259 replies to this topic

#21 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

Guys, don't get my hopes on Revis like that... We all know he's going back to the Jets or NE.

FWIW, my point is now moot since they cut him.

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:59 PM

FWIW, my point is now moot since they cut him.

He'll be a Patriot or a Jet (again) by this time tomorrow.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

He'll be a Patriot or a Jet (again) by this time tomorrow.

99% chance it's the former.  I don't really see the Jets giving him his asking price this year when they traded him because they wouldn't give him his asking price last year.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

He'll be a raider.

#25 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

He'll be a raider.

They have so much cap space and no QB that they can certainly throw all the money at him that they want. But seems to me that under those circumstances the Raiders would have traded something like a third round pick to keep him away from everyone else if he was really in their plans. If any team can afford to pay him $16 million a year, which he won't be getting from any other team, it's the Raiders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#26 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:16 PM

99% chance it's the former. I don't really see the Jets giving him his asking price this year when they traded him because they wouldn't give him his asking price last year.

I think the differences now are that the Jets have more cap space, and that Idzik might actually believe the Jets can compete for the playoffs, which no one thought last offseason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#27 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Welcome back Randy! Posted Image

#28 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Cortland Finnegan a Dolphin at 2/11.

Consider me not a fan unless none of that is guaranteed.

Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that

#29 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

Guard Shelly Smith signs for 2/5.5. Most articles I see penned about him speak on a 7.0 grade from PFF and that hes an excellent run blockwr. I suspect he, Dallas Thomas, and (potentially) Zack Martin will be competing for the two guard spots.

#30 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Don't know much about Smith, but the buzz seems positive on him. Had offers from three teams apparently (Pats, Giants, Fins), but chose the Fins. Fills another need on the o-line for reasonable money, so good on Hickey there. Finnegan I'm not sure about for that coin- he isn't what he once was. He is better than Nolan Carroll though, so that's something. He sounds motivated to prove he's still got it. Hopefully he backs up the talk.

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Just a random thought for some reason, but I am really, really hoping that the Niners somehow manage to screw things up with Harbaugh. If that's the case, from my fan's standpoint we're playing with house money this season. If the team finally brings it together and makes postseason football interesting to me, then great. If not, I think there's a good chance that Ross goes all in again for Harbaugh, this time with a little more tact. And unlike being in a position to draft a generational QB like the Colts always seem to be able to do, we wouldn't have to be the worst team in the league.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

If the Niners bungle the Harbaugh thing (and it looks like they may have),  If he signs with Miami he will make a winner out of your QB.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

If the Niners bungle the Harbaugh thing (and it looks like they may have), If he signs with Miami he will make a winner out of your QB.

Indeed. That's why I'm on board with Daniel's way of thinking- house money. If the team wins and makes the playoffs- great! If they don't Philbin will be gone... And if Harbaugh is available (a distinct possibility at this point), Ross will go after him hard and have a real shot to land him (this time after firing the current head coach first).

#34 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. That city takes that coach for over their GM. And there really isn't a issue in the locker room, that's been cleared up.

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:41 AM

Harbaugh isn't going anywhere. That city takes that coach for over their GM. And there really isn't a issue in the locker room, that's been cleared up.

From what I have read, the owners are siding with the GM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Everything is all speculation. And when I said city I ment the fans. Ballke is replaceable. Harbaugh. Is not

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

Everything is all speculation. And when I said city I ment the fans. Ballke is replaceable. Harbaugh. Is not

I think there's more to it than that.  There's no reason to not have given the coach an extension by now unless there's some rift.  Doesn't mean it won't be resolved eventually though.

Posted Image

#38 CarterforPresident

CarterforPresident

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

The rift, has actually been their since day one. Their two different type of people. But it has greatly helped them. But it being to a point where Ballke would trade him, or he doesn't have the locker room (utterly false) isn't really there, at least in depth, its been shot out by plenty of people in the room and behind the scenes. I really don't think nothing will happen, Jim's more valuable to them then Ballke, but if he ended up in Miami, you'd be a lot better, as would Ryan Tannehill.

I think there's more to it than that. There's no reason to not have given the coach an extension by now unless there's some rift. Doesn't mean it won't be resolved eventually though.

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

yeah, the Harbaugh trade to the Browns effort just floored me.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,410 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 11:32 AM

yeah, the Harbaugh trade to the Browns effort just floored me.

I know the Browns are tripping over themselves

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users