406 replies to this topic

#121 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Well training camp is well underway. First day in pads today. Jarvis Landry has really impressed so far. Every tweet I read about him the last three days has said you put the ball near him, he catches it. He's a vacuum. As long as he stays healthy, this kid has the potential to be a major steal for us.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#122 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:29 PM

Well training camp is well underway. First day in pads today. Jarvis Landry has really impressed so far. Every tweet I read about him the last three days has said you put the ball near him, he catches it. He's a vacuum. As long as he stays healthy, this kid has the potential to be a major steal for us.

They said this stuff about Brian 7-11 Hogan too.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#123 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

They said this stuff about Brian 7-11 Hogan too.

Yeah... He wasn't a second round pick with a track record of success at an SEC school. You really need to work on your comparisons. Anyway, good read about Philbin being on the hot seat: http://www.miamihera...gest-miami.html

#124 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Yeah... He wasn't a second round pick with a track record of success at an SEC school. You really need to work on your comparisons. Anyway, good read about Philbin being on the hot seat: http://www.miamihera...gest-miami.html

I get the distinction. We just always here this stuff about our draft picks, and they all underwhelm basically without exception. Let's at least wait until a preseason game to call a late second round pick anything other than hopefully being a bona fide starter.
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#125 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

I get the distinction. We just always here this stuff about our draft picks, and they all underwhelm basically without exception. Let's at least wait until a preseason game to call a late second round pick anything other than hopefully being a bona fide starter.

I hear ya. But hey, we need something to try and get excited about right? If we had the WR depth that we have at other positions on the roster, we'd be a SB contender. WR and d-line are looking like the deepest spots on the roster.

#126 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Any word on how Juwann James is doing? 

VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#127 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

Any word on how Juwann James is doing? 

He evidently got man handled by Wake, but otherwise haven't read that much.  I suppose when it comes to O-lineman, no news is good news.

Posted Image

#128 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:38 AM

James has been taken to school by Wake so far. Good that he's learning from one of the best though I guess.

#129 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

So maddog (or anyone else), you still considering the Metlife takeover?  Tix should still be available.  I asked estreet if he's going.  If not, I might pass since I wouldn't know anyone else there. 

Posted Image

#130 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

So maddog (or anyone else), you still considering the Metlife takeover? Tix should still be available. I asked estreet if he's going. If not, I might pass since I wouldn't know anyone else there.

I may go, but I want to wait and see if the game is meaningful first. The last thing I want to do is freeze my ass off watching us play a game that has no impact on making the playoffs while being surrounded by 60,000 Jet fans.

#131 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

43xaoCT-1.jpg

#132 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:54 AM

First preseason game tonight. And even though preseason football is like non-alcoholic beer, I'm still excited.

#133 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Great, now Reshad Jones is suspended 4 games for failing a piss test. Pouncey's out, we now have two guys suspended the first 4 games... I can almost guarantee someone important will get hurt tonight. Because Dolphins.

#134 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,360 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Dolphins hired Mike Tannenbaum as a consultant today

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Offense looked fantastic on the first drive. Awesome. And that was without Hartline, Wallace, or Clay. 10 plays right down the field. The play design looked light years ahead of anything we saw with Mike Sherman. Bill Lazor is off to a great start. Looks like we have a chance at having *GASP* a dynamic, creative offense. The Dolphins. Pretty novel concept isn't it lol? Anyway, that made the night for me. I won't even sh!t on the defense, even though the run D worries me (looked a lot like last year's run D).

#136 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

Looks like I'm heading down to Miami for the opener against the Pats.  Haven't been there since '98 (also went in '97).  Looking forward to it, the Dolphin fans were very cool and friendly the other two times I went. 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#137 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Looks like I'm heading down to Miami for the opener against the Pats. Haven't been there since '98 (also went in '97). Looking forward to it, the Dolphin fans were very cool and friendly the other two times I went.

Nice have a great time CR- but of course I hope you're walking out our house a loser that day lol.

#138 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Btw where are your seats? I went to a Fins-Pats game in Miami back in 2002. I sat in the next to last row of the upper deck- I felt like I was in fvcking Foxboro with the number of Pats fans there were lol. Plus there was an incident in the parking lot that day too- a bus full of Pats fans had bottles and sh!t thrown at their bus as it was leaving the parking lot after the game. We won that day so thankfully the Pats fans were pretty quiet, but the bus thing I saw was crazy. Of course that was the year after the Pats' first SB win, so the bandwagon was in full force.

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

Nice have a great time CR- but of course I hope you're walking out our house a loser that day lol.

I'm 1-1 down there...both games were pretty painful...Pats won 14-12 in '97, lost 12-9 in OT in '98.  Bledsoe was absolutely awful in the '98 game:  13 for 39 for 240 yards and a pick (it was windy as hell that day)...as good as Bledsoe could be, he could REALLY drag down his team when he didn't have it...Brady was always much better at battling than Bledsoe, not even close.  Robert Edwards ran the ball 19 times for 27 yards, and would again get stuffed against Miami in their matchup (24 yards on 14 carries).  Marino had a rough game too:  23 for 42, 279 yards, 3 picks.  It was one of the uglier games I've seen.  Neither team ran the ball particularly well...they combined for less than 100 yards rushing.   

Seats are in Section 417.  Only $115 each.  My parents have a condo in Ft. Lauderdale...they just bought it a couple of months ago.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 11 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#140 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:55 PM

I'm 1-1 down there...both games were pretty painful...Pats won 14-12 in '97, lost 12-9 in OT in '98. Bledsoe was absolutely awful in the '98 game: 13 for 39 for 240 yards and a pick (it was windy as hell that day)...as good as Bledsoe could be, he could REALLY drag down his team when he didn't have it...Brady was always much better at battling than Bledsoe, not even close. Robert Edwards ran the ball 19 times for 27 yards, and would again get stuffed against Miami in their matchup (24 yards on 14 carries). Marino had a rough game too: 23 for 42, 279 yards, 3 picks. It was one of the uglier games I've seen. Neither team ran the ball particularly well...they combined for less than 100 yards rushing.

Seats are in Section 417. Only $115 each. My parents have a condo in Ft. Lauderdale...they just bought it a couple of months ago.

$115 seems kinda steep for 417, but it is opening day... And yeah, that '98 season was just ugly all around for Marino. It was clear he was at the end at that point, even though we still made the playoffs that season, and even though he played another year after that. I agree about Brady being a better battler than Bledsoe- Brady is extremely mentally tough, which helps to make him who he is. Gonna be a tough game for us, as it always is when we play the Pats. Can't wait.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users