234 replies to this topic

#221 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:14 AM

I say if you are enjoying posting and you like increasing your post count, then keep doing it, it is no skin off my back and I am happy that people on this site are so active.

I do understand where CR1976 is coming from, he is an experienced poster who I give the benefit of the doubt is annoyed with a lot of the post quality lately, and I think he had a lapse in judgement here out of frustration. I don't mean to speak for him though.

+1 

More than anything, this type of post is unnecessary and is designed as a 'jab' towards CR. It helps nothing. A couple years ago I pushed for Sterio to win a board award or two and I have to say since then, he has become disappointingly argumentative and his post quality has dropped significantly.  

Actually, overall I think the post quality around here is quite good...I really do.  It's a pretty good mix and cross-section of the Devil fanbase.  You have your optimists, your pessimists, your chronic complainers, your nostalgists and historians, both older and younger fans, guys who go more by their eyes and guys who bring advanced metrics and other less-commonly known ways of measuring player performance to the masses.  I've been to HF and one other Devils site (I forget the name, which tells you all you need to know about it), and neither one held my interest for very long...as a matter of fact, this board is the only one I've remained on for anywhere near this long, which really says it all.

There's definitely guys I wish would come back, like DevilinLA and DIG.  Their losses are definitely felt.  But overall this is still an excellent site.  And when you spend a fair amount of time on a site such as this, chances are there's going to be a personality or two that you're going to butt heads with more than you'd like, but fortunately for me there really haven't been too many.  Most of my more spirited debates have been hockey-related, not personality clashes.   

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#222 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

More than anything, this type of post is unnecessary and is designed as a 'jab' towards CR. It helps nothing. A couple years ago I pushed for Sterio to win a board award or two and I have to say since then, he has become disappointingly argumentative and his post quality has dropped significantly.  

Well of course it's designed for that, i told him many many times to just put me on his ignore list or to stop bringing back those random jabs all the time, especially when it has nothing to do with the discussion. He hasnt stopped so yeah, i'll simply do what he does until he really stops. lol sorry if it's bothering you honestly. The day he'll stop it will all stop.

Edited by SterioDesign, 13 March 2014 - 07:19 AM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#223 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:04 AM

From TSN - KERRY FRASER on the disallowed goal

http://www.tsn.ca/bl...aser/?id=446011

Interesting that he calls out the Toronto Review Room, and he's absolutely right. That accomplished nothing but almost start a riot at Wells Fargo Center and for no good reason because they couldn't have overturned the call anyway (nor should they have, considering it was a good call).

#224 dmann422

dmann422

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:18 AM

Interesting that he calls out the Toronto Review Room, and he's absolutely right. That accomplished nothing but almost start a riot at Wells Fargo Center and for no good reason because they couldn't have overturned the call anyway (nor should they have, considering it was a good call).

yeah I'm assuming all reviews are initiated by Toronto- they call down to the ice rather than the ref deciding a review is needed (correct?). I think Toronto just wanted to check to see what the ref's exact call was because he didn't make it clear on the initial announcement. I think the nhl could use more standardized language when refs announce to the crowd. "Not a good hockey goal" isn't exactly descriptive or informative on what the call was. The nfl by and large does a very good job of this after it's reviews.

#225 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Actually, overall I think the post quality around here is quite good...I really do.  It's a pretty good mix and cross-section of the Devil fanbase.  You have your optimists, your pessimists, your chronic complainers, your nostalgists and historians, both older and younger fans, guys who go more by their eyes and guys who bring advanced metrics and other less-commonly known ways of measuring player performance to the masses.  I've been to HF and one other Devils site (I forget the name, which tells you all you need to know about it), and neither one held my interest for very long...as a matter of fact, this board is the only one I've remained on for anywhere near this long, which really says it all.

There's definitely guys I wish would come back, like DevilinLA and DIG.  Their losses are definitely felt.  But overall this is still an excellent site.  And when you spend a fair amount of time on a site such as this, chances are there's going to be a personality or two that you're going to butt heads with more than you'd like, but fortunately for me there really haven't been too many.  Most of my more spirited debates have been hockey-related, not personality clashes.   

Yea, I am pretty much with you here. I don't like the people who simply complain about post quality like when the site was smaller somehow everyone was so much better. What I mean is that we have had constant negativity from a few people on this board for about a year now (aka the same people fighting over and over again). We have a great range of posters on the site.

Well of course it's designed for that, i told him many many times to just put me on his ignore list or to stop bringing back those random jabs all the time, especially when it has nothing to do with the discussion. He hasnt stopped so yeah, i'll simply do what he does until he really stops. lol sorry if it's bothering you honestly. The day he'll stop it will all stop.

