136 replies to this topic

#101 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

Goalie bullsh!t drama aside, if this team wants to even sniff the playoffs, they better start matching the opposition's intensity each and every game from here on out. It doesn't matter who the opponent is -- Red Wings, Hurricanes or whomever -- most of those teams are GOING FOR IT. ... The Devils need to do the same.

#102 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:40 PM

AGREED. we get the win and dont have to be concerned with marty getting more starts

Don't be so sure. Cory sh!t the bed yesterday.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#103 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

yea cory was awful i just meant that tonights game didn't make it any worse for Cory

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#104 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

so does henrique have more goals than zach parise?

#105 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:45 PM

yea cory was awful i just meant that tonights game didn't make it any worse for Cory

I'm sure PDB now considers this to be a 1A 1B situation

#106 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

But he doesn't sh!t the bed every night. He is coming off an unreal stretch.

Brodeur on the other hand couldn't even play in the AHL. He is atrocious, unclutch, and just plain delusional. We can not let him continue to drag us down into the mud anymore. Nail his ass to the bench, give him 5mil under the table to pay off Melanie for the next 10 years, just keep this abject disaster OFF THE ICE

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#107 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Awesome job by Ruutu tonight, he skates a lot better than I thought he did, hopefully he plays his way into staying with Zajac and Jagr. Henrique and Elias have just been unreal lately, love watching them play. Nice of Brunner to finally score but that turnover he had was horrendous. 

The D really had to step up to eat minutes with Gelinas only playing 3:26 in the final 2 periods (understandably so given the score and lack of PP's). 

By no means was Brodeur good, I'm not saying that at all, but I don't think he was as awful tonight as some others in the thread. The Semin goal was bad but the 1st goal was a bit of a fluke, then they had a PPG, and SHG where he was left out to dry. Overall 29 saves on 33 shots so he kept them in it. I still don't think he should get the next game or much playing time at all, but I have a feeling he will at least get the next start.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#108 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Marty earn the right to start on Tuesday against Philly. We can't take a chance that Cory is through with his Bad starts.

#109 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Marty earn the right to start on Tuesday against Philly. We can't take a chance that Cory is through with his Bad starts.

When will Marty be through with his bad 2 years?

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph

#110 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Awesome job by Ruutu tonight, he skates a lot better than I thought he did, hopefully he plays his way into staying with Zajac and Jagr. Henrique and Elias have just been unreal lately, love watching them play. Nice of Brunner to finally score but that turnover he had was horrendous. 

The D really had to step up to eat minutes with Gelinas only playing 3:26 in the final 2 periods (understandably so given the score and lack of PP's). 

By no means was Brodeur good, I'm not saying that at all, but I don't think he was as awful tonight as some others in the thread. The Semin goal was bad but the 1st goal was a bit of a fluke, then they had a PPG, and SHG where he was left out to dry. Overall 29 saves on 33 shots so he kept them in it. I still don't think he should get the next game or much playing time at all, but I have a feeling he will at least get the next start.

The first goal is not on him at all

The PPG is a makeable save. He saw and was set for that shot all the way.

The Semin goal is the typical softie backbreaker that everybody saw coming. Marty lazy, slow, again doesn't cover up down low.

The SHG wasn't an easy save, but Nathan Gerbe is a midget and not a top flight goal scorer. For all the whining and crying Brodeur does can you come up with a save there and not leave the door open for a Canes comeback

Brodeur did nothing to help us today. Absolutely zilch.

#111 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Due to it possibly(fingers crossed) being his last season, Marty will start in the last games of the season against the Rangers, Montreal and Philly at the very least.

#112 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,114 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Due to it possibly(fingers crossed) being his last season, Marty will start in the last games of the season against the Rangers, Montreal and Philly at the very least.

No, this team is trying to make the playoffs. His legacy starts are over

Edited by '7', 08 March 2014 - 10:09 PM.

#113 Default

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:15 PM

No, this team is trying to make the playoffs. His legacy starts are over

You would hope, but I wont hold my breath...

#114 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

I will not be surprised if Marty gets the Flyer game....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#115 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Even though the Devils gave up 4 tonight, I don't think the Devils were that bad defensively.  I blame 3 of the 4 goals on Marty.

1. WTF Marty?!  Good play by Skinner though.

2. Soft

3. Can't blame Marty on the breakaway goal.  Those forehand to backhand breakaway shots are difficult to stop, especially when they go top shelf.

4. Awful goal by Marty.

BTW, my record for games I attend is now 10-2-3.

Henrique, Zajac, and Ruutu were beasts tonight!  I also liked Salvador, Elias, Clowe, Brunner, and CBGB tonight.  Thought they all had good games.  Jagr and Zubrus were ok.  Am I missing anybody?

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#116 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

We don't have any more games with Montreal.  He'll probably start Philly on Tuesday solely because of the 3-0 record even though if it was Cory sitting at 3-0 after Marty had two great months he'd be playing Marty regardless.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#117 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

great job by the offense tonight -

henrique has been a man possessed lately - everything is going in for him.

zidlicky also had a great game.

ruutu worked nicely with jagr and zajac tonight

ryder - still nothing - seems a step slow with the shot which is an issue.

i love getting 4+ goals a game and all, but the defense has really been an adventure. as much as i'd like to blame sal, merrill and gelinas have taken a step back. i think volchenkov should draw in for philly and see where they go from there.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#118 CHIP72

CHIP72

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:22 PM

Henrique, Zajac, and Ruutu were beasts tonight!  I also liked Salvador, Elias, Clowe, Brunner, and CBGB tonight.  Thought they all had good games.  Jagr and Zubrus were ok.  Am I missing anybody?

Zidlicky made a couple of really good plays (including making a good pass for the primary assist) immediately prior to the Ruutu game winner.

Edited by CHIP72, 08 March 2014 - 11:23 PM.

#119 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Sal was disgustingly awful on Semin's goal.  Even worse than Marty, who was bad himself on that goal.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#120 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Convert that man into a forward. It worked with Brent Burns maybe it can work for Eric. Why not try that experiment for a game or two since Ryder and Brunner are doing zilch at even strength. Also frees up Larsson....ehhh nvm I forgot about Volch.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users