19 replies to this topic

#1 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

Y'all convinced me to go to the game tomorrow from my other thread. I now have an extra ticket if anyone wants to take the trek solo. Your seat will be with me, my girlfriend and her father. All of us are devils fans. I don't know where the seats are yet but I know they will be pretty darn good. I will post the seat location later. Ticket is free, if your 21 just buy me a beer and be nice to "Phillys version of Deb Placey" when she stops by to hang. First come first serve !

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:28 PM

Tempting… Very tempting… Not an easy commute from Somerville, NJ but I'll think about it

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

I used to work on east Main Street in somerville

#4 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:35 PM

Smantzas got it. Thanks for playing.

Edited by JRZYRIPPER, 10 March 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

I used to work on east Main Street in somerville

Oh cool.. It's a nice little area down there, great for lunch breaks when it's warm out.. Hope you guys enjoy the game!! Let us know where you're sitting and remember: REPRESENT! 

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

fvckKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. It's a ten minute subway ride from me. I got to the other game here and the preseason one, I can't afford tickets for this one though.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#7 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,903 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

Have fun guys, bring us two points.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

sh!t I wish I could've gone, and had seen this sooner :lol:

Always awesome when people hook each other up on this forum, good stuff.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 JRZYRIPPER

JRZYRIPPER

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

Seats wound up being lower bowl 116 row 13. Semi corner at the face off dot

#10 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for the ticket dude. The butthurt Flyers fans made it that much sweeter

#11 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thanks for the ticket dude. The butthurt Flyers fans made it that much sweeter

Don't leave us hanging man.. How butthurt? Details, details!!

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

Edited by Colin226, 12 March 2014 - 09:52 AM.

Posted Image

#12 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Don't leave us hanging man.. How butthurt? Details, details!!

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

They were quiet basically the whole game and resembled a morgue.  Exceptions include the play where they change the penalty and the no-goal call with under a minute left.  It was awesome to have the Philly fans get their hopes so high only to see the ref waive it off.  What made it better was the refs reviewed it (no idea why since you can't review goalie interference) and then having them announce it on the mic was even better.  One of the most hostile 40 seconds I've ever seen in a crowd. 

Btw, there were a decent amount of Devils fans in our section and one guy even started a "let's go Devils" chant.

#13 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

every time ive ever been to the dump on long island its been that way also.. alot of our fans I feel like we almost take the place over lol
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#14 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

every time ive ever been to the dump on long island its been that way also.. alot of our fans I feel like we almost take the place over lol

you're obviously lying, because our fanbase is so small and our brand of hockey is too boring to attract people to games.

#15 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

They were quiet basically the whole game and resembled a morgue.  Exceptions include the play where they change the penalty and the no-goal call with under a minute left.  It was awesome to have the Philly fans get their hopes so high only to see the ref waive it off.  What made it better was the refs reviewed it (no idea why since you can't review goalie interference) and then having them announce it on the mic was even better.  One of the most hostile 40 seconds I've ever seen in a crowd. 

Btw, there were a decent amount of Devils fans in our section and one guy even started a "let's go Devils" chant.

Hahaha that's awesome.. Yeah our fans have really been showing up down there

Posted Image

#16 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

Oh cool.. It's a nice little area down there, great for lunch breaks when it's warm out.. Hope you guys enjoy the game!! Let us know where you're sitting and remember: REPRESENT! 

+1 for my hometown, Somerville! Origin Thai is a great lunch/dinner spot. food is amazing.

R.I.P - Pathmark!

Put food on my family

#17 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

They were quiet basically the whole game and resembled a morgue. Exceptions include the play where they change the penalty and the no-goal call with under a minute left. It was awesome to have the Philly fans get their hopes so high only to see the ref waive it off. What made it better was the refs reviewed it (no idea why since you can't review goalie interference) and then having them announce it on the mic was even better. One of the most hostile 40 seconds I've ever seen in a crowd.

We did that a few times there in November, it's great. The only time you hear a word is when they try to quiet us down

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

#18 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

+1 for my hometown, Somerville! Origin Thai is a great lunch/dinner spot. food is amazing.

R.I.P - Pathmark!

Pathmark and that entire strip mall needed to go in the worst way and I'm glad it did. The new buildings there already looks much better and they are not even done building them.

Origin is good, melting pot is good, verve is good. and the clubhouse is a pretty devils-friendly sports bar where no matter what day of the week you go in there is always room at the bar. Problem is the beer selection is not that good and it's kinda a dive lol.

#19 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

We love Origin and I'll also add that Hansel and Griddle is a good lunch spot.. Sushi Palace has a good all-you-can-eat too
Posted Image

#20 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,085 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

Pathmark and that entire strip mall needed to go in the worst way and I'm glad it did. The new buildings there already looks much better and they are not even done building them.

Origin is good, melting pot is good, verve is good. and the clubhouse is a pretty devils-friendly sports bar where no matter what day of the week you go in there is always room at the bar. Problem is the beer selection is not that good and it's kinda a dive lol.

Oh GOD, that whole Pathmark complex was ALWAYS awful.  I don't remember it ever looking particularly nice. 

Went to Verve once (1998) and it was VERY tasty.  I've always wanted to go back.  Not sure what's taking me so damned long. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users