Sorry, but one thing about CR is that I have never seem him take an unnecessary shot at anyone. Maybe he did towards you, I missed when this all started. However, going by what I have seen, it has been you who always jumps in and turns things sour. CR didn't even make a big deal over Mike Brown. Your post was solely meant to needle CR. I think you should cut the immaturity and revert back to the poster we all (sorry if someone disagrees) know you can be. 

Edited by Neb00rs, 13 March 2014 - 10:45 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#226 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

This website is probably still miles ahead of most of the Facebook groups I'm in, and other sites. We're spoiled here... There are a lot of idiots out there.

Edited by DJ Eco, 13 March 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#227 Mike Brown

Mike Brown

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

This website is probably still miles ahead of most of the Facebook groups I'm in, and other sites. We're spoiled here... There are a lot of idiots out there.

Facebook goes unmoderated for the most part.

temp_zps55e0012a.png

NEW JERSEY DEVILS: 3 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!

NEW YORK YANKEES: 27 TIME WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

#228 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

I've said this before, but oh man that facebook group.  "Fans of the NJ Devils" or whatever.  Yikes.  Makes Rangers fans look knowledgeable.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 13 March 2014 - 04:12 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#229 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

I've said this before, but oh man that facebook group.  "Fans of the NJ Devils" or whatever.  Yikes.  Makes Rangers fans look knowledgeable.

ALOT of those fan groups on there are just bad.. like the comments on the 233 crazies page when people leave comments under what he posts some of it is just unbelievably retarded.. and really shows how much of a lack of knowledge some people have
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#230 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:17 PM

ALOT of those fan groups on there are just bad.. like the comments on the 233 crazies page when people leave comments under what he posts some of it is just unbelievably retarded.. and really shows how much of a lack of knowledge some people have

The best part of the 233 crazies page on FB are the auctions they have.  While the signed replicas are official replicas, the customization is just god awful and the font is often not even close.  Plus people really overpay for them too and usually they are the ones who don't know you can get the same thing for MUCH cheaper.

The best though on that page is every month they have a laundry list of people they call out to pay for their auctions.  lol I guess those people realized the garbage they bid one without thinking about it first.

#231 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

The people who comment on those Facebook fan groups should be forced to pass a hockey IQ test to continue watching. Since they'd all fail miserably, it would help weed out a lot of fvcking morons.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#232 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

i always get a good laugh out of the idiots that pay way too much for some of the things they auction off there.. the only thing i ended up getting from them was a langenbrunner signed 8x10 i won it for like $2 lol .. you see some people on there paying like $60plus for a signed 8x10 of someone you can get in person for $20
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#233 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

i always get a good laugh out of the idiots that pay way too much for some of the things they auction off there.. the only thing i ended up getting from them was a langenbrunner signed 8x10 i won it for like $2 lol .. you see some people on there paying like $60plus for a signed 8x10 of someone you can get in person for $20

or $250 for a horribly customized replica carter jersey.  I don't blame the people when they don't want to pay up later.

Plus I like how they have pucks personalized by some players with "Rangers suck."  Yeah having a puck showing off a massive inferiority complex really raises its value.

#234 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

The people who comment on those Facebook fan groups should be forced to pass a hockey IQ test to continue watching. Since they'd all fail miserably, it would help weed out a lot of fvcking morons.

Here are pretty much every post on those groups right now:

1) Cory or Marty?

2) I think we should trade Gelinas and a 5th rounder in 2016 for Tavares.  Is this a good deal for us?

3) OMG!! Fully stitched authentic Devils jerseys for only $35!!!! website: www.fakesh!ttychinesejerseys.com

4) The goal song sucks!  I hate everything!

5) Look I made this sh!tty-looking customized t-shirt.  Buy one!!  I even put one that says "Jagr-bomb"!  I am so clever!

6) When is the next game/signing/event/etc.  I am too lazy to do a 5 second google search.

#235 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:53 AM

REAL NJ DEVILS FANS is the one I think you're talking about. It started out pretty cool, but is run by Marty's nephew, I believe. He doesn't butt in too much, so I don't put the blame on him. But things started downgrading once Cory started getting a lot of starts. You can't really have a rational conversation there without inevitably having to deal with people who "don't give a sh!t if Cory leaves his summer, Marty's better", etc., etc., etc...... Just a few months ago, it was a lot better, was one of the better FB groups to chat about Devils hockey in..

Edited by DJ Eco, 14 March 2014 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users