42 replies to this topic

#41 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

He would be wise to resign in NJ.. We have the easiest travel in the NHL, he's playing on a top line and gelling with Zajac (maybe Ruutu now), and we play a style that is suitable for his speed.. He'd be far less effective in some of the run-and-gun style teams in the East.. We play a slower possession game that fits his skill set well.. I can definitely see him coming back, especially if we do well in FA (not that I think he is actively trying to win a Cup)

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#42 Lateralous

Lateralous

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

At this point, resigning him would seem to be a no-brainer. If we're going on a one year deal, I have no problem throwing him 5 for next season. We would seriously be looking at giving up a top 3-5 pick this year if it weren't for him (and the other aging Czechs).

#43 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:23 PM

Remember when people were disappointed that signing Jagr made it seem like we were out of the Brunner sweepstakes? It's funny how things turn out. Brunner seemed like our best shot at a Kovalchuk replacement, but Jagr seemed to take on that role quite nicely instead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users