33 replies to this topic

#21 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,902 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

What is with other teams fans and trying to fight in the bathroom?

#22 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

:huh:  How do you get to be in between the benches?

I have a buddy who's father in law is a businessman down there. I think its a perk of STHs for them or something. Its only fir the first period.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#23 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,885 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

As long as you're not in the nosebleeds you'll be fine.  Wear your gear, and cheer loudly when the Devils win.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#24 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:47 PM

I have a buddy who's father in law is a businessman down there. I think its a perk of STHs for them or something. Its only fir the first period.

Ahh, that's cool. I can understand them not wanting you wearing Devils gear during that.

#25 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:07 PM

Ahh, that's cool. I can understand them not wanting you wearing Devils gear during that.

F that, even more of a reason to wear the colors. Screw the Phailures.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#26 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

I've been to countless games in Philly while wearing my Devils stuff. As long as you don't go out of your way to be obnoxious, you'll be fine. You'll get plenty of "Devils suck!" chants yelled your way on the concourse and maybe a taunt here or there as you celebrate a goal, but nothing crazy (as long as you aren't being an ass yourself). 

Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#27 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

I was in the lower level for the game in November and was fine. Probably going to wind up going Tuesday and paying just as much for the nosebleeds as I did for lowers four months ago, but whatever. I'm likely flying solo so I don't anticipate too much of an issue.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#28 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,784 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

That Bill Burr bit is the greatest bit in the history of stand-up comedy. Gold.

Saw him here in Moncton last week, the guy is hilarious

www.SterioDesign.com

#29 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

F that, even more of a reason to wear the colors. Screw the Phailures.

Trust me, I will try. I don't however want to screw things up for my buddy by being an annoying a$$hole.

-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#30 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I am going and I now have an extra ticket. Anyone want it ? Not sure what section but I've been told they are great seats where we are less likely to be heckled. Just have to me me at will call
Oh yeah it's free too.

#31 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,130 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:07 PM

Trust me, I will try. I don't however want to screw things up for my buddy by being an annoying a$$hole.

Oh I hear ya- certainly not condoning being an annoying a$$hole in all seriousness. Just wear your Patty jersey and smirk a lot. :P

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,441 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:55 AM

What is with other teams fans and trying to fight in the bathroom?

What is it with fighting over sports events period?  I don't think I'll ever understand it.  I know a lot of it is fueled by alcohol, but I would never actually start a fight with someone over a friggin' game.  I'd rather walk away...it's just not worth it to me, and too many things can go wrong (like you hitting a guy, him slipping on a wet floor and cracking his head open and killing himself.  Suddenly that punch you threw is a now an involuntary manslaughter charge...sure, doesn't happen a lot, but whenever stuff like that does happen, no one sees it coming.  And it's just impossible to tell what people are capable of these days).  Even if you try to get into good-natured ribbing, it seems like it escalates so damned quickly these days, where suddenly five or six people (including females) are suddenly throwing punches, beer flying everywhere...kinda sucks. 

That whole nonsense in the MSG bathroom happened because, sadly, the guy who started it with me (it was ALL him) wasn't going to let me past him without it being a fight...it's what he wanted and he was determined to make it happen.  Pure self-defense on my part. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#33 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Always wear your colors. I wore a Raiders jersey and hat  in the Governor's box at Giants Stadium with Gov. DiFrancesco and Gov.Elect McGreevey both there back on 2001.

Worn my Devs jersey to Philly countless times.

I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#34 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

ive only been to away games in the dump on Long Island and at msg and i always wore my jersey.. ive actually never had anyone say anything to me except other devils fans
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users