#21 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm Finnish. Lou should sign me  :ninja:

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Esa has at least to me always come off as a cry-baby and I had that opinion before the Devils and when he came here and then basically cemented that view I had of him.  I guess too much time with the 80's Oilers spoiled him.

I always got the impression he thought being with the Oilers and the Rangers made he feel like he was above playing for the Devils...it really seemed like he wasn't willing to do the things that made him who he was when he was on the Devils.  He did say the right things he when he was first dealt to them:

http://www.nytimes.c...draft-pick.html

Something had to happen for Lou to move him that quickly.  Looked online for comments after he was traded, but didn't find anything.  Rumor had it that he wasn't adhering to some team codes/rules.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 11 March 2014 - 06:10 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

I always got the impression he thought being with the Oilers and the Rangers made he feel like he was above playing for the Devils...it really seemed like he wasn't willing to do the things that made him who he was when he was the Devils.  He did say the right things he when he was first dealt to the Devils:

http://www.nytimes.c...draft-pick.html

Something had to happen for Lou to move him that quickly.  Looked online for comments after he was traded, but didn't find anything.  Rumor had it that he wasn't adhering to some team codes/rules.   

Wasn't he also drunk a few times right before games/practices or am I confusing him with Quint?

#24 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Wasn't he also drunk a few times right before games/practices or am I confusing him with Quint?

Quint apparently showed up to a practice hungover.  He was sent home immediately.  Quint actually credited Lou with saving his life many years later. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users