and never should've lost that game

"I don't blame Cory, I blame someone else"

BLAME YOUR fvckING SELF FOR ONCE FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO STOP A GOD DAMN SHOT

Agreed with that sentiment.

DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#49 Beezer34

Beezer34

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

In his mind he sees it as Lou refused to trade him more than nobody else wanted him.

This.

I think Marty's more angry than ever now. On-top of being held hostage for another 19 games, there's this newfound consensus out there that; "Marty wasn't traded, because nobody wanted Marty" -and I think that makes him livid. I think 2 years ago he was using the option of playing on another team as leverage.. I don't think he ever really negotiated with other GM's. His quotes this year however make it seem like he's eager to get to July 1st.. because he's done in NJ.

"What might impact Wednesday’s 3:00 pm NHL trade deadline? "We’ll see." Brodeur said. "That’s something I can’t control. I’d love to control it more, trust me.. because I’d like to play more. Wednesday will come and go, and we’ll see one way or the other. But that most likely will be out of my hands."

..that speaks volumes to me, in the sense of Brodeur's thinking as to: what exactly took place two days ago. I know alot fans were speculating that Brodeur would've been side-by-side at Lou's desk working the phones, but that was never going to be the case. I really feel that Brodeur doesn't believe Lou may have done his absolute best in dealing him.. and now, (as ThreeCups said earlier) he'll go to any other team in 4 months, just to try and prove a point to Lou that; 'you can't control me!' type defiance.

Edited by Beezer34, 07 March 2014 - 12:37 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#50 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

This is a shame. I've been one of the more understanding ones about Marty's situation and how hard it must be to accept that your amazing run has come to an end, but now he's coming off as downright delusional.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#51 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

was going to take to long, but just imagine the mike magnante getting release scene in Moneyball. that's what I'm thinking.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#52 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:38 PM

Welcome to 1998.  God, that Barenaked Ladies 'One Week' song sure is annoying, huh?  And how's about the President and Monica Lewinsky?  Crazy stuff.

Marty's issue is that he is bad and has not been good for 3 years.  

Glad to see you still have your head up your a$$ Tri.  

Injuries aside, he has done a very good job in keeping a team that can't score competitive the past few years.  

The only thing he has been guilty of here is trying to live up to an impossible standard that he himself has set.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#53 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Glad to see you still have your head up your a$$ Tri.  

Injuries aside, he has done a very good job in keeping a team that can't score competitive the past few years.  

The only thing he has been guilty of here is trying to live up to an impossible standard that he himself has set.

I don't think anyone here is expecting him to be as good as he was in his prime. Hell, I was only hoping he'd be league average and he's not even that. He's among the worst goalies statistically in the league. That's the problem.

oKCiNj.jpg

#54 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Delusional whiny Highlander Marty FTW. Seriously, you got served on Wed. So know your role, shut your mouth and accept it so we can move on.

#55 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,435 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

I don't think anyone here is expecting him to be as good as he was in his prime. Hell, I was only hoping he'd be league average and he's not even that. He's among the worst goalies statistically in the league. That's the problem.

The stats are pretty bad of recent, Earlier in the season he was leading the league is Save % and GAA.  The difference now is that he is has collected rust because PDB is using Schnieder more and he is out of sync.  

My point was he now has something to prove and I think, based on history, he will rise to the occassion.   That was all.     

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#56 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

The stats are pretty bad of recent, Earlier in the season he was leading the league is Save % and GAA.  The difference now is that he is has collected rust because PDB is using Schnieder more and he is out of sync.  

My point was he now has something to prove and I think, based on history, he will rise to the occassion.   That was all.     

Stop making sh!t up. I don't even think Brodeur's numbers were better than Cory's...even at Brodeur's highest, and Cory's lowest.

Edited by devilsrule33, 07 March 2014 - 01:05 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#57 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yep -- that's what I was going to say.  I was actually content with average.  A little less than average isn't good but I'd take that even -- but when you add the self-righteous blather and finger pointing, then some sort of action has to be taken.

I'm here for the party

#58 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,918 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

I like to imagine Brodeur sitting on the bench while Cory's losing 2-1 yet again and thinking to himself 'Wish I could get out there and help this team more, I'd be doing a better job for sure'

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#59 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I like to imagine Brodeur sitting on the bench while Cory's losing 2-1 yet again and thinking to himself 'Wish I could get out there and help this team more, I'd be doing a better job for sure'

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#60 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Alright, I had enough of this. To think I got a little emotional at the game Tuesday night. I wish he was just traded, enough is enough. The guy blows for these last two seasons.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users