202 replies to this topic

#101 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 08:22 AM

Hickey did work tonight... Traded down twice to the end of the second (picking up a 4 and a 5) and took Jarvis Landry, WR from LSU. I've yet to read anything negative about this kid. Mayock and McShay said he is the toughest receiver in the draft bar none. Fights for every ball that comes near him. The only reason he slipped was his 40-time. Dude catches EVERYTHING and gets serious RAC. Has the potential to be a great slot receiver and a serious weapon for Tannehill. Then he traded up in the 3rd with Oakland, (giving up one of our now two 4's) to get Billy Turner, OT NDSU. Looks like he'll get run at both guard and tackle from what Hickey said shortly after making the pick, and could start at guard. Very good day 2, keep up the good work on day 3 Mr. Hickey!

The Landry pick seemed to redeem him a bit, but I really don't like the James pick, especially since it seems the two lineman taken at the beginning of the second round were better. I dunno the guy just looks like an old man that's slow, but maybe I'm wrong.

I guess though that I kind of understand what Hickey has been doing the offseason, which is getting as many guys to fill in the O-line as possible, and hope enough of them are good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#102 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000349625/article/don-jones-disciplined-for-tweets-about-michael-sam

..don't mean to pile on here, but for Christ sake.. can the fish get out of their own way?! :doh1:

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#103 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:11 PM

The organization really needs to lock down fvcking Twitter at this point, its ridiculous. Truth is, while I have no issue with gay people whatsoever and I'm happy for Michael Sam, that whole thing was very tough to watch... I was uncomfortable watching it. I'm sure others were as well. But Don Jones and everyone else on the team should know better after the Martin/Incognito garbage that you don't go posting sh!t like that on Twitter because there's absolutely nothing to gain from it. There's no excuse at this point...
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#104 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:31 PM

The organization really needs to lock down fvcking Twitter at this point, its ridiculous. Truth is, while I have no issue with gay people whatsoever and I'm happy for Michael Sam, that whole thing was very tough to watch... I was uncomfortable watching it. I'm sure others were as well. But Don Jones and everyone else on the team should know better after the Martin/Incognito garbage that you don't go posting sh!t like that on Twitter because there's absolutely nothing to gain from it. There's no excuse at this point...

Yeah, I thought the whole thing was pretty innocuous, and it's pretty ridiculous that the guy has to go to sensitivity training. I'd venture a guess that most people are weirded our by it, but whatevs.

There's a reason why Lou's special sauce involves a no twitter policy.

Edit, which reminds me when the Devils used to do the kiss cam and would always end with two guys wearing the visiting team's jersey. The DOJ's civil rights division would launch a full scale investigation if that happened these days. How things have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel, 12 May 2014 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#105 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Here's some info on UDFA's being signed, and a cap on the draft. Overall I agree with Kiper- not a flashy draft for the Fins, but solid. I liked our day 3. http://miamiherald.t...om/sports-buzz/

#106 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, I thought the whole thing was pretty innocuous, and it's pretty ridiculous that the guy has to go to sensitivity training. I'd venture a guess that most people are weirded our by it, but whatevs.

There's a reason why Lou's special sauce involves a no twitter policy.

Edit, which reminds me when the Devils used to do the kiss cam and would always end with two guys wearing the visiting team's jersey. The DOJ's civil rights division would launch a full scale investigation if that happened these days. How things have changed.

I think sensitivity training is obsurd, but its the world we live in now... Eventually these guys need to realize that while no one begrudges anyone their opinion, you can't go putting controversial sh!t on Twitter because you represent the organization, and you WILL be reprimanded/fined/cut depending on what gets said and who it pisses off. Its just the way it is.

#107 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 05:51 AM

Sensitivity training is what this idiot needs.   He can't live in a bubble.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#108 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:37 AM

Sensitivity training is what this idiot needs. He can't live in a bubble.

Sensitivity training is useless and accomplishes nothing. Penn & Teller did a great show on it.

Some people should be sent to grow thicker skin training.

Posted Image

#109 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

Sensitivity training is useless and accomplishes nothing. Penn & Teller did a great show on it.

Some people should be sent to grow thicker skin training.

Sensitivity training creates awareness of a problem.    Penn and Teller????

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#110 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 12:10 PM

Sensitivity training creates awareness of a problem. Penn and Teller????

It was on their show Bullsh!t on Showtime. They showed what actually goes on in these sensitivity training sessions, and presented data showing that it doesn't achieve its stated goals, or at the very least there's no data at all that even suggests that it does.

It's basically a CYA measure devised by employment attorneys.

Posted Image

#111 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:02 PM

It was on their show Bullsh!t on Showtime. They showed what actually goes on in these sensitivity training sessions, and presented data showing that it doesn't achieve its stated goals, or at the very least there's no data at all that even suggests that it does.

It's basically a CYA measure devised by employment attorneys.

Totally understand the legal perspective.  I think a lot will vary on content of the course, etc.   Is that show still on?

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#112 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Totally understand the legal perspective. I think a lot will vary on content of the course, etc. Is that show still on?

Nah, it's been off the air for a few years now. If you look around you should be able to watch most episodes.

Edit, the episode is available on YouTube

Edited by Daniel, 14 May 2014 - 05:02 PM.

Posted Image

#113 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thanks.  Is it on Netflix?

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#114 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:29 AM

Thanks.  Is it on Netflix?

Not sure.

Posted Image

#115 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Dolphins NYC fanclub already has the signup information available for the 2014 MetLIfe Takeover.  Maddog, I know you have your superstition issues, but it really is a lot of fun, and highly recommend that you and other local Phin fans go. 

http://www.dolfansny...etlifetakeover/

http://www.signupgen...72DABF94-monday

Posted Image

#116 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

Dolphins NYC fanclub already has the signup information available for the 2014 MetLIfe Takeover. Maddog, I know you have your superstition issues, but it really is a lot of fun, and highly recommend that you and other local Phin fans go.

http://www.dolfansny...etlifetakeover/

http://www.signupgen...72DABF94-monday

Yeah I saw they had the info up- I'll see. I've been wanting to make it out for a couple years, this could be the year. But yeah you're right- I'm very superstitious lol. They always lose when I go. I'd like to think I'm due for a win, its been a while.

#117 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Pouncey out at least 3 months after hip surgery. Motherfvcker. http://miamiherald.t...l#storylink=cpy

#118 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Every football fan should read this: http://www.miamihera...ylors-pain.html

#119 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,668 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Every football fan should read this: http://www.miamihera...ylors-pain.html

As Joe Namath said, the human body is not meant for football.

Posted Image

#120 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,064 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

As Joe Namath said, the human body is not meant for football.

And Broadway Joe was right. The fact that JT played with that catheter in is mind-boggling. Dude was a warrior.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users