24 replies to this topic

#1 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:02 PM

Get in as top 3 of the division or a wildcard slot?

With the wildcard we'd play the Penguins or the Bruins and with the 2 or 3rd spot we'd play Flyers, Rags, BJs or Caps

#2 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:07 PM

Don't matter to me. I like our odds vs anyone in the playoffs. This team has been playing playoff hockey all season playing 1 goal games. Plus, no shoutout in the playoffs

#3 Sneax

Sneax

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Have to agree, outside of the bruins there isn't anyone to be scared of. I guess the penguins could be scary if fleury magically continues to play well into the playoffs. He has been pretty damn good this year, if that continues they could be winning another cup finally.

But we should be really scared of the bruins they always beat us in recent memory.

Edited by Sneax, 13 March 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Yeah the Bruins (maybe the Penguins if MAF actually plays well in the playoffs) are the only team I'd worry about.

Honestly just to get to the show would be such a great success that anything afterwards would feel like a bonus to me.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#5 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

I would absolutely love to play the Penguins first round at all costs. Only teams I'd be somewhat nervous about are Boston and Columbus (oddly enough). Devils and Columbus are two teams I don't think anyone would look forward to being drawn against in the first round.

#6 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Who cares. We have nothing to lose really if we make it.

#7 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, I'd consider making the playoffs after starting 0-4-3 a successful season.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#8 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

I want the fan base to start appreciating just making the playoffs.

Btw, everyone picked us last this year - so if we make it, by some fvcking way - Pete for Adams, Jagr for Hart. Shouldn't even be a competition.

Btw, everyone picked us last this year - so if we make it, by some fvcking way - Pete for Adams, Jagr for Hart. Shouldn't even be a competition.

Let us remember, Jagr didn't play in preseason too and TG called him the "Phantom"

#9 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,117 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Let us remember, Jagr didn't play in preseason too and TG called him the "Phantom"

I think it was ESPN that basically made it sound like the only thing the Devils did was to bring in Jagr (and of course, they made that move sound like a joke bound to fail).  They didn't mention Schneider or any of the other moves Lou made to try to recover from Kovy "retiring".  But yeah, I think a lot of prognosticators were quite proud of themselves when the Devils started off 0-4-3 and were saying "Haha, see, told you the Devils were going to suck!"  I don't think any of them thought the Devils had a 17-9-7 run in them. 

But yeah, playoffs are never a birthright.  Devils did a hell of a job to get in this year if they pull it off, even if everyone from the GM down to the players had us all scratching our heads at times.  And even if it DOESN'T happen, no one can accuse them of not trying.  They may not always be very good, but they rarely sleepwalk their way through a game (though on their uglier night it can look that way). 

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:12 PM

I hate these threads

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#11 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Me too.

#12 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Pete for Adams is insane considering what St. Patrick's done with a team that drafted #1 a few months ago. Jagr for Hart is not that insane but you know Crosby and his 110 points is getting it.

And nobody had the Devils last, most everyone had them where they are now, just outside the bubble.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#13 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

I could've sworn everyone from THN to ESPN to TSN all had the Devils last. But I am too lazy to look it up :)

#14 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Pete for Adams is insane considering what St. Patrick's done with a team that drafted #1 a few months ago. Jagr for Hart is not that insane but you know Crosby and his 110 points is getting it.

It's pretty insane. The Hart should go to the best player in the league. Even if you want to use valuable, it has to go to someone more valuable than Jagr.

These threads are not silly when you are in a playoff spot, but where the Devils are...it's pretty silly.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#15 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:02 PM

It's pretty insane. The Hart should go to the best player in the league. Even if you want to use valuable, it has to go to someone more valuable than Jagr.

These threads are not silly when you are in a playoff spot, but where the Devils are...it's pretty silly.

If it wasn't for Jagr the Devils would literally be fighting the Isles and Buffalo for the worst record in the league.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#16 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:06 PM

If it wasn't for Jagr the Devils would literally be fighting the Isles and Buffalo for the worst record in the league.

If it wasn't for Bernier so would the Leafs. If it wasn't for Ovechkin, the Caps would probably be with Buffalo. If it wasn't for Karlsson, Ottawa would be bottom 3.

You can do it with a lot of teams. Anyway, I like awarding the best player in the league the MVP. 

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#17 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

I will just be happy the team is still playing hockey. It could be against a team made up of all the greatest ever players, in their prime, who start each game with a 6 goal advantage and I would still be happy.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#18 2ELIAS6

2ELIAS6

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:15 PM

Definently wouldnt want to get stuck seeing boston in the first round.. i dont think i would want to see the pens in a first round either, but beggers cant be choosers at this point if we even get in at all ill be happy
believe-devs.jpg1dun.jpg

*authentic Martin Brodeur autographed goalie stick with COA for sale pm me if interested*

#19 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

If it wasn't for Bernier so would the Leafs. If it wasn't for Ovechkin, the Caps would probably be with Buffalo. If it wasn't for Karlsson, Ottawa would be bottom 3.

You can do it with a lot of teams. Anyway, I like awarding the best player in the league the MVP. 

Exactly true. Not only that, but I could argue that Jagr is less vital to the Devils' success than any of those other players are to their team's.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#20 thecoffeecake

thecoffeecake

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Exactly true. Not only that, but I could argue that Jagr is less vital to the Devils' success than any of those other players are to their team's.

This is not how hockey works. Just like adding a scorer doesn't magically raise team scoring. This is just childish simple mindedness. Goaltenders are the only ones that can single-handedly greatly affect the teams performance game in and game out.

Just call me RingDings: Mike Brown's dirty bottom bitch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users